• Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEC4F4B1-9946-419C-B76E-B0DD81EEED0E.png

Comment

038C2F52-9202-4F85-B08F-5382D0F8E336.png

Comment

Originally posted by colm89 View Post
        Im hoping to use my remaining budget to pick up a reverb pedal fairly sharpish as the amp is a straight up, single channel valve amp with no frills.
        I’d give this a go ..

https://www.adverts.ie/guitar-effect...-fame/25202116

Comment

Originally posted by motorhead View Post
          Been keeping an eye on that, was also looking out for a holy grail.

Comment

Cracker guitars MH. I've never seen a DGT in that colour. That daphne blue Strat is something else too - have to ask, did it survive the various pogroms ?

Comment

Used to treat myself to a few nice guitars but haven't played in years.

Currently have

Guitars (sample google pics as they are in the attic!)
              Fender Customer Shop NAMM Heavy Relic 62 Strat in Olympic White
              PRS Custom 24 10 Top in Whale Blue
              Taylor 614ce with the three piece flamed back

Amps
              THD Bivalve with a nice selection of expensive valves
              Mesa Rectifier 2x12 Closed Back Cab
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 3 photos.
              Last edited by Bigserious; 26-11-2021, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Some serious kit on here..

(So many PRS btw - and not a dentist amongst ye )

Comment

Originally posted by Bigserious View Post

Used to treat myself to a few nice guitars but haven't played in years.

Currently have

Guitars (sample google pics as they are in the attic!)
                  Fender Customer Shop NAMM Heavy Relic 62 Strat in Olympic White
                  PRS Custom 24 10 Top in Whale Blue
                  Taylor 614ce with the three piece flamed back

Amps
                  THD Bivalve with a nice selection of expensive valves
                  Mesa Rectifier 2x12 Closed Back Cab
                  Whatever about the electrics....you've put a €4k acoustic in the attic?!!! The temperature variation really won't be good for it (or any of them). I used to tell all my students you don't put an instrument where you wouldn't be happy yourself, and that was with €200 instruments!

If they are just sitting around unused, I'll mind the strat

Comment

Originally posted by natnif View Post

Whatever about the electrics....you've put a €4k acoustic in the attic?!!! The temperature variation really won't be good for it (or any of them). I used to tell all my students you don't put an instrument where you wouldn't be happy yourself, and that was with €200 instruments!

If they are just sitting around unused, I'll mind the strat
                    Did not know that! I thought extreme temps were only an issue when it was quick like on plane flights.

Only the PRS in the folks attic. The other two are under the spare bed but was too lazy to take a pic. Will move it for sure though thanks.

Strat isnt going anywhere though. Has to be my favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigserious View Post

Did not know that! I thought extreme temps were only an issue when it was quick like on plane flights.

Only the PRS in the folks attic. The other two are under the spare bed but was too lazy to take a pic. Will move it for sure though thanks.

Strat isnt going anywhere though. Has to be my favourite.
                      The electrics won't be so prone to problems as they are solid body and truss rod in the neck. Acoustics or any hollow instrument can warp or even crack with changes in temperature, often brought on by too much (or too little) humidity. I've heard of a cello which cracked all along the front while being wheeled along in it's case purely down to the moisture content of the wood. Some of the higher end caes will now come with a hygrometer so you can keep an eye on this. It's generally not so much of a problem in this country as we don't have so much extreme weather, but a regular old attic wouldn't be ideal as they go from fridge to furnace at different times of the year.

I hope that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by natnif View Post

The electrics won't be so prone to problems as they are solid body and truss rod in the neck. Acoustics or any hollow instrument can warp or even crack with changes in temperature, often brought on by too much (or too little) humidity. I've heard of a cello which cracked all along the front while being wheeled along in it's case purely down to the moisture content of the wood. Some of the higher end caes will now come with a hygrometer so you can keep an eye on this. It's generally not so much of a problem in this country as we don't have so much extreme weather, but a regular old attic wouldn't be ideal as they go from fridge to furnace at different times of the year.

I hope that helps!
                        Every days a schoolday! Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by -alan- View Post
                          Cracker guitars MH. I've never seen a DGT in that colour. That daphne blue Strat is something else too - have to ask, did it survive the various pogroms ?
                          Yep, I thinned the herd and even moved beyond reach for a while to help with chances of survival. Above are the precious few.

Regrettably culled the rest a couple of years ago due to lack of use and too much obvious value taking up space:

- Nashville ES335 dot.
                          - Tele deluxe.
                          - Lowden F23.

Lowden was a beaut. I’d like one again sometime. PRS custom 22 went in the cull too, and I wasn’t expecting to find myself with one again. I reduced to one - the K-Line Strat. But then managed to try the DGT before someone else snapped it up.

Comment

Guitar and amp landed today. I haven’t forgotten as much as I expected, but holy heck this Marshall 5w is loud af when you crank it up, even in 1w mode!
                            Attached Files

Comment

That looks the business. Nothing like new guitar day!

Comment

Nice one !

Comment

Working...
                                X