Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel shortages

https://www.reuters.com/markets/comm...rd-2022-05-10/

Watch this space. US food deliveries depend on diesel. Stock down to one day or something like that.

May you live in int.. never mind.
    sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

I predict a resurgence of interest in biofuel, both in the US and Europe.
    https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

I predict a riot....
      Don't bother with Eco, it's not very nice, leave it in normal & drive it like you just stole it.

Comment

Dieseasel is dead
        I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
          Dieseasel is dead
          Not in HGVs and not for a very long time despite all the talk of electrification or hydrogen.

No-one cares about Passat TDI drivers, but food not getting to your local Aldi/Tesco is another thing.

Comment

I'd like to go back in time to meet the guy who said, 'may you live in interesting times' and punch him in the face!
            23 years in business and I seem to have rolled from one 'interesting' time - Foot & Mouth , remember that, to another, with maybe 2 years of predictable stability in all that time.

Comment

Originally posted by foyler View Post
              I'd like to go back in time to meet the guy who said, 'may you live in interesting times' and punch him in the face!
              23 years in business and I seem to have rolled from one 'interesting' time - Foot & Mouth , remember that, to another, with maybe 2 years of predictable stability in all that time.
              Very ture - couldn't have put it better myself and have a pain in the b01***$ with it all this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by crank_case View Post
                I predict a resurgence of interest in biofuel, both in the US and Europe.
                I did my undergrad thesis (Business Studies) on biodiesel's viability here, back in the late 80s.
                2005 Alfa 166 2.0TS Grigio Geo - Daily Driver
                2001 Alfa 166 3.0 Proteo Rosso - The Beast - resting for now
                2000 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Auto Verde Argo - the Baby
                1999 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Grigio Nettuno - Track Car
                1984 Alfasud 1.5 Gold Cloverleaf Florentine Copper - the other Baby

Comment

Originally posted by crank_case View Post
                  No-one cares about Passat TDI drivers
                  Eh, I do

700kg of battery gets you two hours down the road, but diesel makes the economy go around.

Comment

Originally posted by Roarsbaby View Post

I did my undergrad thesis (Business Studies) on biodiesel's viability here, back in the late 80s.
                    Emissions multiple times more carcinogenic than regular Diesel, or is that a myth?

Comment

Originally posted by dimitri View Post

Eh, I do

700kg of battery gets you two hours down the road, but diesel makes the economy go around.
                      Like I said, no-one cares about your two hour commute..

Like with any previous wartime, private cars had to make do, in WW1 and 2 cars had to run on wood gas. It's always agri and freight that get priority.

Comment

Originally posted by foyler View Post
                        Imagine if you lived in a place with actual problems and not out in the Atlantic shielded from practically everything and corporate tax off iPhones is paying for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by prpr View Post

Emissions multiple times more carcinogenic than regular Diesel, or is that a myth?
                          Great question, wasn't on the radar to the same extent at all back in the late 80's
                          Quick Google search brought this:
                          https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...-oil/index.htm
                          My understanding was that pure cooking oil was the one to be avoided
                          2005 Alfa 166 2.0TS Grigio Geo - Daily Driver
                          2001 Alfa 166 3.0 Proteo Rosso - The Beast - resting for now
                          2000 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Auto Verde Argo - the Baby
                          1999 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Grigio Nettuno - Track Car
                          1984 Alfasud 1.5 Gold Cloverleaf Florentine Copper - the other Baby

Comment

I've always wondered if biodiesel solves the "carcinogenic" problem. I guess particles are particles at the end of the day so no or maybe even worse with biodiesel?

Comment

Originally posted by Cold View Post

Imagine if you lived in a place with actual problems and not out in the Atlantic shielded from practically everything and corporate tax off iPhones is paying for everything.
                              Yeah yeah you already used that line when you were over in March & I was stressing about the Season, I guess they'll have to be filed away with MIng's FWP's.
                              And don't worry I'm well aware I'm a privileged mofo mostly!

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X