Invasion of Ukraine by Russia and War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
    Looks like Ukr has enhanced range GMLRS missiles for HIMARS. 140-160km range. If the Russians have to keep anything important more than 160km from the front line they are facing a virtually impossible situation. Good.

The more I read about Russian military culture the more I understand how inhuman they are. Must try and find that thread about how Wagner is importing the brutal prison caste system in their convict recruits. The lowest caste is called “Cocks”, which is not a sexual reference, more translates as rooster. Cocks must sleep next to the (usually filthy) toilet and no one must share food or cigarettes with or touch them except they may be freely raped. Phryzogin (head of Wagner, may have spelling wrong) says this causes logistics difficulties at the line and better to have Cocks units and morale for them will be better.

They are an awful bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From what I have read, but can't confirm, it seems like rape is a method of punishment for mistakes, laziness, etc. within the ranks. If you mess up, you are getting a raping. And yet they are so anti-gay... :-0
    Maybe this is why they they have no issue then being sent out to mass rape the civilian population. It's not rape, it's just part of your duty right? How can anyone comprehend this logic?!
    We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by markcro View Post

And yet they are so anti-gay... :-0

In their mindset Its only gay when you're receiving, not giving. Adds even more humiliation on the victim.

Comment

• You wouldn't describe Russia as inclusive. Rabid hatred to gay people, Nazis (a broad church), satanists (a broad church), Ukrainians (hohols), jews, the degenerate weak west etc. A desire to nuke everyone. Everything will be Russia and all that.

How can this bunch exist in the 21st Century? It's like some intensely racist hate fueled atavistic medieval cabal which has a caste system. With nuclear weapons. And I can't see although may be polluted by western propaganda and AI selectivity of the media to which I receive access, a distinction between the regime and ordinary decent Russians which is in any way obvious.
        sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

I can't see although may be polluted by western propaganda and AI selectivity of the media to which I receive access, a distinction between the regime and ordinary decent Russians which is in any way obvious.
          Go live there and travel around for a few years. It will broaden perspective and open a wider viewpoint.

Has anybody watched this docuseries?
          https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...999-traumazone

Although the law of probability would suggest that with the continuing mass exodus from the current regime your chances of encountering and dealing with Russians and at a later date 1st generation RU immigrants is only increasing globally.

I had to lookup atavistic -- thanks for my new word for the day!

Comment

• I mean, Russians simply have such utter contempt for human life its far beyond our world view.
            Its more akin to how the Aztecs treated their slaves than for instance Romans and Greek, who at least had some honor system within the society and the individual.
            To be fair, they don't even value their own lives that very high either.

Anyways, I was a bit disappointed by the way the accidental rocket strike in Poland unfolded afterwards.
            The Polish government was it usual self in being utterly incompetent (it took several hours to confirm there indeed was a rocket strike, though it was visible on social media, and with eye witness reports, as well as the military radars and warning systems) and then it took another couple of hours to decide "something" what was actually a big "nothing" because they wanted more time to confirm the confirmation that it indeed was an accidental hit from a stray Ukrainian air defense missile.
            What did they deliberate on for so long?
            I hate the government of fools.

At the same time Zelensky really did step on it, trying to argue that it was a near deliberate attack on Poland to provoke a NATO response.
            Obviously I can understand where he is coming from (to use that phrase) but it was pointless. In this case it would have been better to stay silent and let the (media) storm happen elsewhere.
            "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
            "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• The problem isn't that they're deliberating and investigating and taking their time doing it, the problem is that they (and US) are talking about it during the investigation. All that will really come out of this is some fodder for Russian propaganda. The US is notoriously leaky and I think the latest crop of presidents seem to like to shoot from the hip.

Comment

• Hmmm. Interesting. Coincidence or what do ye think?

https://novayagazeta.eu/articles/202...gitude-en-news

Comment

• So far, the investigation points to it being an S-300 missile that missed target, and landed, by accident in Poland.
                  I would think that by now, the data from the various ground radars, AWACS as well as on-site debris has been amalgamated and given the clear indication of what had happened.

