Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJ
    replied
    Not sure about that plan, but the last issue mentioned in that article is 100% accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Flet
    replied
    There's an interesting tidbit about EY's ‘1 Government Centre Project’ (1GC) in this article. I know it's the Indo and should probably come with an Irish State Media tag, and I was aware of some of the content in the proposal but the depth and scope of it - if this article is to be believed - is surprising. Must get a hold of the book.

I must say the pro-cash only people always raised a wry smile from me but if this was on the table at some point then I have to say they're not entirely wrong at all.

Meanwhile, the book also discloses details of a plan considered by government to develop a dystopian surveillance system using information CCTV, credit card transactions and mobile phone data to ensure people were adhering to social ­distancing rules.

Information from social media and banking data on takeaway habits was also to be collated and tracked under the strategy developed by consultancy firm EY.

“What emerged was an almost Orwellian plan, bizarrely dubbed 1 Government Centre (1GC),” the book says.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-41606011.html

Leave a comment:

• galwaygolf
    replied
    Flew BA to London last week, no mask wearing required and even the staff weren't wearing them. AL on the way home and they asked everyone to wear a mask.

Leave a comment:

• kdevitt
    replied
    Originally posted by PaddyMcGrath View Post
    Recent BA flight to / from Rome and they were very, very strict on not just mask wearing, but ensuring the masks were FFP2 / N95.
    Just looked it up and thats a country requirement - so flights to Italy and Austria require them.

Flew to Liverpool a while back and it was enforced getting on (any type of mask sufficed). You could take it off if you were eating or drinking - needless to say, a good chunk of people spent the whole flight sipping drinks.

Leave a comment:

• PaddyMcGrath
    replied
    Recent BA flight to / from Rome and they were very, very strict on not just mask wearing, but ensuring the masks were FFP2 / N95.

Leave a comment:

• Cold
    replied
    This was with KLM and there was certainly no Lufthansa-esque mask lecture at boarding and I just googled it, KLM apparently said a couple of weeks ago that they will not enforce it on flights. For some reason I thought this was regulated by somebody and there was no option to not wear.

Leave a comment:

• miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Cold View Post
    I know the CDC had to drop the mask requirement on flights in the last 24h but what is the story in the EU actually? I was on a few flights last week where there was certainly no 100% mask wearing and nobody cared. I don't know if it's just fading or something changed. In any event it's all a bit fictional as you invariably have it off for a decent stretch of a European flight anyhow to do the coffee and sandwiches bit.
    Lufthansa is strictly masks still, and strictly correct grade masks also. Just travelled with them the weekend gone to Frankfurt.

Ryanair still ask for masks at the boarding gate but its hit and miss with the staff on board if its regulated.

Leave a comment:

• SJ
    replied
    I don't believe there is any Irish legislation in effect. Airlines may have rules/requirements of passengers.

I kind of expect the US decision to be challenged, but if I understand rightly it was a regulation made by CDC and not legislation passed by congress, which is a bit dubious to my eyes. To be honest, I think that the vulnerability to constitutional challenge was a key factor behind our decision to drop mask requirements and replace with recommendations.
    Last edited by SJ; 19-04-2022, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cold
    replied
    I know the CDC had to drop the mask requirement on flights in the last 24h but what is the story in the EU actually? I was on a few flights last week where there was certainly no 100% mask wearing and nobody cared. I don't know if it's just fading or something changed. In any event it's all a bit fictional as you invariably have it off for a decent stretch of a European flight anyhow to do the coffee and sandwiches bit.

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    I noticed today that the US has passed the 1,000,000 deaths mark recently. It didn't even make headlines.

Leave a comment:

• Bazg2
    replied
    Originally posted by Titan View Post
    PCR test can detect the different strains I believe.
    but they don’t tell you?? Everyone that I know that had Covid around Xmas just gone, had different experiences be they vaccinated or not. I just felt a bit of a sore throat, bit of fever at night then chest infection/cough, it wasn’t any different to how any other chest infection I’ve had was. A lad in work, triple vaccinated, was floored by it, another not vaccinated, had like a stomach thing and it’s almost changed his appetite for certain foods which were his normal go to??

Leave a comment:

• mikerd4
    replied
    Both my wife and I had it and between us did 12 antigens before and after the positive pcr tests. All returned negative, and they were the hse Siemens type.
    our gp has zero faith in antigen testing and told my wife to take a negative antigen with a pinch of salt, if you have symptoms treat accordingly

Leave a comment:

• Titan
    replied
    PCR test can detect the different strains I believe.

Leave a comment:

• jdwals
    replied
    There definitely is another dose of something going around as my wife and 6 year old son ended up with it. So did her friend and two of her kids. A few other mothers my wife knows through the mommy network as well!

Scratchy throat and cough, feeling a bit rough but multiple antigens and pcr tests across the unofficial sample group all came back negative for covid.

School also indicated similar when we rang them to say we were keeping our son out for the week to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• Bazg2
    replied
    How do you know it was different variants?

Leave a comment:

Bottom of thread

Collapse
Working...
X