Upgraded site - report issues here, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
    Is it only admin that can see who “likes” a post?
    Who fcuking cares....

Comment

• I've made a slight update to Cool Blue. If you click on the title it will now go to the first unread if there is such a post, otherwise it will go to the first post. It should really go to the last post if nothing unread but at the time of writing I can't get this to work in that template for some reason. It has a different logic to to Denim default template where this works as it should. It's a small improvement anyhow.
      I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Originally posted by miller View Post
        Its proving quite clunky and unwieldly compared to previous version. Ive tried to live with it for a few weeks, but its just not growing on me.

Is there a setting for full width on PC screen, currently it just looks small and third rate!

My previous question about missing posts wasn't answered, has this been resolved?
        I just came to this thread to say the same.... just not feeling it... I get quickly dismayed not seeing what Im looking for and leave....

What are the analytics on user usage since the upgrade?? numbers and time sent up or down... its down for me by some amount....

Comment

• We had no choice but to upgrade, by the way. We were running unsupported software and couldn't move to another server with more capacity, which we were clearly running out of. I can't say I'm noticing differences that are big enough to turn me off the place but each to their own of course. Some good, some not so good, such is life.
          I'm with the resistance

Comment

• There’s a lot been “lost in translation”, I’ve been looking for the most recent threads on stolen catalytic converters and cannot find them via the search option, any ideas??
            ElDel, “I ask this purely out curiosity DMZ, but did your lack of interest in the generic come from your ownership experience of the Golf R?”

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
              We had no choice but to upgrade, by the way. We were running unsupported software and couldn't move to another server with more capacity, which we were clearly running out of. I can't say I'm noticing differences that are big enough to turn me off the place but each to their own of course. Some good, some not so good, such is life.
              no need to be so defensive... My criticism was meant to be constructive.... if users are finding it difficult most will just sod off and not tell you..... I'm just telling you how it is to me.... I'm 25 years in IT this year and I fully understand where you guys are with regard the need for performance and upgrading is the only option.... but many a software product has failed after a re-design and where product managers refused to accept that users didn't gel with it..... It would be a shame if the numbers dropped because of the end user experience.... End user experience is what matters.... I'm here since EOB was a lad.... Id like to see it keep growing as it was...... but hey it aint my gig.

And of course it could just be me thats having an issue........ but a quick look up suggests not.
              Last edited by -MICK-; 28-07-2021, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Anyone been on Boards recently now that is a shite show!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eoin View Post
                  Anyone been on Boards recently now that is a shite show!
                  The new update for boards is without a doubt the final nail in the coffin for that site. Motors, previously one of the busiest forums on the site, has been utterly dead for weeks now.
                  There's no light, There's only fire!

Comment

• I am having trouble getting to the site. When I do I have to log in twice before the site recognise me. I get no error message after the first log in but it still shows me as not logged in. When I repeat the steps then I am logged in.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeusExMachina View Post
                      I am having trouble getting to the site. When I do I have to log in twice before the site recognise me. I get no error message after the first log in but it still shows me as not logged in. When I repeat the steps then I am logged in.
                      I can replicate that issue with some browsers (Vivaldi as one example). If you have privacy settings set anywhere higher than a 'middling' setting it'll do just as you describe. Stepping down the privacy settings on the browser eliminates the issue. Or just log in twice, as you say.

Comment

• How do I change the font??
                        "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
                        "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• I can't find my Newbie Alfaholic thread - apologies for the senior moment
                          2005 Alfa 166 2.0TS Grigio Geo - Daily Driver
                          2003 Alfa 156 1.8TS Sportwagon Blu Cosmo
                          2001 Alfa 166 3.0 Proteo Rosso - The Beast - resting for now
                          2000 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Auto Verde Argo - the Baby
                          1999 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Grigio Nettuno - Track Car
                          1984 Alfasud 1.5 Gold Cloverleaf Florentine Copper - the other Baby

Comment

• Originally posted by Roarsbaby View Post
                            I can't find my Newbie Alfaholic thread - apologies for the senior moment
                            Probably gone.

Similar to one of my threads, it's missing half it's context.

Asked about it previously but no response so I guess that's that....

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Roarsbaby View Post
                              I can't find my Newbie Alfaholic thread - apologies for the senior moment
                              ​​​​​​Is this it? It turned up with a search.

http://www.backroads.ie/forum/car-re...wbie-alfaholic

Comment

• Originally posted by deltona View Post

​​​​​​Is this it? It turned up with a search.

http://www.backroads.ie/forum/car-re...wbie-alfaholic
                                Spot on Deltona thanks. I tried the search function a few times and had no joy.
                                Thread updated now
                                2005 Alfa 166 2.0TS Grigio Geo - Daily Driver
                                2003 Alfa 156 1.8TS Sportwagon Blu Cosmo
                                2001 Alfa 166 3.0 Proteo Rosso - The Beast - resting for now
                                2000 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Auto Verde Argo - the Baby
                                1999 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Grigio Nettuno - Track Car
                                1984 Alfasud 1.5 Gold Cloverleaf Florentine Copper - the other Baby

Comment

Working...
                                X