35mm photography questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35mm photography questions

Yo. My daughter is interested in messing around with 35mm film. She was using a semi disposable yoke but I rescued an old Nikon vintage camera from my Mum there the weekend and she's delighted with it. Went into town today and paid 16 quid for one roll of film!!!! 😳.
    Are there any experts here that can give a newb some tips and hopefully point us to where we can get cheaper film? At that price today it's pretty much a hobby-killer.

Something small I can add is that lots of photographers used expired film it gives a particular effect apparently. There is also the world of that stuff on ebay and youtube tutorials. My son wanted a polaroid camera for Christmas which his Aunt kindly got him but likewise the cost of the film is a killer.

Comment

Used to buy from eBay when I used my OM1 a lot - i.e. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353457827881 - x5 rolls for £23.95, if you're over in the UK, know anyone in N.I.

Is she looking to develop her own film? (Sticking to B&W makes life a lot easier...!)

Comment

Whatever about the cost of the films, the developing of the films is where the costs will mount unless she plans to learn to develop her own?

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
        Working...
        X