Search Facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Facility

Is this turned off as I can never find anything - its always says no records to everything. Was trying to find my "Big Rigs Trucks and Jeeps" thread.

The BR posse posted some comment in the other "Issues" thread recently about the Search function and work having to be done on it. You'll find it if you check that thread.

In the meantime this is your Big Rigs thread;
    http://www.backroads.ie/forum/car-re...s-trucks-jeeps

Comment

By the way, until we get the search to work (which still doesn't work), I can recommend the "site:" option in google like the below:

Big Rigs site:backroads.ie

That will return good results. It looks like VB5 has failed to defeat Google.
      I'm with the resistance

Comment

It should definitely be able to find the thread in question. I've kicked off another rebuild of the search index but it doesn't seem to be the greatest search engine putting it mildly.

Comment

it seems to find your thread now AG but it ignores the Big and only searches for Rigs - I surmise that is due to the minimum search term length being 4 characters and not 3.
          Which isn't much use as you can't search for e39 or other cars that BMW used to produce.
          Will see about changing that.

Comment

I did a test search just now and it seems to be working a lot better, so thanks for sorting that out.
            I'm with the resistance

Comment

That Google search trick works a treat - found my TR6 thread no problem. Thanks DMZ.

Originally posted by DMZ View Post
              By the way, until we get the search to work (which still doesn't work), I can recommend the "site:" option in google like the below:

Big Rigs site:backroads.ie

That will return good results. It looks like VB5 has failed to defeat Google.

Comment

Working...
              X