Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Saxo vts track/time attack

Saxo vts track/time attack

This has been my Project since November 2014 started this blog on the ISDC site and still working on the car getting it ready for time attack this year.
    http://isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=43155

Sorry might need to sign up to view I'm not sure how it works!

Have to sign up, get some pics and info on here, sounds interesting

These are a few pics of the from the day I brought the car home,I started work on the car the same day and I will copy and upload some of the stuff I have in the ISDC site.
    I'm still working on the car nearly every evening to get it ready for the next track day on 20th of feb.

Great little cars these, had a Peugeot 106 back in my younger days, pretty much identical to a Saxo, can't wait to see the progression to racecar.

This was the start of the strip out.

Quote Originally Posted by bobel View Post
    Great little cars these, had a Peugeot 106 back in my younger days, pretty much identical to a Saxo, can't wait to see the progression to racecar.
    Ye I'm impressed with them myself I had it out for two track days in December and it went very well,the handling on track even in the wet was very good and has plenty of power for the moment

All old shocks,track rod ends,drop links,wishbones stripped out and replaced new also all bushings and brake lines changed.

I upgraded the brakes to 306 gti the standard Saxo brakes are poor to say the least,

After a little clean up

Rear brakes tidied up and new pads fitted

Fitted these seats and harnesses these with home/custom brackets which is ok for track car but this is in the process of changing for time attack.

OMP steering wheel fitted.

CD player removed and relocated window switchs and fitted kill switch and start button

Timing belt kit fitted the water pump put up a fight but I won

Yokahama ADO8 tyres ready for fitting.

This is my custom made induction kit,made this from an old stainless steel back splash.

Last edited by dunner; 21-01-2015 at 08:53 PM.