Upgraded site - report issues here, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded site - report issues here, please

Hey, we've put the new AWS-based site into the land of the living. This is running latest and greatest vBulletin.

We still have a couple of things to sort out like Tapatalk and I'm sure you're missing the advertising as well.

The avatar migration didn't work brilliantly so you may need to fix that on your profile.

Enjoy and please let us know what doesn't work as I'm sure we didn't catch everything.

Credit to all involved behind the scenes in keeping the BR beast fed, watered, and housed. We all owe the team a debt of gratitude.

Comment

Query;

Is there a method to find or create a working URL which will only return the latest posts (e.g. in the last 24 hours, or last week, for example)?

I had a bookmark/shortcut since the inception of BR which I used to visit the site which just showed me threads and posts from the last 24 hours.
      It'd be good if there was a way to create a new shortcut on the new VBulletin site too.

EDIT;
      This might do it, sharing if it's of benefit to others;

www.backroads.ie/search?searchJSON=%7B"date"%3A"lastVisit"%2C"chann el"%3A%5B%5D%2C"sort"%3A%7B"lastcontent"%3A"desc "% 7D%2C"view"%3A"topic"%2C"exclude_type"%3A%5B"vBFor um_PrivateMessage"%5D%7D&btnSubmit=

It'll return new posts and new threads since your last logged visit. I'll see how it works over the coming days.
      ​​
      EDIT;
      This returns posts and threads from the last 24 hours;
      http://www.backroads.ie/search?searc...ssage%22%5D%7D
      Last edited by deltona; 08-06-2021, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Was that a menu option on the previous site? We can look at adding something like it.

I note that the home page template is slightly off, will fix that. Also no way to turn off the mobile template when on a mobile device, will have a look at that also.

Comment

Thanks Admin for all the work.
          Deadly Dave

Comment

yeah the new posts seems missing by default, there is a powerful search engine in there, its a case of linking it in. I'm sure we're not the first to hit this issue.
            tapatalk is not playing ball yet, will get it sorted over next few days.

Comment

Is it possible to add an unread posts tab by any chance? I found that very handy

Comment

Doesn't "Latest Activity" do this? It looks like it's configurable as well and with a bit of luck it remembers the configuration.

Comment

Need site looks very unfamiliar. I hope we don't lose members because of it. It seems very unwieldy or am I being too critical?

Comment

Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                    Was that a menu option on the previous site? We can look at adding something like it.
                    Yeah I'd taken the URL from one of the buttons and saved it as a shortcut/bookmark. It wasn't New Posts, there was some other name on the button. I think it was 'Today's Posts' - I remember one of the tags in the search string was "get_daily".

It was handy because you could see what was posted and updated in the last 24 hour period.
                    The issue with stuff like New Posts and now "Latest Activity" is that it presumes you've read everything at your last visit, and so when you return on your next visit you'll only see a few (or less) threads - the ones which were updated.
                    Currently if you use Latest Activity or New Topics you've to navigate menus to activate the filters. Which for me I'm very unlikely to do as I usually hop in and out frequently, but usually only for 10-20 seconds at a time. I wouldn't be inclined to navigate the filter boxes so will miss most new or updated content when visiting. If somebody can suggest the tags or strings to use to automate the process I'm all for it!

Buttons like 'Last Page' are also a huge advantage, as they make navigating threads much easier and snappier.
                    Last edited by deltona; 08-06-2021, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Is it possible to up the thread count per page. It seems to half what it previously was.
                      https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

no option to click on the page count but instead having to enter every thread at the start... 90% of my backroading is done from my phone.... really struggling with navigating from there....

Comment

Originally posted by richardsheil View Post
                          Need site looks very unfamiliar. I hope we don't lose members because of it. It seems very unwieldy or am I being too critical?
                          I doubt that we will. its a bit of a new look but its still got the same forums, threads and posts. If you can say what specifically is unwieldy that will help. Obviously theres a few issues listed already to be sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by -MICK- View Post
                            no option to click on the page count but instead having to enter every thread at the start... 90% of my backroading is done from my phone.... really struggling with navigating from there....
                            when you are looking at the thread list, there's a blue button just after the information about the most recent post. it will take you directly to the most recent post.

Comment

Originally posted by -MICK- View Post
                              All you can do for now is click on the tiny wee arrow beside Last Post underneath the Thread title, and then scroll back up to where you last read. It is tiny though, and not suitable for use on mobile.
                              There are options and menus within the threads to just show you the Latest Activity, but navigating the site through menus and toggling criteria in them just to read a few posts means you spend longer navigating than reading. Which won't work long-term for many people I expect...

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X