No announcement yet.

Invasion of Ukraine by Russia and War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not saying it means anything but Putin abruptly moved his yacht out of Germany.

https://www.businessinsider.com/puti...22-2?r=US&IR=T

sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

I wouldn't read too much into that TBH. Think it happened a week ago. Probably just to guard against the possibility of pre-emptive sanctions which might have seen it tied up in a quagmire of paperwork.

But yesterday saw a huge uptake in the number of privately owned jets which departed from Kiev -- reports suggested it's been happening for a week or longer, but that there was a huge uptake in the number of flights yesterday alone. -- roughly 6 times as many as normal. Passenger/civilian airlines are obviously avoiding UA airspace at the moment. The private jets headed mostly for Germany and Austria, with some to Turkey, Greece, and the ME.
      So those with money and influence seem to have moved family and friends etc away for now.

Comment

I believe that a lot of folks who had been living in Kyiv are temporarily moving to Lviv, near the Polish border so that they can easily make their escape should Russian forces, massed on the Belarus border, attack the capital.
        In other news the B-52's on temporary deployment to the UK were out last night and again this morning on a few training /show of force missions.
        Also, I must admit to being highly amused on hearing what the Russian ambassador to Sweden had to say about the potential sanctions... "Russia does not give a sh1t about European sanctions!" 😂
        Last edited by GeeTI; 14-02-2022, 03:37 PM.

Comment

I'm sure Russia is very much enjoying all the attention and hope to cut some kind of deal behind the scenes to get whatever concessions they want. Like Nordstream 2 going live and that kind of thing. Having world leaders on their knees begging Putin to do stuff plays well also I'm sure. I honestly don't know why they would actually invade Ukraine because it offers so much leverage as is.

In fairness I think it's reasonable to suggest that somewhere like Ukraine should be unaffiliated, particularly seeing as this was the agreement at some stage. It's not like Mexico would be allowed to join a Russian military grouping. Or Ireland, let's say.

Comment

He'd be absolutely mad to invade, has everyone eating out of his hand already

I'd say the boys will be rewarded with a summer off after camping in the woods for this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
              I'm not saying it means anything but Putin abruptly moved his yacht out of Germany.

https://www.businessinsider.com/puti...22-2?r=US&IR=T
              Surely a good sign. If he was planning on unleashing WW3 he would not have bothered! 😂

Comment

The Russians have announced they have started to withdraw units back to their bases. I'm guessing Putin got what he wanted from the whole exercise

Comment

Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
                  The Russians have announced they have started to withdraw units back to their bases. I'm guessing Putin got what he wanted from the whole exercise
                  Or they done their sums again and the answer was that it would not go. I don't think this is the end - they will still try to undermine and destabilise Ukraine and surrounding countries. Just look at how successful they have been with the UK and USA.

Comment

Lets wait and see. Only once satellite imagery has confirm this can we be sure.
                    "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
                    "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

Some diesel bill there for nothing
                      looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Comment

Think of the poor feckers stuck out in the wilds freezing their arses off in their white snow gear running around shooting or driving over bushes waiting to get the yea or nea from Tsar Putin.

I'm sure they are only too happy to get back to their barracks and get some vodka into them.
                        Last edited by Titan; 15-02-2022, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Satellite imagery shows Russian troops are still converging on the border...
                          "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
                          "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

Our troops and tanks are going back to their bases

comical_ali.png

Comment

They also said if any Russian citizens are killed (they gave out hundreds of thousands of passports in Donbass, they will take military action. And the Russian parliament has called for recognition of the annexed areas as independent and no sign of actual withdrawal. Not hard to see how that might work out. I doubt it will be at 3am local time tomorrow though because then the Americans will be right.
                              sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

I knew the Russian gdp wasn't that great but I didn't realize Italy had a bigger gdp. I'd say much of Russia's wealth has been stripped by corruption and dodgy oligarchs. I think Obama described it as Europe's gas station. That said a Russian senator was being interviewed and he said none of that matters, the Chinese can match the US economically but we have more nukes than the americans so they cannot do anything.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X