M3 driver nabbed for no motor tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conorw89 View Post

Would your insurance not be null and void driving around in a car declared off the road?
    No, why would it be? It would be null and void if I changed my insurance to a laid up policy.

Comment

Originally posted by kdevitt View Post

No, why would it be? It would be null and void if I changed my insurance to a laid up policy.
      I dunno, seems like a nice gotcha for an insurance company to claim you shouldn't have been driving the car. I don't get why people do all this :D:D:D:D anyway, don't buy a car you're not willing to tax. I don't particularly want to give half my salary to the government either, rules are rules.

Comment

I dunno, seems like a nice gotcha for an insurance company to claim you shouldn't have been driving the car. I don't get why people do all this anyway, don't buy a car you're not willing to tax. I don't particularly want to give half my salary to the government either, rules are rules.
        That's fine if your happy to live in a country that punishes you for having nice things.

If you can get away with it, it's a victimless crime
        ​​​​​
        driving the car with no nct will have you on your own in a claim alright but no tax or declared off the road is an issue with revenue, not the insurance once you've a policy that covers you. They might argue it but any solicitor worth his salt will prove them wrong if they're being stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveM-Sport View Post
          If you can get away with it, it's a victimless crime .
          I suppose you have the same opinion on tax evasion in general? I think that's a load of nonsense.

Comment

I dunno, seems like a nice gotcha for an insurance company to claim you shouldn't have been driving the car. I don't get why people do all this anyway, don't buy a car you're not willing to tax. I don't particularly want to give half my salary to the government either, rules are rules.

Are you not contradicting yourself against your previous comments that having standard insurance when delivering pizzas is okay?

Comment

Originally posted by wrcs9 View Post

Are you not contradicting yourself against your previous comments that having standard insurance when delivering pizzas is okay?
              It's nice of you to follow me around the forum trying to highlight my shortcomings, I'm not sure I ever said it was ok, just that the Gardai would surely have better things to do than apprehend college students working as part time fast food drivers. I certainly wasn't even aware that you need a specific type of insurance for that(12 years ago as a 19/20 year old), I certainly wasn't informed of it by my employer at the time. Well done though, you've really caught me out!

Equating tax evasion to unknowingly having the wrong type of insurance is a nice bit of whataboutery.

Comment

It's nice of you to follow me around the forum trying to highlight my shortcomings, I'm not sure I ever said it was ok, just that the Gardai would surely have better things to do than apprehend college students working as part time fast food drivers. I certainly wasn't even aware that you need a specific type of insurance for that(12 years ago as a 19/20 year old), I certainly wasn't informed of it by my employer at the time. Well done though, you've really caught me out!

Equating tax evasion to unknowingly having the wrong type of insurance is a nice bit of whataboutery.
                Not sure why you would think i am following you around, there are only a handful of users on here, you replied to my comment in the other thread in what I thought was an odd way of passively making little of my advice to another poster on having correct insurance, when I read your argument with the other posters above it reminded me of your last contribution

Comment

I suppose you have the same opinion on tax evasion in general? I think that's a load of nonsense.
                  Thats a bit of a sweeping assumption to make from one comment.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X