Invasion of Ukraine by Russia and War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -alan- View Post

Even with the clumsy translation - he's really very good at the motivation / media game. Hard not admire the man on so many levels.
    He seems to be everything Vlad isn't and can never be.

Comment

• Feelings running high in Tbilisi. The Russians will have no friends anywhere soon. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. I feel sorry for individual Russian citizens who don't support this criminal escapade.

https://twitter.com/visionergeo/stat...LeS5PR7cUr0BUQ
      sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike205 View Post
        The Russian ambassador to Poland was painted red in protest against war in Ukraine

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/9-may-...painted-red-in
        I love the way that he had no host nation protection. Just left to feel the fear and shame. And rightly so!

But unfortunately these scum feel no shame. When one of the people said to him "You have Ukrainian blood on your hands!", he smartly replied, "No. It's just raspberry syrup! " No shame.

The Polish National Ministry of internal Affairs issued a statement saying that Poland is a democratic state where people have the right to come to the streets and protest against unjust actions especially when it comes to such unjust war, murder and destruction being done in Ukraine. And that nobody was arrested as a result of the 'incident'. No investigation pending.

Respect!
        We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

• Though he requested an official entourage, it was denied. Naturally, he can do as he pleases in a free country, but he does not have to have protection. (Police appear to have been called when scuffles happened)

It was even worse in Gdansk where it came to showing and the assistant to the consul tore up a placard with the Ukrainian flag on it.
          A small matter in the scheme of things, but a diplomatic faux pas none the less, and it shows at which level the Russians really are.
          The Polish ambassador has been expelled and the Russian ambassador is heading home too.
          "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
          "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• Huge respect. Whereas the spineless German's banned the Ukrainian flag and Russian flag in fear of falling off their fence. Pathetic.
            We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

• Meanwhile the Russians score another shopping centre with a cruise missile (in Odesa). I suppose we should be glad it wasn't another expert precision strike on a school.
              sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by markcro View Post

I love the way that he had no host nation protection. Just left to feel the fear and shame. And rightly so!

But unfortunately these scum feel no shame. When one of the people said to him "You have Ukrainian blood on your hands!", he smartly replied, "No. It's just raspberry syrup! " No shame.

The Polish National Ministry of internal Affairs issued a statement saying that Poland is a democratic state where people have the right to come to the streets and protest against unjust actions especially when it comes to such unjust war, murder and destruction being done in Ukraine. And that nobody was arrested as a result of the 'incident'. No investigation pending.

Respect!
                No, I dont think it's right to attack ambassadors of any country - they have a job to do, especially in times like this. It's important to treat them with a bit of respect. They are diplomatic professionals, and dont set or even necessarily support policy at regime level.

If we treat those folk like dirt, then we run the risk of our Ambassadors and representatives being treated similarly over there, and if we dont keep those civilised channels open when everything else is turning to sh*t, then it just gets worse for everybody. That's the kind of thing plays directly into Putin's gameplan.

Comment

No, I dont think it's right to attack ambassadors of any country - they have a job to do, especially in times like this. It's important to treat them with a bit of respect. They are diplomatic professionals, and dont set or even necessarily support policy at regime level.

If we treat those folk like dirt, then we run the risk of our Ambassadors and representatives being treated similarly over there, and if we dont keep those civilised channels open when everything else is turning to sh*t, then it just gets worse for everybody. That's the kind of thing plays directly into Putin's gameplan.
                  Sorry but I don't agree at all. These are exceptional circumstances. It's a farce to even mention respect. They clearly have zero respect for us with their actions and blatant lies, not to mention zero respect of life/ laws with their actions in Ukraine.
                  It was the same with the Nazi ambassadors in the 1930s onwards, "They are only doing their job". Rubbish! Even the most naïve motherland loving ambassador/ embassy worker will have opened their eyes to the depravity. And if they had one once of morality or humanity then they would quit. Walk away, defect, whatever. But to continue to stand and let out a constant vomit of lies from their mouth to support murder, rape, destruction.. fuk them. Fuk them all. They should be deported by now. And all our ambassadors should be pulled back home. I am sure they have a great laugh (as did Hitler) with our repeated "diplomacy". Nothing better to waste our time and keep us tame, all while they continue as normal.
                  Hitlers, and Putin's (Putler) game plan is based on working our "diplomacy" and they know it as a weakness. It managed to amass 130k troops at the Ukraine's door for a start.

Just to note, I don't agree with hurting anyone. And he was not. It was raspberry syrup, not paint or heavy fruit. So fu<k him.

Just listen to the interviews of the Irish one for their level of no-respect towards us/ truth/ law. You couldn't make that sh1t up it is so bizarre. And any dealing with be on their insane terms. One sided diplomacy does not work. So there is no dealings.
                  Last edited by markcro; 09-05-2022, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Sorry but I don't agree at all. These are exceptional circumstances. It's a farce to even mention respect. They clearly have zero respect for us with their actions and blatant lies, not to mention zero respect of life/ laws with their actions in Ukraine.
                    It was the same with the Nazi ambassadors in the 1930s onwards, "They are only doing their job". Rubbish! Even the most naïve motherland loving ambassador/ embassy worker will have opened their eyes to the depravity. And if they had one once of morality or humanity then they would quit. Walk away, defect, whatever. But to continue to stand and let out a constant vomit of lies from their mouth to support murder, rape, destruction.. fuk them. Fuk them all. They should be deported by now. And all our ambassadors should be pulled back home. I am sure they have a great laugh (as did Hitler) with our repeated "diplomacy". Nothing better to waste our time and keep us tame, all while they continue as normal.

