Invasion of Ukraine by Russia and War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take this with a pound of salt, but:
    Kremlin on high alert as coup rumours grow in Moscow: Disgruntled generals join FSB looking to oust Putin and end Ukraine war

https://www.cityam.com/kremlin-on-hi...d-ukraine-war/

At this point, it would nigh on impossible for Putin to mobilise the country.
    All the troops that could accepts the recruits and reservists for training and equipment are at the front.
    There is no more hardware to be had
    And furthermore; who is to say that there is order in the files and the reservists and able bodied men can be located? If the mbilisation is going to go according to the same pattern that we have seen in the Red.. I mean Russian... army they wont be ready till the Ukrainians are taking selfies on red square.
    "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
    "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
      Yes I think you are correct. But they have to run the economy on that also.

Anyway, the UK is sending this (I didn't even know stuff like this existed). So if the Ukrainians start sinking submarines and more ships with this stuff, what will the Russians do?

Talk about the changing face of warfare..I'd no idea those things existed either. Near-as-damnit disposable missile launch platforms - must cost buttons to procure and operate (and replace) compared to something like a full-blown carrier based aircraft and crew. Pretty damn amazing

Comment

• Recent fires in Russia:
        "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..

Comment

• So what's the theory behind the fires, just something that can happen every so often and just one of those things
          or some sort of sort of sabotage?

Comment

• Another American drone that not many people seem to know about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntteugX8EeM

Looks like they are pretty simple and easily launched which no doubt will be
            a great help.

Comment

• That Switchblade drone has been all over the Twittersphere with people being quite horrific in the graphic anticipation of what it will do to the Russians.

Given the number of fires in Russia, I wonder will someone turn up with a Stinger or an NLAW* at the May 9 military parade in Moscow?

* What a terrible world we live in, in which SAAB makes missiles not cars these days https://www.saab.com/products/nlaw
              sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                That Switchblade drone has been all over the Twittersphere with people being quite horrific in the graphic anticipation of what it will do to the Russians.

Given the number of fires in Russia, I wonder will someone turn up with a Stinger or an NLAW* at the May 9 military parade in Moscow?

* What a terrible world we live in, in which SAAB makes missiles not cars these days https://www.saab.com/products/nlaw
                They started of as an airplane company, I guess the world has gone nearly full circle.
                SAAB= Swedish aeroplane stock company

I know you know this, but I like to show pictures of jets...

Yes, it would be nice if we could spend billions on cool cars and super high advanced research instead on things to blow each other to pieces, but sadly we don't have the will power to remove psychopaths from power when they appear and must blow up their minions instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Titan View Post
                  So what's the theory behind the fires, just something that can happen every so often and just one of those things
                  or some sort of sort of sabotage?
                  Some are accidental, some are likely "accidental" (as in shopping centres that are no longer affordable "suddenly" go up in smoke) but some are no doubt started by a (new??) Russian resistance movement called "Legion". (?) Part of the neo nazis? a different "legion"? dont know..
                  Last edited by hi-rev; 04-05-2022, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• As far as killing machines go that lower picture of that fighter jet is quite a nice looking bit of kit.
                    Last edited by Titan; 04-05-2022, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• So whats Putins plan on 9th May do you think?

- Declare a state of war - but this will only call up rubbish troops and not much else, the West will continue to pound them

- Declare some sort of victory - Say that the people of Donbas and Luhansk are now sheltered from the awful nazi's - but the West and Ukraine will probably keep pounding unless they somehow agree to stop

- Drop a Mini Nuke on the Steel plant in Mariupol, knowing that NATO etc wont retaliate in terms of nuking back Russia as NATO was not directly attacked and try then to broker a 'peace deal' from a position of strength and terror?

Comment

• Originally posted by jf_cole View Post
                        So whats Putins plan on 9th May do you think?

- Drop a Mini Nuke on the Steel plant in Mariupol, knowing that NATO etc wont retaliate in terms of nuking back Russia as NATO was not directly attacked and try then to broker a 'peace deal' from a position of strength and terror?
                        Not so sure about the nuke bit, though I have read one opinion that one of the reasons he really wants the steel plant is because it's being defended by the Azov military that has been associated with the far right movement. So if be beats those, he is achieving the goal of 'denazifying'. Which would be a bit of good news for him to share on May 9th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Titan View Post
                          As far as killing machines go that lower picture of that fighter jet is quite a nice looking bit of kit.
                          The Saab Gripen, as seen in the lower pic, is seen as the most suitable candidate for the Irish Air Corps fighter /interceptor role.
                          Not that the Dept of Defence will shell out for them, of course!

Comment

• If the Irish Aircorps can get a few of them I'd say there will be quite a long cue of new Aircorps recruits lining up to get the chance to fly something like that.

Comment

• Few pics of my favourite SAAB designs...apologies for the off topic post
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Why is the SAAB seen as the most suitable for Irelands needs?

There was an interview with the boss of the steelworks last week, he reckons there are several hardened Soviet era bunkers under the steel works including one that was designed to withstand a nuclear blast. There are miles and miles of tunnels aswell as it being a huge industrial complex. He reckons they have stocked the main bunker with 40000 rations designed to provide enough for a soldier for 1 day and also tons of water, in the lead up to the invasion. Combine that with a group of soldiers who know they have 2 options, death or resistance and you get why its not exactly an easy task to remove them.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X