What we have in public view, is a single photograph (taken at night) of a piece of a rocket motor, and from the various discussions, there is a 50/50 chance is the one from the S-300, but could also be from a KH-55 cruise missile.
                  The various sleuths are discussing whether the arc is concave or convex, whether the aluminum ring is missing by having been blown of, or whether it was never there to begin with.
                  But as its a single piece of debris, photographed at night, with no indications of size etc. etc. its a pointless exercise.

The latitude / longitude is funny alright, but from the public statements, it does appear that it was a Ukrainian S-300.

Mind, you there is obviously lots of things going on that we do not know of.
                  Hell if we go into the conspiracy corner, it could have been a Russian missile but Poland/NATO/USA decided that it would be best to publicly deny it, using the opportunity to give more clandestine support to Ukraine as a reply. (So the Russians as well as NATO know what was happening, but preventing any public panic and public escalation.

At the evening of the hit, there already was panic buying of gas on polish petrol stations etc.
                  Last edited by hi-rev; 17-11-2022, 02:04 PM.
                  "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..

Comment

• Originally posted by blascae111 View Post
                    Hmmm. Interesting. Coincidence or what do ye think?

https://novayagazeta.eu/articles/202...gitude-en-news
                    Funnily enough, a friend of mine has been following this war intently, he is a big military and politics buff. And he said to me the other day that he doesn't buy Biden's/ the general opinion. And he bets that it was a stray Rusky missile, and that very stern words were had behind closed doors with the Ruskies, and the "stray Ukrainian missile" story allows things not to escalate with Nato, all while the Reds got a good telling off.
                    Biden came very, very quickly after the event saying that he doesn't believe that it was a Rusky missile. Sure the investigation hadn't even started yet.
                    Anyway, we will never know!
                    Last edited by markcro; 17-11-2022, 02:09 PM.
                    We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

• All the above tells me this is a win for Moscow. It is very clear that NATO including even Poland which is reputed to love the idea of wading in is staying away from getting into this in any way like an opposite pole of a battery (pardon the pun).

Anyway in other news a drone named "Dildo of consequences (usually comes unlubed)" seems to have sunk a Russian vessel. You couldn't make this stuff up.

sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• I can't for the life of me picture why any of the other Western countries would want to pile in at this stage and risk giving Putin the excuse he needs to escalate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfaguy View Post
                          I wouldn't worry too much this will be just like Obama's red line in Syria.
                          Mmmmmm - just as I thought.

Comment

All the above tells me this is a win for Moscow. It is very clear that NATO including even Poland which is reputed to love the idea of wading in is staying away from getting into this in any way like an opposite pole of a battery (pardon the pun).

Anyway in other news a drone named "Dildo of consequences (usually comes unlubed)" seems to have sunk a Russian vessel. You couldn't make this stuff up.
                            Well, the thing is, you do not know if there was (or will be) no other consequence.
                            It is clear that this was accidental, so what are you going to do?
                            Its like if two people are fighting in a bar, and one of them spills a bit of beer on you, are you going to join the fray?

IF it was a Russian missile, then there would be another dildo of consequence arriving somewhere with thanks. Just not in public view.

Comment

All the above tells me this is a win for Moscow. It is very clear that NATO including even Poland which is reputed to love the idea of wading in is staying away from getting into this in any way like an opposite pole of a battery (pardon the pun).

Total win for Moscow.
                              "Weak facist idiots blow up their own ally" "And even bigger weak idiots for admitting to it!! hahahaha!"

This could have been used to ramp up support if they had the backbone for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by -alan- View Post
                                I can't for the life of me picture why any of the other Western countries would want to pile in at this stage and risk giving Putin the excuse he needs to escalate.
                                Putler will do what he will do regardless. The die has been cast years before now. Weakness now will seal the inevitable which will bite us all in time to come.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X