No announcement yet.

Invasion of Ukraine by Russia and War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just so we're clear. Russians that no longer live in Russia are holding demonstrations in support of Russia, despite Russia threatening and making simulations of nuclear attacks that would wipe out the country that said Russians above are now living in. Have I got that right?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnRA View Post
      Just so we're clear. Russians that no longer live in Russia are holding demonstrations in support of Russia, despite Russia threatening and making simulations of nuclear attacks that would wipe out the country that said Russians above are now living in. Have I got that right?
      Yep, beggars belief! No doubt organised and funded by the embassy here to attract idiots. Great PR to be shown back home too.

Did I read it right that the embassy here has over 40 staff? That is 40 cars there anyway!
      Last edited by markcro; 05-05-2022, 09:42 PM.
      We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

• A somewhat ominous website with a countdown timer leading to the destruction of the Crimean bridge

http://crimeanbridgedown.com.ua/

Wonder if it's accurate!

Comment

• Originally posted by GeeTI View Post
          A somewhat ominous website with a countdown timer leading to the destruction of the Crimean bridge

http://crimeanbridgedown.com.ua/

Wonder if it's accurate!
          Translates to be a countdown timer for any Russians wanting to get out of dodge before the bridge is blown to keep further Russian forces out.

Comment

• It looks like Russia may! have another mysterious fire/accident on a warship. Only a frigate (Admiral Makarov) this time.
            sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
              It looks like Russia may! have another mysterious fire/accident on a warship. Only a frigate (Admiral Makarov) this time.
              Yep, some reports are it's the victim of another Neptune missile.

Comment

• Breaking: Admiral Makarov intercepts Ukrainian missiles whilst on active maneuvers.

More to follow

Comment

• Originally posted by jdf View Post
                  Breaking: Admiral Makarov intercepts Ukrainian missiles whilst on active maneuvers.

More to follow
                  Is that like blocking punches with your nose?
                  2005 Alfa 166 2.0TS Grigio Geo - Daily Driver
                  2001 Alfa 166 3.0 Proteo Rosso - The Beast - resting for now
                  2000 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Auto Verde Argo - the Baby
                  1999 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Grigio Nettuno - Track Car
                  1984 Alfasud 1.5 Gold Cloverleaf Florentine Copper - the other Baby

Comment

• I think it's the official terms for what ships do when they're not actually in a war..yet.

Comment

• Love this:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1522574828485677056

Comment

• Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

• It seems that Admiral Makarov has met with Neptune, and is about to join him in Davy Jones locker on a permanent basis.
                          Russian rescue ships and aircraft are swarming in the area.

To lose one warship might seem like an accident... to lose two.. well.. might look like incompetence.
                          "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
                          "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• I forgot... this is the THIRD ship!

The first was a seriously damaged "stealth" corvette that was bombed by shore artillery.
                            "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
                            "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• Didnt they lose a troop ship that was in harbour?

Comment

• The two amphib landing ships were heavily damaged but were repaired (or patched up) and despite the damage, went underway on own power, presumably for a big refit.

There is speculation that the incident allegedly involving the Admiral Makarov actually involved a Kilo submarine, which was not sunk by the Ukrainians, but maybe was minelaying and ran into its own mine, or collided with another vessel, or else it was rumbled in the middle of some special ops insertion or even a patrol because their batteries weren't charged (well if I can't manage my iPhone without lots of recharges no reason the incredibly competent Russian military can deal with batteries in subs) and is attracting attention but not sunk. A bunch of other ships are maybe on the way with air cover and there is unprecedented NATO airborne surveillance, sufficient to cover Northern Europe, covering this 200 mile square block of sea so something interesting is happening.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X