Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3 driver nabbed for no motor tax

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/sta...60541489524736

Naas Roads Policing impounded this car on the R409 in Caragh earlier after a check on the Mobility Device revealed that car had not been taxed for 2318 days Proceedings commenced
    That's 6 years and 4 months!

Attached Files

I assume he was going to the drift masters event, hes an idiot if so as the area around Mondello is always swarming with cops when events like that are on

Comment

10-12k in back tax if it’s all under his tenure as owner. That’s enough to get your name published in the tax defaulters list.

Comment

So it took six years to catch him?

Comment

Perhaps future computer science breakthroughs will help to cut that database lookup time for untaxed cars to mere months.

Comment

Was it declared off the road for any of that time, cos they may have just been unlucky and had it out for an Italian tune....
            I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

Fair play to him. We get nothing in return for our ridiculous motor tax. It’s not like we have the alternative Of regular and punctual public transport.
              Poor punctuation and spelling via iPhone keyboard & odd words here and there via autocorrect

Comment

I'm nearly certain that was for sale a few weeks ago. If the current owner just bought it they shouldn't be liable for any arrears.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Comment

Got done in Naas myself at the weekend. Tax out since Oct. I'd expected to change cars in Jan and decided to risk 2 months. Then forgot about it and here we are (a wee fine, not a flatbed).

It would be a slightly less credible story for this poor unfortunate!
                  Sent from my Computer using a fcuking keyboard

Comment

Arrears to when it was lasted taxed by somebody on mine was 14800 the first time I taxed it a few years ago
                    ​​
                    Last edited by DaveM-Sport; 10-05-2022, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JPW View Post
                      Got done in Naas myself at the weekend. Tax out since Oct. I'd expected to change cars in Jan and decided to risk 2 months. Then forgot about it and here we are (a wee fine, not a flatbed).

It would be a slightly less credible story for this poor unfortunate!
                      I reckon you did well to get let off with fine; Guard must have been having a good day!
                      There's no light, There's only fire!

Comment

It’s normal enough just go in and get it flatbedded out of the Garda station and decide to “sell it” tax for 3 months and then go on the dodge again. It’s clearly worth it. People wouldn’t bother if the bill tax was actually any bit reasonable on stuff like that. Many a supra was converted to a van back in the day because of it.

Comment

I thought you needed to pay the fine and the tax before it’s released? But if you can avoid paying the tax then sure just keep trucking for another six years or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold View Post
                            I thought you needed to pay the fine and the tax before it’s released? But if you can avoid paying the tax then sure just keep trucking for another six years or whatever.
                            No, only just the fine and impound fee if you take it out if the compound with a recovery truck, jeep and trailer etc.

​Got mine siezed a couple of years ago after the winter when took it for a short run before the nct the following week. As tax was out since previous summer and nct out a few weeks, they took it which was fair enough.

Paid the fine the next morning and took it home with the Defender and transporter.

Considering we get feckall for our taxes these days and roads are in absolute shite, it's almost worth rolling the dice really for cars that are only occasionally driven to he honest given a impound fee plus fine is still less than the price of tax per month on the highest co2 tax band

Comment

Originally posted by AMGE34 View Post
                              I'm nearly certain that was for sale a few weeks ago. If the current owner just bought it they shouldn't be liable for any arrears.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

that's the car but owner still has it. He doesn't have it for the full six years it wasn't taxed though as far as I know. Galway seems abit easier to get away without it though. Mine wasn't taxed for two or three years before I bought it and was in Galway too

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X