Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Backroads Strava club

That's an impressive weekly chunk AG! Any particular goal you are looking at that this would feed into or just setting yourself a progress check?

I am aiming for about the same distance, with elevation, while I'm away - I know it's going to hurt and then hurt some more

Just trying to shift 2kg body weight that won't budge - don't want to do any running this week as I strained a calf muscle. Weather conditions will probably scupper my plans but I will give it a go anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfaguy View Post
    I am aiming to do 420 miles this week with one ride being 100 miles +

Got off to a bad start today - had to cut short my planned 60 mile cycle over bad weather.
    Didn't quite make it this week - it was generally dry but there was a of a wind all week and cold for cycling. Achieved a milestone though - my first 100 mile cycle. Average speeds remain depressingly low - I am blaming it on the weather and all the gear I have to wear to keep the cold at bay.
    Bikes acted up too - my carbon fibre Trek has developed chronic gear change problems and I had a puncture too(rear naturally). My aluminium Trek - on which I done the 100 miles has loose rear wheel cones but is a much better bike for steep hills (gearing is lower)

Still not wishing to sound too smug or anything I emerged as top dog for the week on the Backroads Strava club leaderboard. Being Numero Uno I must admit leaves a certain warm comfortable feeling - even if we only currently have 11 members.

So don't take it too bad fellow members - I know you tried your best - I mean this ism't addictive or anything - is it?

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...ing-addict-app

Nice one. The century mark certain is a defining threshold. Any plans to push on and make the century a regular feature? Classic Sportive distance means you'll get a few shots at it this year if tempted.

Depends how you rank the table AG!

Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Depends how you rank the table AG!
    I rank the table by people called Lenny. I always win.

Was it just me but a recent update to Android has resulted in a fantastic new Strava interface!!!

I had to force update as had notifications turned off...

prob just me though!

Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    Was it just me but a recent update to Android has resulted in a fantastic new Strava interface!!!

I had to force update as had notifications turned off...

prob just me though!
    Strava app update. Oh so glossy and blingy!

H
    The noisy one in the corner.

I started using strava today. It's a good job like some other exercise apps I've used. The friendly competition nature of it is a good perk.

Now there's something you won't see very often... 'nuff said

Strava_Screen_Grab.jpg

H
    The noisy one in the corner.