Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sligo & Donegal next week in a camper….?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to add to all of the above, Nancy’s Barn in Ballyliffin is great for seafood (they won the World Chowder Championship) and I do think that Doagh Famine Village is a really special place to visit.

Inishowen is such an incredible part of Ireland. It’s special.
    1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
    2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
    2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring

Comment

Indeed, Doagh Famine village is one I was coming back to add, and find Flet had added. I had forgot to mention it. Although, at this time of year it becomes Lapland, with live reindeer and Santy and stuff. Still a wonderfully quirky take on things. And if your kids are younger it will beat any other Santy thing.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok just to park the camper safe in the knowledge I’ll be back to one at a more suitable time of year so appreciate all the feedback.
        looking like the Radiason Sligo , no longer daddy cool but a divorce before Christmas would be harsh…..
        Bit of a hike to wild Ireland and less time in Donegal which is clearly a pity based on the above .

Comment

Just FYI, that Radisson in Sligo is a bit old and small and it’s well outside of the town. You’d be better off either in Rosses Point or in Sligo itself.
          1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
          2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
          2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring

Comment

Cheers dude, the pool is the winner and that parts a no brainier, being far from shops & stuff might be cause to look elsewhere for herself so I’ll mention what you said but she did score some cracking Black Friday deal so who knows, ‘‘twas my least preferred option given the busmans holiday in a generic as well but looking forward to spending 50% of the time in the pool, happy wife etc
            Still it’s a fair climb down from the camper in a storm will be much the less memorable for it, funnily enough our parents nearly got divorced on our most memorable family holiday which involved a Daimler being held up in customs meaning we went 5 up , overland in a diesel fiat mirafiore to fcukin Andorra in a convoy of 3 families

Comment

I think the thing to do in your case (once the C sh1t storm subsides) is to get into skiing. Plenty of adventure and action and suits your season constraints. My kids have always loved it and the older they get the more they will love it. I think it’s about the only type of holiday that doesn’t age. Doing stuff always wins. And you’re right about that part of course.
              I'm with the resistance

Comment

The Neal Egan Ford show used to be held in that Radisson, if it’s the one on the way to Rosses point. Never stayed there but can vouch for the non resident breakfast being very good !! Always thought it looked nice but then I don’t stay in many hotels….

Comment

Ah, a hotel is the safe option and will be grand. Sounds like the pool will be a winner.
                  Go out to Rosses Point or Strandhill one of the days to see what you could have won, though those campsites are likely closed up now for the winter.
                  If you are in Sligo it's worth a trip out to Strandhill for an ice cream at Mammy Johnstons and to see if anyone's out surfing. If you're all on for a bit of exercise take a walk up Knocknarea to see Queen Maeve's tomb and the view across the bay.

Comment

Working...
                  X