Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ball Bearings

Ball Bearings

My wife wants to buy a bag of ball bearings. Where would one acquire the likes of those?
    Sent from my Computer using a fcuking keyboard

Is she going out with the catapult again

Large steel balls from CV joints. You wouldn't have to ask here more than once to get some. As a hint, inner cv's on fwd often include the sliding element of the half shaft so the balls are un-caged and come out easier.

Small ball bearings (2-4mm diameter) you may get from a bike shop as they were common on steerer bearings and cone type wheel bearings.

Failing both of these, there is Dicksons in Bluebell

H
    The noisy one in the corner.

She wants to use a load of ball bearings in a fabric bag, as a weight. Or in a sock as a weapon. Or something. I probably should have paid attention! Ones in CV joints sound ideal. Might have to book lunch for two in the Farm House Cafe soon!

I might have some scrap cv joints in work.(new). The ball bearings are probably 15mm or so in diameter. I'm not back in work 'till wednesday, but I can have a look then.

Try E.fox engineering in Baldonnel, they've got all sorts in there.
    THE LIMITS OF TYRANTS ARE PRESCRIBED BY THE ENDURANCE OF THOSE WHOM THEY OPPRESS.

slingshot ammo something along the lines of this http://activehuntingireland.ie/slingshot-ammo.html

Search the Golden Pages for Bearings. Any bearing distributor will have them, in various sizes.

Nothing helpful to add, except I'm reminded of the classic crossword clue - 'ball bearing mouse trap, 6 letters'
    'It's a big enough umbrella, but it's always me that ends up getting wet'

Quote Originally Posted by DubhOg View Post
    Nothing helpful to add, except I'm reminded of the classic crossword clue - 'ball bearing mouse trap, 6 letters'
    LOL, thats a good one!