No announcement yet.

Covid-19 Pandemic - Alright everyone, back to The Pile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And even train drivers on Joe Duffy now looking for it along with shop workers and truck drivers,,,,, first time in a while i've been screaming at the car radio

Comment

• Originally posted by dubal View Post
      And even train drivers on Joe Duffy now looking for it along with shop workers and truck drivers,,,,, first time in a while i've been screaming at the car radio
      There will be a surge in vaccine uptake when they learn it will be linked to their status

Comment

• the bonus payment was mooted a while back. hugely problematic.. and unfair to all other essential services, private as well as public. If healthcare is to be singled out why not pay healthcare workers properly and improve working conditions? I get thats difficult but there doesn't even seem to be acknowledgement that it needs to happen, never mind a plan.

Comment

• I dont have issue with the bonus but if I was a Guarda or Fireman I'd be livid.

The bank holiday bothers me, it's just another day of piss up to put front line services under more pressure. Nonsensical.

Comment

• In what way or ways have the GardaI had a similarly tough time of it to healthcare workers, I’m open to correction but I would have thought with the whole country locked down for large swathes of the last 2 years, they’ve never had it as easy?

At least the hospitals appeared to be quieter between the surges, the poor feckers in the supermarkets got no breaks.

Comment

• Originally posted by foyler View Post
              In what way or ways have the GardaI had a similarly tough time of it to healthcare workers, I’m open to correction but I would have thought with the whole country locked down for large swathes of the last 2 years, they’ve never had it as easy?

At least the hospitals appeared to be quieter between the surges, the poor feckers in the supermarkets got no breaks.
              "The hospitals appeared to be quieter",
              You are right, so why then do health workers need a bonus if hospitals have been virtually empty?

Guardai have have continued doing their difficult jobs, arresting people, who rarely go quietly, disrupting home pubs and attending to public order incidents like protests etc Crime didnt go away and with regard to covid , your more exposed as a guard than in the controlled environment of a hospital.

Credit where its due, I was very pleased to see extra Guards at a time when nobody knew how bad this thing was going to be.

Takaway delivery drivers deserve a Bonus aswell
              😁

Comment

• The gardai as far as I could see were completely oblivious to the whole thing. Refusing to wear masks when it was common knowledge that they helped to stop transmission made my head spin seeing as they come into contact with so many people.
                Poor punctuation and spelling via iPhone keyboard & odd words here and there via autocorrect

Comment

• Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post
                  I dont have issue with the bonus but if I was a Guarda or Fireman I'd be livid.

The bank holiday bothers me, it's just another day of piss up to put front line services under more pressure. Nonsensical.
                  Exactly that, id say hospitals and guards were glad of a paddys day on a thursday as most back to work on a friday but now it'll be a big session weekend for some / a lot and the inevitable pressure on them.

Would have made more sense at easter or a random monday.

Comment

• 896 covid patients in hospital reported today
                    Discharges 87
                    Direct covid admissions 46
                    Hospital detected/incidental admissions 74
                    ICU 90 (at 8pm last night)

Comment

• Originally posted by wrcs9 View Post

Exactly that, id say hospitals and guards were glad of a paddys day on a thursday as most back to work on a friday but now it'll be a big session weekend for some / a lot and the inevitable pressure on them.

Maybe it's to make up for the cancelled Paddy's Day the last couple of years? We do have a bit of catching up to do on the ol drinking/partying.

Comment

• Restrictions gone, party from Wednesday to Sunday. It will be some weekend. Much catching up will be done.
                        sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Beaumont Hospital's Emergency Department wasn't quiet last week lads.
                          Sat in a chair overnight on Wednesday before I got my bed the next day
                          2005 Alfa 166 2.0TS Grigio Geo - Daily Driver
                          2001 Alfa 166 3.0 Proteo Rosso - The Beast - resting for now
                          2000 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Auto Verde Argo - the Baby
                          1999 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Grigio Nettuno - Track Car
                          1984 Alfasud 1.5 Gold Cloverleaf Florentine Copper - the other Baby

Comment

• Originally posted by wrcs9 View Post

Indeed sure why not wait until next January to avoid another Christmas surge or now that I think of it ,, let’s just leave all the nightclubs and pubs effectively closed forever , god forbid they might have to do their jobs…..

Renn , you listed a slight uptick in house parties etc, but what about ALL the other stuff that is normally a total head fcuk for them that just hasn’t been happening….concerts, big matches , nightlife and all its associated goodness, traffic, I haven’t seen the stats but would have thought nearly all, forms of crime are well down.

Also the gardai predominantly worked outdoors at a distance to joe public and wearing a uniform that should in theory command some form of respect……
                            although much like the Catholic Church, they are at some point going to have to come to the realisation that respect should be earned, not a given and their recent long long list of scandals, fcuk up, historical clustrfcuks & cover ups & abuse of powers & & & take your pick means they’re at an all time low in my estimation.

In fairness to healthcare, I think most of the quiet times were in the first few months when nobody knew what was coming and they wisely cleared the decks, not sure it’s been that quiet since, with catching up, variants, reopening etc.
                            I truly hope the aforementioned cleaners are not contracted out and get nothing while all those oft mentioned , but never whistleblown hse admin staff on huge wages & Bitcoin coated pensions get the €1k

Comment

• Originally posted by foyler View Post

Indeed sure why not wait until next January to avoid another Christmas surge or now that I think of it ,, let’s just leave all the nightclubs and pubs effectively closed forever , god forbid they might have to do their jobs…..

Thats quite the rant, although not sure how you ended up with the above from my post....

Weren't you complaining about Irish alcoholics only a few days ago.

I remember reading in the thread on the death of internet forums that this this particular thread is toxic for anger and n fighting and not good for the site, based on your post above I have to agree, I think ill be ducking out of this particular thread again

Comment

• There is a body of thought that we should kill this thread and another body of thought that we should keep it going... I guess we can't agree on that either, lol.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X