Invasion of Ukraine by Russia and War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ming View Post

On the 18 new HIMARS being supplied, first they are months away and second even one volley from each per day would cause such a run on missiles as to be unsustainable in the short to medium term. Quality has its own quantity problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did see an image on twitter of 18 Himars on a boat. Could be an old photo of course and the transit time could also take months in fairness

Comment

• Finland will close its border to Russian tourists from Friday,the last European country touching Russia to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mic View Post
        I did see an image on twitter of 18 Himars on a boat. Could be an old photo of course and the transit time could also take months in fairness
        Its an old image. Those were the launchers delivered to Romania a long time ago.
        Sadly people share images without thinking.

On the delivery times, I do think it will be less than "months".
        But yes, ammo is a real problem. I have seen clips of the UAF firing the HIMARS in singles, rather than a full volley of 6 rockets, which I would guess is to conserve ammunition as far as possible.
        "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
        "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• The main reason why I think Russia blew up the pipeline, is that they arent taking it more seriously. I would expect to see Putin spitting in anger at a TV camera and threatening whoever for the attack on Russian infrastructure with nuclear war for daring to hit Russia. They seem more concerned about being blamed, than somebody attacked a massive revenue source and a potential peace chip.

Its also rather convenient to have the Biden clip claiming he will ensure Nordstream wont be used again. If you were planning on something like that, would you tell reporters on camera?

Comment

• Originally posted by hi-rev View Post

Its an old image. Those were the launchers delivered to Romania a long time ago.
            Sadly people share images without thinking.
            Thought that alright. I wonder do they always go by sea or are they transportable by air

Comment

• Apparenlty Lukashenko agreed to deploy 120K soldiers from Belarus during November-February. https://twitter.com/PavelLatushka/st...EzBUU7wM_qBx5w

One might wonder what are the morale and equipment of this "army"
              Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike205 View Post
                Apparenlty Lukashenko agreed to deploy 120K soldiers from Belarus during November-February. https://twitter.com/PavelLatushka/st...EzBUU7wM_qBx5w

One might wonder what are the morale and equipment of this "army"
                My understanding is that the Belorussian army may have canned that idea before. Not sure it will work this time. Good luck getting them to deploy into Ukraine after they saw what happened to the Elite formations like the 1st Guards Tank Army. Now a 1st Guards tankless platoon.

sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Ukrainian army intelligence assesses likelihood of use of tactical nuke (on troop concentrations, command centres or supply hubs) as very high. Other sources say some kind of escalatory ultimatum is coming post annexation.

I personally have no idea what to make of that.

sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• I think one of the things something like that will come down to is whether those inside the Kremlin,around Putin, are either proper hardliners and want to take it that far or people with a bit of sense.

I think Putin will need some sort of support if he decides to go down that road.
                    He cant get away with just himself wanting to do it.

Apparently there has been plenty of communication from America to them saying what they will do if he does push that button.
                    But this being a madman,might not make much difference to his way of thinking.

Comment

• Which is why that communication is aimed at people below Putin who would execute the order to help them understand the consequences.

It won’t happen anyhow.

Comment

• Hopefully he will fall out of a hospital window/ down the stairs/ etc. like has happened in the last few weeks to some top people.
                        We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cold View Post
                          Which is why that communication is aimed at people below Putin who would execute the order to help them understand the consequences.

It won’t happen anyhow.
                          If hardy comes to hardy, they might have to choose between a shortlist of a small range of different types of executions..

Comment

• So from the pipeline thing - I take it that Germany and other European countries are not able to get any Russian gas anymore now - and hence Russia's gas revenue is a thing of the past? I had thought to myself early in the war when Germany was crying about gas that someone should simply blow the pipeline - problem solved. Obviously somebody else thought of that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mic View Post

Thought that alright. I wonder do they always go by sea or are they transportable by air
                              By air.
                              They go from US over Shano..... I mean Ramstein, and then onto Rzeszow, and there by train to Lviv in Ukraine.
                              "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
                              "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• The himars can fit in a c130 cargo bay. The big C17s can carry 4 unloaded ones (3fully loaded). That's one of the big tactical game changers about it, how easy it is to transport.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X