No announcement yet.

Covid-19 Pandemic - Alright everyone, back to The Pile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know the CDC had to drop the mask requirement on flights in the last 24h but what is the story in the EU actually? I was on a few flights last week where there was certainly no 100% mask wearing and nobody cared. I don't know if it's just fading or something changed. In any event it's all a bit fictional as you invariably have it off for a decent stretch of a European flight anyhow to do the coffee and sandwiches bit.

Comment

• I don't believe there is any Irish legislation in effect. Airlines may have rules/requirements of passengers.

I kind of expect the US decision to be challenged, but if I understand rightly it was a regulation made by CDC and not legislation passed by congress, which is a bit dubious to my eyes. To be honest, I think that the vulnerability to constitutional challenge was a key factor behind our decision to drop mask requirements and replace with recommendations.
      Last edited by SJ; 19-04-2022, 11:26 AM.
      "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cold View Post
        I know the CDC had to drop the mask requirement on flights in the last 24h but what is the story in the EU actually? I was on a few flights last week where there was certainly no 100% mask wearing and nobody cared. I don't know if it's just fading or something changed. In any event it's all a bit fictional as you invariably have it off for a decent stretch of a European flight anyhow to do the coffee and sandwiches bit.
        Lufthansa is strictly masks still, and strictly correct grade masks also. Just travelled with them the weekend gone to Frankfurt.

Ryanair still ask for masks at the boarding gate but its hit and miss with the staff on board if its regulated.

Comment

• This was with KLM and there was certainly no Lufthansa-esque mask lecture at boarding and I just googled it, KLM apparently said a couple of weeks ago that they will not enforce it on flights. For some reason I thought this was regulated by somebody and there was no option to not wear.

Comment

• Recent BA flight to / from Rome and they were very, very strict on not just mask wearing, but ensuring the masks were FFP2 / N95.
            Automotive Photographer
            http://www.pmcgphotos.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by PaddyMcGrath View Post
              Recent BA flight to / from Rome and they were very, very strict on not just mask wearing, but ensuring the masks were FFP2 / N95.
              Just looked it up and thats a country requirement - so flights to Italy and Austria require them.

Flew to Liverpool a while back and it was enforced getting on (any type of mask sufficed). You could take it off if you were eating or drinking - needless to say, a good chunk of people spent the whole flight sipping drinks.

Comment

• Flew BA to London last week, no mask wearing required and even the staff weren't wearing them. AL on the way home and they asked everyone to wear a mask.

Comment

• There's an interesting tidbit about EY's ‘1 Government Centre Project’ (1GC) in this article. I know it's the Indo and should probably come with an Irish State Media tag, and I was aware of some of the content in the proposal but the depth and scope of it - if this article is to be believed - is surprising. Must get a hold of the book.

I must say the pro-cash only people always raised a wry smile from me but if this was on the table at some point then I have to say they're not entirely wrong at all.

Meanwhile, the book also discloses details of a plan considered by government to develop a dystopian surveillance system using information CCTV, credit card transactions and mobile phone data to ensure people were adhering to social ­distancing rules.

Information from social media and banking data on takeaway habits was also to be collated and tracked under the strategy developed by consultancy firm EY.

“What emerged was an almost Orwellian plan, bizarrely dubbed 1 Government Centre (1GC),” the book says.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-41606011.html
                  1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
                  2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
                  2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring

Comment

• Not sure about that plan, but the last issue mentioned in that article is 100% accurate.
                    "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X