No announcement yet.

Upgraded site - report issues here, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's interesting to see the different reactions.

Have to say it's working for me. Much quicker to load.

Functionally for me there's bugger all difference, thankfully. I look at the listing in Today's Posts, see if a thread title catches my eye, or if a thread looks busy and quite active - and those are the ones I open to read. Navigation is now much the same as it was before, and the new font and layout is actually more pleasing to my eye.

I'm mostly on phone or tablet and it's much, much better than the older VB setup.

I might play around with the site at some point in the coming days with different user agent strings and see if it varies much across devices and display sizes, as I'm puzzled by Mick's comments on "having to root around" and "not an engaging UI" and not being able to find/see posts he's interested in.
    I'm wondering if the responsive page is working differently on certain screen sizes and devices, as I think at least 3 of the users with negative experiences above are using iPhones.

Comment

• I think we have already discussed the issue with clicking on the thread title not bringing you to the next unread so this will be fixed very soon. I think I will find the required hour or two to figure this out in the next few days.

I think we will simply load a few more templates and people can pick what they want. There are some basic standard ones if people prefer a less styled look.

Another thing is that there are widgets like trending/last posts type of stuff that we can enable that will give a more visual sense of what’s going on. We can turn them on and see if they improve things.

Comment

• Thanks Deltona, you have been a great help on this. Yup DMZ and myself have not had much time at all since the upgrade to look at snags which is why I've been looking on this thread to make sure that we address the right things first.
        One thing that the new site enables is to enable https, have the cert so just need to get it setup now.

Comment

• Originally posted by philb View Post

I'm sure we can solve most of these issues, but would benefit from knowing exactly what we need to sort regarding "seeing posts that you are interested in".
          The font seems to be an issue also - again, these things can be changed - as you know.
          I guess it is what you already know... just not seeing the threads I'm subscribed to quickly enough and then having to scroll back to where I was last..... aint nobody got time for that .... A bit of ADHD here... Oh Look Rabbit...

Anyway we have just released 6.0 of our code so off I go to another new UI.......

Comment

• Originally posted by deltona View Post
            It's interesting to see the different reactions.

Have to say it's working for me. Much quicker to load.

Functionally for me there's bugger all difference, thankfully. I look at the listing in Today's Posts, see if a thread title catches my eye, or if a thread looks busy and quite active - and those are the ones I open to read. Navigation is now much the same as it was before, and the new font and layout is actually more pleasing to my eye.

I'm mostly on phone or tablet and it's much, much better than the older VB setup.

I might play around with the site at some point in the coming days with different user agent strings and see if it varies much across devices and display sizes, as I'm puzzled by Mick's comments on "having to root around" and "not an engaging UI" and not being able to find/see posts he's interested in.
            I'm wondering if the responsive page is working differently on certain screen sizes and devices, as I think at least 3 of the users with negative experiences above are using iPhones.
            I'm on my PC most of this week... and yes the speed of page load etc is excellent..... It really is just the seeing what I want to see is a speedy fashion... I might pop in and out during the day..... not seeing or landing in the thread where I left off etc so I jump back out.....

Comment

• Finally some changes, the speed is excellent, everything loads super quick and images appear straight away. Good job guys ! If I may suggest something... I am missing page selection when I'm clicking on threads. As far as I remember I was able to enter last page of DoneDeal thread straight away from R-Roads. Now I have to click on DoneDeal thread, find page selection and choose the last page to enter. It's a small thing but It was handy

Facebook SHARE and Twitter Tweet icons below the avatar could be easily drop IMO. There will be no use for that.
              Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

• OK...

I have fixed the page title so that it's going to the first new post, if there is one. If not, it goes to the first post. Maybe should go to the last post in that case?

I also added the trending widget. I suggest we keep it there for a couple of days and see if it does anything for you guys. If you're on a mobile it's at the bottom of the screen on the home page, otherwise to the right.

I've also added a new template "Cool Blue" that you can select in the bottom left of the site. It's not fully implemented yet, eg the page title fix isn't in that template and there's a slight colour mismatch with the logo but before I go mucking around with that template, please let me know if you like it and we'll maintain it as well as the "Denim" template that is the current default.

Comment

• Sorry for the yo-yoing. I have now fixed the thread title so that it's going to either first new post if there is one or the last post if there is no new post. Let's try that for a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike205 View Post
                    Finally some changes, the speed is excellent, everything loads super quick and images appear straight away. Good job guys ! If I may suggest something... I am missing page selection when I'm clicking on threads. As far as I remember I was able to enter last page of DoneDeal thread straight away from R-Roads. Now I have to click on DoneDeal thread, find page selection and choose the last page to enter. It's a small thing but It was handy

Facebook SHARE and Twitter Tweet icons below the avatar could be easily drop IMO. There will be no use for that.
                    With the old and the new site to go to the last post on a thread all you have to do is click the blue arrow icon beside the name of the last poster
                    Hover over it and it shows this - see pic below

Last edited by Gn3dr; 16-06-2021, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• I like the cool blue font!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eoin View Post
                        I like the cool blue font!
                        I don't - text size is much smaller and background is too white / bright

Comment

• I'd agree. The default font on Denim is very readable. The font with Cool Blue is too slight and slows down reading.

Comment

• Denim is best of the two I think but is there anything to be said about a dark mode
                            Comic Sans, the choice of the professional.

Comment

• The smileys are in bits, also is there a better emoji pack available for the new forum?

Comment

• Originally posted by zero86r View Post
                                Denim is best of the two I think but is there anything to be said about a dark mode
                                Go to your Profile page and click on 'Customise My Settings'.

You can then play around and tweak things to your own preference.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X