Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scimitar SE6

Things are starting to come together:

Crank needed a grind, new bearings and rings in honed bores. Heads still in box having been gas flowed and new hardened valve seats.
    Chassis practically built up, just need to plumb rear brakes.
    Sanding back the body in preparation for a respay sometime........... while I finish rebuilding the engine and fitting it with g'box to chassis.

Attachment 8225 Attachment 8226 Attachment 8227 Attachment 8228 Attachment 8229

More here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/147918531@N04/6Hk2g1

Keep up the good work, we need more projects like this!
    Current Projects : Gti Engineering MK1 Golf, Renault 5 Turbo, 205 Gti, G60 Mk2 Golf, Clio Williams mk1, Saphire Cosworth

A bit of progress, mainly on the body. All now sanded back, including the underneath which I have now painted with a rustbusters epoxy paint, and will hopefully be heading off for some colour before month's end.

Attachment 8748Attachment 8750Attachment 8751

Crap! I don't know how i missed the update, Man oh man that looks fantastic, fair play to you dude you're really going all the way with this! So so impressed, keep up the brilliant work

Looks pretty good, working in Fibreglass must be daunting.
    Backroads Xbox racing club - search for backroadsdotie on xbox live or PM me your gamertag https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-...arch-for-clubs

Quote Originally Posted by V8 Damo View Post
    Crap! I don't know how i missed the update, Man oh man that looks fantastic, fair play to you dude you're really going all the way with this! So so impressed, keep up the brilliant work
    Thanks for the encouragement!!

Took the whole ensemble to Limerick show at the end of May, the tub then went off to the painter that evening.

Attachment 8933

Got a bit carried away doing the underside of the bonnet

Attachment 8934

Imagine the tub will be with the painter for a while, at least I hope so as I have loads of room now! I'll be on call for when he needs a hand, and some guidance......

Just got the last few engine bits from John Wade Developments (modified/gas flowed inlet mani, recurved dizzy and recon/uprated Weber carb) and from Burton Power (high lift cam plus followers and new oil pump). Now I can have some fun reassembling the engine (haven't even opened the box from Peter Burgess with the flowed unleaded heads that I got in Feb!), mating it to the refreshed g'box and then fitting to the chassis with my new Downing and Fairbank's propshaft (good and reasonably priced service for anyone needed a new prop).
    Last edited by Triumphtr4a; 23-06-2017 at 06:50 PM.

There are uprated brackets available for mounting the suspension A arms to the chassis and if it doesn't have them already I would recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
    There are uprated brackets available for mounting the suspension A arms to the chassis and if it doesn't have them already I would recommend them.
    Already done.