Just to note, I don't agree with hurting anyone. And he was not. It was raspberry syrup, not paint or heavy fruit. So fu<k him.
                    Interesting - do you not think there's any potential for differences between the entire Russian Establishment and Putin;s Kremlin, ie they're all of the same mindset ? If you go down that route surely it's not a huge step from there to tarring the entire Russian populace with the same dirty brush.

Comment

Interesting - do you not think there's any potential for differences between the entire Russian Establishment and Putin;s Kremlin, ie they're all of the same mindset ? If you go down that route surely it's not a huge step from there to tarring the entire Russian populace with the same dirty brush.
                      Putin is one man, he has a whole team backing him up in the Kremlin. This type of regime is not changed by changing one man. You can bet anyone in power that has a different idea has already been sent to the front or dealt with years ago. They only chance of change will have to come from within. And that will be messy.

And talking about a regime/ government is totally different from the normal Russian person on the street.

Last edited by markcro; 09-05-2022, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• This discussion between a captured Russian soldier and a Ukranian journalist - and later the father of the soldier is interesting if a bit long but it pours some cold water on any idea's that things are going to change from within anytime soon. The soldier is dismissive of the need for a war (or at least any participation by him in it) but the father is in full step with Putin and the propaganda he hears but I get the strong impression that he knows the score very well but just doesn't want to acknowledge it - so Nazi Germany all over again.

Comment

Putin is one man, he has a whole team backing him up in the Kremlin. This type of regime is not changed by changing one man. You can bet anyone in power that has a different idea has already been sent to the front or dealt with years ago. They only chance of change will have to come from within. And that will be messy.

And talking about a regime/ government is totally different from the normal Russian person on the street.
                          That's true. I don't see the Russian permanent cicil servants / diplomats as part of Putin's core support though. I suppose it boils dow to who they actually 'represent'. AFAIK Ambassadors tend to be career professionals, and not tied directly to whoever's on top politically at any given time. Could be different in Russia admittedly though with Putin having appointed himself for life.

Still - if you support and encourage attacks on them, you effectively put them in the invidious position of having to be either 'for Putin' as opposed to against him. ie You're with us or agin us - a simple binary choice with no room for doubt. It doesn't allow for the possibility that they might be honest decent people who think Putin's an evil b@stard, but are still stuck in a damnable position which has been forced on them, with a responsibility to their colleagues and the rest of the Russian population - both pro and anti Putin.

Don;t get me wrong, btw I do full well understand the symbolic nature of attacking them, and the fleeting pleasure it brings - but I think it's sinking right down to the levels at which the Kremlin gangsters and all of their mindless brain-dead fanboys at home operate at, and we should better than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by deltona View Post

As with so much else that's just more horsesh!t.
                            When living in Moscow it would always rain 2-3 days before the Victory Day holiday - absolutely guaranteed. They'd perform cloud seeding over and around the city so as it had rained before the holiday. The cloud seeding was obvious as fcuk, given that the entirety of Moscow city is a no fly zone. So all was needed was a telescope or binoculars and you'd actually see planes over the city, when there shouldn't be any unless they have special permission.
                            I was just watching a Doco the other day called Chernobyl: The New Evidence where they said that Moscow had done exactly the same with the radiation clouds that where headed towards Moscow from the plant, they picked a spot in the countryside & seeded the clouds over it so that the radioactive rain fell no where near Moscow... seems to be a practice they make the most out of.
                            Speed is just a question of money, how fast do you want to go

Comment

You should hear some of the stuff he is constantly saying...
                              Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

That's true. I don't see the Russian permanent cicil servants / diplomats as part of Putin's core support though. I suppose it boils dow to who they actually 'represent'. AFAIK Ambassadors tend to be career professionals, and not tied directly to whoever's on top politically at any given time. Could be different in Russia admittedly though with Putin having appointed himself for life.
                                RTE: So are you telling me that the Ukrainians are raping and murdering themselves?!
                                The ambassador to Ireland: Yes, to make us look bad.
                                RTE: :-0 And what about the theatre with the words "Children" written large enough that it could be seen from space? Did the Ukrainians blow that up and murdered those women, children and old people??
                                The ambassador to Ireland: Yes, and if not the Ukranians themselves, then a Western ally.
                                RTE: So you think that this is a huge conspiracy by the Ukrainians, the world media and the West. Everyone is in on it except for Russia??
                                The ambassador to Ireland: Yes.

To think of these ambassador's are merely civil servants is non-sensical. Listen to the lies that they spew out to support a dictatorship. You cannot reason, or have diplomacy with this mentality. Madmen! The pure blatant lies and lack of respect. Just short of laughing

And so the idea of us having to show respect.......... from figures now 2ish weeks old:

- 5 million refugees fled Ukraine.
                                - 7 million+ homeless
                                - Vast regions laid to waste.
                                - Sanctioned mass rapes of women and young girls, murder and torture
                                - Not to mention the invasion of a free peaceful country

I think it is very easy from a warm comfortable position to don our top hats, wax our whiskers, and over a glass of brandy discuss "we must maintain an air of respect, they are gentlemen after all, as are we! "
                                The complete opposite should be shown along with vile disgust. All that has happened really saddens and disgusts me. What a beautiful country it was, and just normal people wasted, and for what?!

(And I am using the royal "you" here, so not directly this as you Alan, just using your post as a soapbox! ) I have friends that are "Well you know, we have to look at it from their perspective......" Eh?? Really?! :-0

Russian diplomacy will only happen if they achieve their goals and waste the West's time, until they are ready to make their next move. Or else when they fail and are on their knees with a broken country.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X