Covid-19 Pandemic - Alright everyone, back to The Pile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
    There is a body of thought that we should kill this thread and another body of thought that we should keep it going... I guess we can't agree on that either, lol.
    Keep it going, oh and the moderating of it too is very welcome. It doesn't go unnoticed. Kudos,

Comment

There is a body of thought that we should kill this thread and another body of thought that we should keep it going... I guess we can't agree on that either, lol.
      Well if pubs will be open from next week , Mods on here wont have as much to do or at least will be pissed enough to not care.

Seriously though, This thread has kept me sane all through covid.

Mark F really is a God.

I think it's a far more light hearted thread these days so keep it open I say.

foyler
      I agree with you 100%,
      but pre covid I believe the Guardai had the harder Job than any health care worker and that will return soon, Open pubs, more BHs fr gargle etc.

I was in for a minor operation during lock down #1.
      The hospital was fully staffed but complelty deserted, Nurses standing in groups having the craic and to go back to something I mentioned earlyer
      At the worst time of covid positive rates, Tallaght, an area with a population of 60k people had just 57 covid patients in the hospital.
      I'm not sure why any one believes the health service was over run. That never happend.
      I think the care home staff had the worst of it.

Guardai are frontline workers.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrcs9 View Post

Thats quite the rant, although not sure how you ended up with the above from my post....

Weren't you complaining about Irish alcoholics only a few days ago.

I remember reading in the thread on the death of internet forums that this this particular thread is toxic for anger and n fighting and not good for the site, based on your post above I have to agree, I think ill be ducking out of this particular thread again
        No offence meant 59 & sure a break from this thread is good for us all.
        I’ve been a bit ranty, opinionated & looking to cut off someone of thing of late , so no harm to give me a reminder tis only the internet and it’s other shite at the heart of it.
        I standby most of it btw, but not the tone or broad brush strokes so may as well apologise to the members of the force on here while I’m at it

Comment

• Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post

Well if pubs will be open from next week , Mods on here wont have as much to do or at least will be pissed enough to not care.

Seriously though, This thread has kept me sane all through covid.

Mark F really is a God.

I think it's a far more light hearted thread these days so keep it open I say.

foyler
          I agree with you 100%,
          but pre covid I believe the Guardai had the harder Job than any health care worker and that will return soon, Open pubs, more BHs fr gargle etc.

I was in for a minor operation during lock down #1.
          The hospital was fully staffed but complelty deserted, Nurses standing in groups having the craic and to go back to something I mentioned earlyer
          At the worst time of covid positive rates, Tallaght, an area with a population of 60k people had just 57 covid patients in the hospital.
          I'm not sure why any one believes the health service was over run. That never happend.
          I think the care home staff had the worst of it.

The idea of the lockdowns was to stop it being over run, how many were waiting 12hrs plus in a&e and on trollies prior to covid, it’ll ramp back up when silly accidents happen and all those cancelled and now necessary procedures start piling back up.
          I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

foyler
            I agree with you 100%,

Who are you, and what have you done with Smasher?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnBoy View Post

Who are you, and what have you done with Smasher?
              I nearly posted exactly that yesterday

Comment

• Smasher changed approximately 4 weeks after his second jab.
                The implant has obviously worked very well....
                😜

Comment

• I just cant win...... 🖕😂

Comment

• His kids must be really happy with the 5g coverage in his house ahouse.
                    jokes aside as with all forums why do people look in threads if it doesn't interest them. I for one think it's a great thread with a mix of opinions and facts. The thoughts of other outside Ireland aswell. As long as it stays amicable and people don't get nasty I don't see why it should be got rid of. The world is a worse place if we can't listen to opposing views and debate them.

Regards the bonus, I was being trained by an ambulance guy today, he thinks a bonus is madness. Who and where you draw the line will be very contentious.

Comment

• Or maybe people can just be happy that some people who worked very hard in difficult circumstances get a small reward for their efforts. The fact that it’s somehow an issue points to a pretty sad small mindedness. But then I’m not in a union so don’t suffer from such issues.

Comment

Or maybe people can just be happy that some people who worked very hard in difficult circumstances get a small reward for their efforts. The fact that it’s somehow an issue points to a pretty sad small mindedness. But then I’m not in a union so don’t suffer from such issues.
                        I think every one shod get a bonus either through a one off payment or one off tax credit.
                        We are in it together etc.

Comment

I think every one shod get a bonus either through a one off payment or one off tax credit.
                          We are in it together etc.
                          Well I worked quite happily from home and don't think there is any reason why I need a bonus. My son was swabbing people who suspected they had Covid. He should get a bonus. I think where the line is being drawn is difficult (why not Gardai, or bus drivers for example?) but it ought to be possible for everyone to agree that frontline health workers who exposed themselves to Covid in large viral loads definitely deserve a bonus if one is going. A tangible thank you from everyone else ought not to be spoiled by fighting over it.
                          sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• One thing I'm sure we can all agree on, whether we've agreed or disagreed with the handling of this thing so far, is that if the mooted relaxation coming this evening is the biggest we've seen in 2 years, that THIS IS A GREAT THING. Please god let this be the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                              One thing I'm sure we can all agree on, whether we've agreed or disagreed with the handling of this thing so far, is that if the mooted relaxation coming this evening is the biggest we've seen in 2 years, that THIS IS A GREAT THING. Please god let this be the end.
                              Absolutely. I actually have had the sense this was going to be over since the reports starting coming out of SA but please god let it really be over now, no Vax discrimination/hate, no vax passports, no table service only, no 8pm etc. Back to what it was before all this. And the end of in-fighting and nastiness here and everywhere.
                              sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Amen.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X