Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcheck/Cartell/My Wheels - Pricey for multiple car checks - Options?

Motorcheck/Cartell/My Wheels - Pricey for multiple car checks - Options?

I am looking for an Alfa GT so as you can imagine I have to check them out and it is pricey when you have to look at each and every one to find the diamond in the rough. If I was to pay close on €35 per check or so it can add up to a few pound. Has anyone any suggestions on how to get some more detailed info without having to spend so much to get some more detailed info.

A few free checks (not the same as a full report though):

Checking if the car has exchanged hands recently:

https://www.motortax.ie/PSE/start.do...0?page=welcome

Checking the number of previous owners, Tax, NCT, colour etc: **Info may not be up to date

(insert registration number)

http://www.carsireland.ie/add.php

Other than that, get friendly with someone who works in a dealership!

I think chill do one for €8.

could you wait until you do a deal, subject to a successful report before actually doing a carcheck?
    ie, go see car, agree a price, do the car check and if everything checks out then happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by fortytwo View Post
    could you wait until you do a deal, subject to a successful report before actually doing a carcheck?
    ie, go see car, agree a price, do the car check and if everything checks out then happy days.
    IMO this is the way to do things. I would always inspect the car in person and do the motor check before i strike a deal
    BAD SPELLERS OF THE WORLD UNTIE

Quote Originally Posted by fortytwo View Post
    Depends how far away the car is I guess.

Yep normally like to view and then report but i am in Galway and apart from 1 the rest are mostly in Dublin and Louth. Its a bit of a trek and you can only see so many in a day. The info can be a bit slow to drag out and the reports di help. Maybe I will just have to wait till the right car finds me!

If you PM me a reg I can run it for you through the SIMI Car History Check.

Quote Originally Posted by twail View Post
    If you PM me a reg I can run it for you through the SIMI Car History Check.
    You are a star. PM on the way and many thanks.

I ran a MotorCheck recently on a Discovery 4, and it returned '258bhp'. I used that carsireland.ie/add.php (and looked in the network inspector to see the information it received in the background), and it returns 209bhp ('XE' spec). Does anyone know where this data actually comes from, and which might be more accurate? Cheers!