No announcement yet.

Upgraded site - report issues here, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am experiencing an issue where when I first enter the homepage, the font is completely different, and it doesn't seem to recognise that i'm logged in, but if I click on any of the forums, it goes back to normal. Anyone else seeing that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Conorw89 View Post
      I am experiencing an issue where when I first enter the homepage, the font is completely different, and it doesn't seem to recognise that i'm logged in, but if I click on any of the forums, it goes back to normal. Anyone else seeing that?
      Yup, I just got the same thing. Clearing cache and cookies in my browser sorted it for me.
      If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think you're technical, go crude. I'm a very technical boy.

Comment

• Just FYI, I have spent a bit of time on the issue with the garbled posts and so far no joy. I think it was a conversion issue that somehow affected some posts. The content is actually there, it just doesn't display correctly despite looking correct in the source. At least nothing is gone so I would expect there is a solution for it but so far... no joy. But not giving up yet!

Comment

• appreciated effort! Thanks

Comment

• OK, I've figured out a workaround. Before that, I did unfortunately manage to permanently screw up Boris's post linked above which I'm really really really sorry about. I didn't expect vBulletin to be this flipping braindead but there you go.

I don't know if we can realistically automate this but here's how you repair your own post. I tried it on one of Smokey's posts and it works (http://www.backroads.ie/forum/car-re...558#post689558 after the fact).

If you want to recover a post that is not showing up correctly, you do like this:

1. Press the "quote" button at the bottom of the post so you get a new reply with the quoted content. You will then see the original content.
            2. Copy the content between the "quote" statements. You will put it into the original post in step 6.
            3. Cancel the new post
            4. Go back to the original post and click "Edit".
            5. Delete the original content
            6. Paste in the quoted content you copied in step 2. Obviously make sure you don't have the QUOTE markers in the new post.
            7. Click Save.
            8. The post should now be correct.

What I did with Boris's post was I tried to see if it was sufficient just edit and save the post without doing all those steps but vBulletin basically overwrote the original content with the bad content. I just couldn't believe it. So don't do that...

Comment

• Done!!!! and it works perfectly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cold View Post
                I did unfortunately manage to permanently screw up Boris's post linked above which I'm really really really sorry about. I didn't expect vBulletin to be this flipping braindead but there you go.
                No worries these thing happen.

https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

• Since we do have the data there, I will take a look at whether these problematic posts can be identified and reinstated. My time is a bit limited currently.
                  For Boris post, as I think its very old, should be able to get it from a backup.

Comment

• Actually speaking of back up I, you reminded me I wrote that post in word file before posting so I have most of it.
                    https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X