No announcement yet.

Invasion of Ukraine by Russia and War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putin might as well grab Moldova while he is at it.

If Putin does not back down (or he is not given an exit ramp of some kind), he will keep a lot of Ukraine, because he might as well. The US military think this can go on for months and in that scenario, it looks bad for Ukraine emerging with its borders, population, sea access, infrastructure, economy or political system intact. Ukraine may be subsumed into Russia and become the enemy worst case.
    sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by miller View Post
      Confirmed, the 225 is destroyed

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk
      That's a very sad sight,though in comparison to what's happening to its people and country,small fry.

What were the chances it would be there getting worked on when this invasion kicked off?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike205 View Post
        4 Chinese students, 1 Indian killed by Russian attack on Kharkiv college dorm

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/new...l%20University.
        and yet these two countries will continue to abstain from the UN condemnation vote

Comment

• Originally posted by Titan View Post

That's a very sad sight,though in comparison to what's happening to its people and country,small fry.

What were the chances it would be there getting worked on when this invasion kicked off?
          It arrived back to Gostomel on February 5th to undergo maintenance. Considering that the world was warning Ukraine of an imminent attack on Ukraine and in particular, Kyiv, I'm not sure that was such a good idea. Around the same time, airline lessors were pulling their aircraft out of Ukraine due to the risks.

Comment

• Yeah it looks like they were relying more on hope and sanity to prevail and Russia wouldn't invade,unfortunately that was never going to happen with Putin.

Comment

• https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...rket-1.4816854

Whats the logistics for all of the companies writing off and walking away from their Russia investments, are they firesaling assets, if so to whom? There must be plenty of modern factories on the cards to be shut down and abandoned.

With a huge amount of companies making similar moves to CRH, you would have to say that once this is all over (however and when that will happen) and sanctions against Russia are eased / dropped there is going to be a whole new layer of oligarch's created from mopping up the markets.

Comment

• Parliament in Russia has just passed a law to jail somebody for 3-15 years for spreading "fake news" on the "special operation". They are desperate to keep it under wraps now. I wonder do their citizens see through this, or believe the lies.

They claimed on TV this morning that any shots of a "Ukraine war", were actually from other, older wars and it was fake news.

Comment

• A guy on the radio in Russia at lunchtime said the sanctions are starting to bite the real economy already. A lot of manufacturing is closing down because they can't get parts from the west. Lada has had to halt production for example.

Comment

• When sanctions hit the ordinary Russian hard then it could go wither way. They either create enough unrest that Putin's enablers sppok and there's a move on him or it galvanises into a bunker mentality or them against us. Who knows given the state propaganda what will happen.

Ive seen a few reports of racial attacks in Poland, they have no issues with the Ukrainians but Africans/middle easterners are being targeted by Polish ultras.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
                      When sanctions hit the ordinary Russian hard then it could go wither way. They either create enough unrest that Putin's enablers sppok and there's a move on him or it galvanises into a bunker mentality or them against us. Who knows given the state propaganda what will happen.
                      This is a fear of mine too - that 'us vs them' mentality.

As mentioned already all independent news sources be it TV or online have been shutdown or been blocked from access inside RU, so people inside RU will now find it harder to obtain information. State run reporting will be the only 'news'. Report anything else and it's false information against the state with up to 15 years in prison.
                      Protest on the streets against the state and it's 6 years in prison.
                      International social media is on and off - it will likely get blocked too, and also the likes of Telegram, Signal etc
                      With sanctions hitting many have lost their jobs. If they don't understand the full reasons then a cess pool of desperation is created and fueled by the state media into anti-west sentiment.
                      Short term pain creates the sudden shock - medium or long term pain creates frustration, anger, and hate because people have families dependent on them. Without knowing why and being dependent on the state media they are cut off and easier to manipulate.

The only way through this is to cut the head off the snake in my opinion. But I fear that's virtually impossible with the environment and safety cell he's created around himself.

He's sending UA back to the dark ages, but will also take advantage of frustration, resentment, and hardships within his own borders too.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnBoy View Post
                        A guy on the radio in Russia at lunchtime said the sanctions are starting to bite the real economy already. A lot of manufacturing is closing down because they can't get parts from the west. Lada has had to halt production for example.
                        It’s impacting German manufacturers also I think because they depend on Ukrainian suppliers. I believe VW, BMW, and others have halted their production lines.

Comment

• Originally posted by jf_cole View Post
                          Parliament in Russia has just passed a law to jail somebody for 3-15 years for spreading "fake news" on the "special operation". They are desperate to keep it under wraps now. I wonder do their citizens see through this, or believe the lies.

They claimed on TV this morning that any shots of a "Ukraine war", were actually from other, older wars and it was fake news.
                          Even the BBC is finding it very hard to keep broadcasting in Russia now.

He must be getting some tips from his buddy in China on how to control what people can see.

Comment

• RU tested and began putting infrastructure in place years ago where they could in theory disconnect themselves from the broader global internet as we know it, and run their own internal network for their own needs. They'd have full control over everything going across it of course. It was claimed it was for security reasons (cyber attacks etc) but of course if you remove access to the outside world with no available hard connection to it then you control the narrative. How far it has progressed or how successful it might be if the switch is thrown I have no idea though...

Comment

• A friend is a school teacher in Poland. In a staff meeting today they were told that their school has been selected as one that will be converted to a hospital in the even of war breaking out. She was one of the friends who asked early in the week if we would take her kids if/ when the time comes. She is even more scared now. Scary sh1t for people to be living through. Thank God we live in Ireland.
                              We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cold View Post

It’s impacting German manufacturers also I think because they depend on Ukrainian suppliers. I believe VW, BMW, and others have halted their production lines.
                                The (hopeful) difference being, the Germans will keep paying their employees?

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X