Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105
Results 1,041 to 1,046 of 1046

Thread: Not being Okay

Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    I've a funeral to go to on Saturday, an old friend took his life. I'm not altogether right in myself since I hear yesterday... That's Three successful suicides I have been close to and one failed one in my lifetime.

I'm starting to feel a bit meh...lots of memories being dragged up.

Who do I need a doctor or straight to a counselor?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    I don't think you need a doctors referral - although I did ask my doctor, he didn't have anybody to refer me on to - he did say that I might need to try a few different ones before I found one that I was comfortable with. I wanted to avoid a work supplied one also - in the end a friend recommended a person to me. You might find one near you on https://iahip.org/

Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    I've a funeral to go to on Saturday, an old friend took his life. I'm not altogether right in myself since I hear yesterday... That's Three successful suicides I have been close to and one failed one in my lifetime.

I'm starting to feel a bit meh...lots of memories being dragged up.

Who do I need a doctor or straight to a counselor?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Sorry to hear that Miller, can't be easy at all. Talking to anyone can help, if your Doctor is anyway understanding it might be quicker to get an appointment with them, but they will refer you to a therapist, but don't forget there's plenty of support out there, Pieta House, Aware etc.
    I'm standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused

Thanks for all the advice folks.Proud to say I have never had a smart phone. Lots to think about.
    Miller,sorry for your loss.

Hope you're ok Owen, I've been thinking of your post a lot. Remember, little by little and be kind to yourself.
    2003 BMW 325i Sport Touring (E46)
    1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
    2018 Volvo V40 D2 R-Design
    2005 Adria Coral 630DH

Thanks Flet.I shouldn't have stayed away from here for so long.I'd forgotten how great you all are!
    I'll never forget that meet at Lough Owel when you just handed me (a complete stranger) the keys to your clio and said take her for a drive!
    Last edited by owen; 14-02-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Sorry for your loss Miller. In my book; anytime is a good time to start a course of therapy.
    I did 2 almost 2 years and now I feel like I don’t really have many problems to deal with at all! Even when something really bad happens my new coping mechanisms kick in and I’m much more able to deal with life’s rotten apples.

Go private if feasible. It’s much more efficient and effective in my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    New Audi Demonstrator
    2018 MINI Cooper Clubman Chili