Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Cash (Otherwise known as Safety) Cameras Spotted.

Quote Originally Posted by Type17 View Post
    …or their next of kin
    Very true!
    Beware of imitations; there's another lawyer out there calling himself "Lucanlaw!" So the writing on the wall may be a forgery!

Quote Originally Posted by mick View Post
    ..seemingly the cops are back with their bizarre stationary motorway checkpoints. Be careful not to leave yourself unsighted behind HGVs or whatever..
    Where was that Mick?

I saw a GoSafe van on Fri on the motorway around Kildare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M9 today. Full on divisional strength ambush!
    Beware of imitations; there's another lawyer out there calling himself "Lucanlaw!" So the writing on the wall may be a forgery!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingers View Post
    Where was that Mick?

I saw a GoSafe van on Fri on the motorway around Kildare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought it was Garda only on the motorways, and GoSafe were not allowed operate on the motorways?

I definitely seen a Go Safe van southbound on the M1 just past Lusk service station month or so ago heading towards Dublin.

Go-safe are on the M9 roadworks from time to time.
    There was one traveling on it at 9:20 last Friday, north bound, breaking the 80klm limit.
    "How do I know?" I hear you ask.
    Because I was pegged to the limit via GPS and cruise at 80 and the Go-safe van was pulling away.
    I would estimate it was doing about 85-90 so probably indicating 90+ on the speedo.
    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command.

Very often that individual is crazy.

Folks do not speed on the M6 motorway between Galway and the Ballinasloe east exit, especially on a Sunday.

It's always a hotspot for enforcement but on Sundays it gets particularly heavy. I came down from Belfast yesterday and spotted a patrol car hidden on the bridge at Ballinasloe east, got passed by a marked X5 doing 150km/h+ and later, seperately two unmarked i40s.

There are an awful lot of spots on that stretch to hide vehicles, in particular the emergency access gateways. Going west, watch out at Ballinasloe east, then the long left hander around Aughrim before the toll (on both sides), Loughrea onramp (here very frequently), an access road about 4km after Loughrea, at the M18 junction under the bridges, after the M18 junction before the next bridge, after that bridge behind a long section of soundproof fence, at the Oranmore onramp and at the last roundabout. Going east it's much the same but watch for a bike at an access road on the Aughrim right hander before the bridge that carries the 'old road'.
    2003 BMW 325i Sport Touring (E46)
    1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
    2018 Volvo V40 D2 R-Design
    2005 Adria Coral 630DH

In a similar Sunday morning fish-in-a-barrel vein, a marked car parked on the southbound entry ramp of J3,M9 (Athy, Baltinglass, Ballitore) yesterday, around 9:15am, only visible in the mirror after you've gone through.
    Last edited by Type17; 02-12-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Golly gee, Shane Ross. Motorways are such dangerous places on a Sunday morning! Let's put all our resources there. To hell with the back roads of rural Ireland in the wee hours. Shure you'll only catch young fellas there.

I don't know if you guys know, but they have indicated the stretches where cameras will be used here: https://www.garda.ie/gosafe.html. From what I know from my local area, that seems to be correct. Some motorway stretches are on that map like parts of the M50 and no doubt beyond. It's supposedly based on accident statistics.
    I'm with the resistance