Thread: Area Six Importing - Shut Up And Just Take My Money

Area Six Importing - Shut Up And Just Take My Money

I'm trying to help a mate of mine buy a hatchback - Golf, i30, Ceed etc. in the north. Well me but everything that he phones up about has just been sold to a Mexican.

They might as well set up chip & pin machines on the Boucher Road with the rate stuff seems to be getting sold. We are going to have to resort to driving up on Saturday with no shortlist, a laptop, two phones and cash money. I'd say the booze aisles in the supermarkets will be like the Battle of Helm's Deep.

Anyone else importing?
    2003 BMW 325i Sport Touring (E46)
    2018 Volvo V40 D2 R-Design
    2005 Adria Coral 630DH

Lol, Battle of Helm's Deep.

No not importing. No interest in diesels and even less interest in VRT.
    I'm with the resistance

Check out Crawford Cars, Lisburn. Always a wide choice, and a good guy to deal with.

I can only imagine. I went the other way last week - sold a car into UK. Got shafted on GBP-EUR compared to even a few weeks ago, and was very lucky to have a buyer for it. I was lucky in that the car is relatively rare and the buyer had missed out on the last two similar ones that had come up for sale in the last few months. I'd be giving it away otherwise. If I was buying, and could wait, I'd be holding off another while. It's only going one way...

Quote Originally Posted by injeejay View Post
    If I was buying, and could wait, I'd be holding off another while. It's only going one way...
    Would it not be bad? Even if sterling tanks, would it mean paying VAT on top of VRT in a no deal?

Also have a look at Ballyrobert, they have huge stock between their 2 places either side of Belfast

Quote Originally Posted by jimgti View Post
    Would it not be bad? Even if sterling tanks, would it mean paying VAT on top of VRT in a no deal?
    After October 31st and assuming a no deal, then yes. But we’ve a few months to go yet on that and the currency markets won’t wait to see what will actually happen. They’ll be pricing it in well beforehand based on assumptions. It’s all speculation in any event, but be it as it may, the speculation is mostly saying Dive, Dive, Dive!