No announcement yet.

Invasion of Ukraine by Russia and War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, there were some videos going round earlier in the day of russian warship (warships?) firing all guns into the water for some unexplained reason. So who knows what they came up with.
    What ever it was, it went down rather quick.
    "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
    "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• This is a pretty good catalogue of the years of manipulation, ruthlessness and lies that this guy has behind him to date. Poor decisions are nothing new either.

https://open.spotify.com/show/7pqinm...S6OV-kg-Odo1_Q

Comment

• Ming where are you reading this?

Comment

• So it has taken two months for the UN Security Council to issue a statement about Ukraine and it
          didn't even include the words war, conflict or invasion.

Instead all they could say was the Council "expresses deep concern regarding the maintenance
          of peace and security in Ukraine"!!

You really have to ask what is the point of this organisation, they seem to have as
          much power or influence to change things as someone blowing on a hurricane to
          change its direction.

So long as the matters being discussed involve one of the permanent members, nothing
          will happen due to their veto.

Of course there are also those lingering doubts that Russia shouldn't even be a permanent member
          at all as they just assumed the USSR's seat when it collapsed without it being voted on at the time.
          Last edited by Titan; 07-05-2022, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• No surprise there - having worked for the UN for a bit I saw the full range of their corporate policy of deliberate ineffectiveness up close.

Comment

• Originally posted by philb View Post
              Ming where are you reading this?
              I listen to a Twitter space called the Walter Report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Looks like the Russians are bringing heavy equipment back to a place where they have been shelled 6 times and lost a general. Amazing. Maybe they forgot because everyone who was there before is dead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

•  

Comment

• I parked up in a supermarket last night and and was approached by a chap named Alex who was in an ajacent spot. He had noticed a few carbon fibre parts on my car and had started chating to me about them.

Turns out that he had just driven himself and his family several thousand kilometers from Dnipro earlier in the week and was looking to try and start work in Ireland as soon as possible. One of his previous jobs was producing custom interior and exterior carbon parts the Ukraine. He even had a few sample parts and moulds in the boot of his Ukraine registered LHD Pegeout to show me.

Posting up here in case anyone knows of any potential jobs available for someone with composite skills?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bear View Post
                      I parked up in a supermarket last night and and was approached by a chap named Alex who was in an ajacent spot. He had noticed a few carbon fibre parts on my car and had started chating to me about them.

Turns out that he had just driven himself and his family several thousand kilometers from Dnipro earlier in the week and was looking to try and start work in Ireland as soon as possible. One of his previous jobs was producing custom interior and exterior carbon parts the Ukraine. He even had a few sample parts and moulds in the boot of his Ukraine registered LHD Pegeout to show me.

Posting up here in case anyone knows of any potential jobs available for someone with composite skills?
                      That was some drive across.

Hopefully there is some business that he can use his skills in, there always seems
                      to be people looking for interior bits and pieces in carbon so the demand is there.

Best of luck to him and his family, in time he might even be able to set up a business on his own.

Comment

• Long time since iv been around car parts but https://www.typerkits.com/ in donegal used to do alot of that kind of thing

Might be some places around doing boats/matine that would suit his skills

Comment

• Imagine if your car was hit by a Ukraine registered car, good luck with a claim there......tell that lad to contact GRP4 Eng in Galway, they are into a bit of fabrication in Carbon Fibre now and were looking for staff recently

Comment

• Originally posted by dubal View Post
                            Imagine if your car was hit by a Ukraine registered car, good luck with a claim there......tell that lad to contact GRP4 Eng in Galway, they are into a bit of fabrication in Carbon Fibre now and were looking for staff recently
                            UA cars have insurance in European countries - is Ireland different?

Comment

• Did any of the pro Russian lads turn up in the Phoenix Park today?

Comment

• Huge series of anti-war protests being planned via social media groups across Russia for 9th May....

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X