No announcement yet.

Upgraded site - report issues here, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if it was reported before but i can stay logged in, once i close page i have to log in again even when i tick 'remember me' any solution for that ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcinek_55 View Post
      Not sure if it was reported before but i can stay logged in, once i close page i have to log in again even when i tick 'remember me' any solution for that ?
      Have you cleared out your cache and cookies in your browser?
      If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think you're technical, go crude. I'm a very technical boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by cianha View Post

Have you cleared out your cache and cookies in your browser?
        I did, have new phone so start from zero. Was the same on old phone and is same on new one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcinek_55 View Post
          Not sure if it was reported before but i can stay logged in, once i close page i have to log in again even when i tick 'remember me' any solution for that ?
          Avoid going to the main Homepage when you first open the site.

Go to any other page *but* the homepage.

e.g. go to http://www.backroads.ie/forum/car-related/r-roads

and not http://www.backroads.ie/

You can then navigate the site however you usually do.

That'll eradicate the issue for you in the interim.

Comment

• Originally posted by foyler View Post

Who fcuking cares....

👀👀👀
            I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

• Just a little thing I noticed. If you are in a sub forum and click on a thread it will bring you to first un read post. However if you click on a thread title from the main page it will bring you to the very last post.
              https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cold View Post
                If you guys can link to some of the missing content, we'll have another look at it. If I remember, we concluded in some cases that there is something about the content that messes up something in the template and this is why the posts are not shown.
                Hey, was there ever a solution found to this? Missing content from threads? I directed someone recently to my Evo thread and its still missing a fair amount of content. Can it be recovered etc?

http://www.backroads.ie/forum/car-re...evolution-1-rs

Comment

• Guessing this is the same as what miller is talking about but I've been trying to research something via the forum recently and getting a huge amount of blank posts, quite annoying

Screenshot 2022-05-24 163211.png
                  The collection:
                  2017 BMW F80 M3 - The Daily
                  1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS - The Garage Queen
                  1999 Mazda MX-5 Supercharged - The Track Slag
                  2003 Vauxhall VX220 Supercharged - The Lightweight
                  1991 VW Golf 1.8 GTI 8v - Title TBC

Comment

• I have noticed this problem too... very annoying as it's sometimes the comment I was looking for

Comment

• I've noticed that also - usually after searching for something from the past on the site and then opening it.

Comment

• Can you you post in links to a specific example, please? I looked in Miller’s thread and couldn’t see any blanks as an example. But I’m not sure we can fix it. I’m guessing it was a glitch with the migration and fixing that now will not be feasible. Unfortunately. I do know that having the historical record is important. But we can look into a couple of examples in case it’s a fixable glitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cold View Post
                          Can you you post in links to a specific example, please? I looked in Miller’s thread and couldn’t see any blanks as an example. But I’m not sure we can fix it. I’m guessing it was a glitch with the migration and fixing that now will not be feasible. Unfortunately. I do know that having the historical record is important. But we can look into a couple of examples in case it’s a fixable glitch.
                          That thread of mine now appears complete while viewing it through Tapatalk. Whichever switch you flicked may just have worked!!! Cheers

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Here is an example. There's loads of text missing from the opening post.

http://www.backroads.ie/forum/car-re...-and-got-there
                            https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

• Originally posted by miller View Post
                              That thread of mine now appears complete while viewing it through Tapatalk. Whichever switch you flicked may just have worked!!! Cheers

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk
                              Looking at it on the PC now this morning its reverted back to missing posts! Is there another switch to flick on to change it for PC options?

Comment

• Based on the link Boris provided, it's a problem with the display templates. The content is there but it looks like it's being covered by the images. I'm guessing those image heavy posts cause some problems with the HTML. Fun. I will have a look at it at some stage over the next week.

This is why it works via Tapatalk as it loads the content in a different way.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X