Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time of year for cars to come blinking back into daylight, off sorn.

Time of year for cars to come blinking back into daylight, off sorn.

The XJS has been sitting in the back of the garage for 6 months now, covered in dust, spider poop and cobwebs.
    Connected up the battery charger for a few hours, checked the fluids and with great excitement started her up.
    Out in the daylight, a quick wash and we headed out into the setting Sun. few initial creaks and groans and it settled into things.
    Great to have the old girl back in service.

Anyone else dragging anything out?

That off sorn feeling.

Good man as I was cruising around in a 4.0 xjs over the weekend and it is a nice place to be except it doesnt fit in the carpark in Bewleys Ballsbridge so ended up getting chipper for dinner instead...
    FIANNA FLET......a lot of fletting done, more fletting to do

Hmmmm I've an idea....

Yep, Ive got my 300CE back on the road for 6 months too.
    Deadly Dave

I used to love the prep for, and feeling of the first drive of the year. Hopefully ill be there next year!

Yes, put my mk2 back on the road on Sunday. Fresh NCT and tax

Having this collected at the weekend to have a few issues sorted. Then back on the road for the first time since 2012.

When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command.

Very often that individual is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Browns lane View Post
    The XJS has been sitting in the back of the garage for 6 months now, covered in dust, spider poop and cobwebs.
    Connected up the battery charger for a few hours, checked the fluids and with great excitement started her up.
    Out in the daylight, a quick wash and we headed out into the setting Sun. few initial creaks and groans and it settled into things.
    Great to have the old girl back in service.

Anyone else dragging anything out?

That off sorn feeling.

Jag me ar$£! Isn't that the bonnet of a Fiat of the Spider variety?

Anyway, time to lift dust cover off X1/9, drop it off the axle stands, check tyres and fluids, disconnect coil to dizzy and turn it over to get the oil pressure up. Sunny day. Targa top off and a little wind in the (hypothetical) hair motoring. It's a shame Summer falls on a weekday this year!
    Beware of imitations; there's another lawyer out there calling himself "Lucanlaw!" So the writing on the wall may be a forgery!

Took my little mini out for a blast yesterday up to Kilcoole to a mates and then back down over the border to Wexico,
    Had a laugh with a guy in a Gold coloured Audi A5 along the M11 from Wicklow too