Car Hire Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Hire Spain

Just booked flights to Spain and need to sort some car hire out for the summer whilst there. A quick look and it appears the car hire firms are pricing to claw back lost revenue from recent times. Any one able to recommend a decent car hire website or company to use out of Alicante?

Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
    Just booked flights to Spain and need to sort some car hire out for the summer whilst there. A quick look and it appears the car hire firms are pricing to claw back lost revenue from recent times. Any one able to recommend a decent car hire website or company to use out of Alicante?
    My outlaws were there recently and experienced it first hand. They went with a local firm Costa Coches but by all accounts the car sounded like a pos and had to be changed. We’re going at Easter and I’m wondering what to do myself.

Comment

Prices are through the roof and no way really around it. Going myself at Easter and used my regular Centauro through the Argus Hire site.

Regards
      Andy

Comment

Coys Rent A Car

Zona-9, C. del Azahar, 3B, 03184 Torrevieja, Alicante, Spain
        +34 629 36 27 64 https://g.co/kgs/yo3y71

Small company but excellent, use them all the time while visiting her parent's. No hidden cost surprises when you arrive, etc

Comment

You can (or could) find little gems in Spain. I rented an XC90 for like €500 a week and said sod it I’ll rent a Fiat 500 Abarth too which was peanuts. €300 or something, maybe even less. The XC90 was from Avis I think and the Abarth was from National or one of them. I had a lot of fun with the Abarth. Probably one of the best rentals ever per euro spent.

A suitably sunny shot of them below.

But you need to go to the actual brands to find these or other hidden gems. I think these were both guaranteed models too so no “or similar” BS and you end up with a Dacia. In summary, I wouldn’t dismiss the big brands.

328F4EEB-79FF-4F4E-8DF4-08176167A69F.jpeg

Comment

To be honest I couldnt care less i they gave me a Dacia, Im going on holiday for the sun, the pool and the beach. I only intend to use the car a few times and as long as it can fit the 4 of us and has air con I dont mind. If I was intending to do a bit of mileage then Id look at it differently.

Has anyone used doyouspain.com before?

Comment

Careful of the middle men as they’ll direct you in the way of the only company who can ruin the start to a holiday quicker than Ryanair - Goldcar - the gold standard in manana manana, sa ca sa ca sa ca Scorchio rip off merchants , the rip off comes with a free 2 fingered salute from the most, zero fcuk given senorita you’re ever likely to meet .

The only saving grace is when you know what’s coming be can sit back and watch Ze Germans who are none the wiser and see the predictably hilarious scenario play out.

Comment

I rented with Goldcar last time I was in Spain, to be fair I had no issues with them apart from the usual upsell and warning of dire financial risk if I didnt double the booking cost and take out their insurance policy to cover everything. Even telling me the extra cover Id purchased via Ryanair wasnt worth it, despite the warning on the front of the documentation that Goldcar would say all this and to ignore it.

Alicante is a big enough airport so there seems to be a bit of choice at least, so far the best I can get is coming in around 600 for 13 days. Doyouspain are coming in at 480 fully insured to the max (zero excess etc) for a 2008 or equivalent carvia go rental but I cant find people with good reports of them being a broker.

Comment

i have used auto europe a good few times now over the last number of years with no issues . Just make sure to have your own excess insurance.
                  https://www.autoeurope.ie

Comment

has anyone used doyouspain.com before?
                    avoid avoid avoid Absolute con artists.

If I was you I would just land in alicante and hire one at the Airport.
                    Theres more choice and better help.

Comment

To be honest I couldnt care less i they gave me a Dacia, Im going on holiday for the sun, the pool and the beach. I only intend to use the car a few times and as long as it can fit the 4 of us and has air con I dont mind. If I was intending to do a bit of mileage then Id look at it differently.

Has anyone used doyouspain.com before?
                      How can you possibly fail if you have no requirements of any kind? Just book the cheapest crap and rock on. Or take a taxi.

Comment

Fair point DMZ, we will use the car for trips to water parks etc but nothing crazy.

Cheers Renn, the online reviews of them don't inspire too much confidence.

Comment

Did you price up the company i linked above? I have used them several times and never an issue, excellent service. If I'm not flying to Alicante we use Centauro, again zero issues and always get an upgrade when i collect the car.

Comment

I haven't yet. they are near were we are going to be staying so might be worth the cab ride if they are decent to deal with

Comment

Have used Centauro previously with no complaints. Full insurance are usually pretty cheap and will always have some sort of sale also

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X