Invasion of Ukraine by Russia and War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31 Abrams confirmed.
    Not a lot... just barely enough for a battalion, but if they are combined with the Challenger tanks, you could put one together.

So two with Leopards, and one with Abrams and Challengers.
    "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
    "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by -alan- View Post

One of the things I never got my head round is how the Putin establishment keeps checks on Wagner, to stop them becoming a threat to him and his ruling cadre. I'm guessing whoever's bank-rolling them calls the shots at the moment, but there won't be any deep sense of loyalty to the Russian regime really.

I was wondering whether the Wagner crowd have potential to become a threat and involved in a coup, and if so, how that particular risk is kept in check ?
      Well, its easy. Its kinda like how Hitler kept SA around as henchmen to do the dirty work, but once he had no more use for them, he cut them down to size.
      I am sure that Putin knows that a palace coup is his greatest risk right now.
      Rather than losing a fight with a window, I am sure he will accidentally stand in front of a rocket. (edit: the Wagner guy, of course)
      Last edited by hi-rev; 25-01-2023, 04:44 PM.
      "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..

Comment

• Originally posted by hi-rev View Post
        31 Abrams confirmed.
        Not a lot... just barely enough for a battalion, but if they are combined with the Challenger tanks, you could put one together.

So two with Leopards, and one with Abrams and Challengers.
        There will be plenty of C17 full of Abrams landing in Poland soon I'm also reading Germany will send 14 Leopards, It's better than nothing but 14 seems like an awfully small number after all that hassle.
        Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

• I hope I'm not getting carried away but this news has the makings of a sort of mini D-Day feel about it.

All the Allies finally seem to be on the same page and going for the one goal,at last.
          Hopefully this build up of fire power will be the beginning of the end for Putin in Ukraine,and with a bit of luck he'll be buried,both literally and figuratively.
          Last edited by Titan; 25-01-2023, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• It’s about 150 tanks in total so far. Shame they couldn’t all be Leopards, 3 different logistics requirements, 4 if the French send theirs too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Its even worse than that.
              There are 3 different versions of the Leopards being touted. 2A4, 2A5 and 2A6
              Confirmed MBT deliveries to Ukraine

Confirmed MBT deliveries to Ukraine :
              Germany 14x Leopard 2A6
              Poland 14x Leopard 2 (A4?)
              Spain 53x Leopard 2A4 (?)
              Portugal 4x Leopard 2A6
              UK 14x Challenger 2
              USA 31x Abrams M1A1
              Norway up to 8x Leopard 2A4NO

Waiting:
              Sweden 14x Leopard 2A5
              Netherlands 14x Leopard 2 (A5?)
              Finland 10x Leopard (A5?)
              Denmark 6 Leopard 2A5
              France ?x Leclerc

Now we just need the 600 APC/IFV (with 100 Bradley and some BMPs we are getting there too), a hundred or so artillery pieces and Ukraine will have that extra division that their minister of defence was asking for.

Happy birthday Mr. Zelensky.
              Last edited by hi-rev; 25-01-2023, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Surely someone in the Russian administration will now see that its practically the entire world against them so will make some moves to end it and save face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfaguy View Post
                  Surely someone in the Russian administration will now see that its practically the entire world against them so will make some moves to end it and save face.
                  That is not true they have the very best friends in best Korea and the Iranians think they are ok.
                  Don't bother with Eco, it's not very nice, leave it in normal & drive it like you just stole it.

Comment

• And South Africa

Comment

• Don’t forget Mick and Claire too. The Axis of Drivel.

Comment

• Apparently the hot topic of conversation on Ruskie TV last night was what German bases they were going to attack and how they were going to go after ze Germans for their temerity to send in tanks.

Comment

• If they attack Germany will that mean that NATO will hit back?
                          Deadly Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadly Dave View Post
                            If they attack Germany will that mean that NATO will hit back?
                            They couldn't hit a cows back side with a banjo in Ukraine - little chance they'd be able to hit Germany.

Comment

• Yeah Russia going at Germany is pretty unlikely I'd imagine, it is more so for the domestic audience.

Theres nothing like telling everyone you are under siege and to prepare for an imminent attack,
                              to get the population behind you, apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by the drifter View Post

That is not true they have the very best friends in best Korea and the Iranians think they are ok.
                                And China
                                We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X