No announcement yet.

Covid-19 Pandemic - Alright everyone, back to The Pile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GWS Roarsbaby, and any others affected.

Comment

• Horrible Roarsbaby, I hope you get sorted soon!

Comment

• That's awful to hear. GWS Roarsbaby

Comment

• 1023 covid patients in hospital reported today
          Discharges 102
          Direct covid admissions 95
          Hospital detected/incidental admissions 58
          ICU 92 (as of 8pm last night)

Comment

• Sorry to hear Roarsbaby, get well soon.

Comment

• The HSE antigen reporting thing is live this morning if anyone wants to report officially. https://antigentesting.hse.ie/

Both kids are now positive here, the boy has a minor frog in his throat, has to cough to clear it every few hours kind of minor, the girl has been a bit tired, but only enough that she's not staying up late reading or the like.

Myself and the Mrs are testing each day and clear so far. fingers crossed it keeps going like this

Comment

• Originally posted by Roarsbaby View Post
                Renn did DM to qualify what he said. It’s the old thing of hard to read tone in a post. Either way it’s sad or funny which is generally what theatre is right?
                My original post was a bit bolshy. If there’s one thing we’ve
                learnt as that it’s a bloody complicated business.
                the young doctor who confirmed my CT scan that clots were found was quite sure it was vaccine injury. The doctor
                doing the rounds later was a bit slower to call it. In fairness,
                he wants to gather more data which I did admire as he didn’t jump to a conclusion. Upshot is I’ll be on oral blood thinners for about 6 months and more tests to try to get to the bottom of the cause (out patient tests/appointments).
                the mad thing is, is that I thought it was muscular at first
                amd squatter and deadlifted on Tuesday PM whilst already
                presenting the symptoms. Wednesday morning I was doubled over in pain, partner insists on doctors appointment, said doctor insisted on trip to A&E route suite.
                I've had PE (not vaccine related). It sounds likely that yours is vaccine related. The only thing to say is there's good evidence that the risk of DVT/PE are higher if you get Covid than if you get the vaccine. I'm honestly not sure I'd get a fourth dose if I were you. Something to discuss with a good doctor.

In terms of PE and medication - I found I was fatigued, especially when I was on the 2*15mg dose, so mind yourself. You're definitely at increased risk of harm if you have a major bleed, and you need to stay away from ibuprofen and aspirin.
                "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Comment

• changes to close contact rules:
                  https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/91...lose-contacts/

Comment

• Originally posted by Roarsbaby View Post
                    OK lads there’ll be no 4th dose for me.
                    In Beaumont with one or two blood clots in my right lung which developed 2 days or so after my booster
                    Change my mind
                    Some people are going to have adverse affects - always the way. That said, I think someone who had a bad vaccine reaction would probably fare really badly if they got virus.

Get well soon and take care.
                    https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• Are there any stats yet on how many of the covid patients, in hospital or ICU, are there now primarily because of the virus, or incidental? In the UK the number of incidental, or at least the primary reason for hospitalization not being covid has risen to 50% in London and 40+% in other parts. We should too be seeing this large increase.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJ View Post
                        These rules are too complicated. There are too many options for most people to study them and figure them out and apply them or guide/instruct their children. I'm sure they went through dozens of drafts with dozens of people inputting into them. That's what they look like anyway.
                        sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by SJ View Post

I've had PE (not vaccine related). It sounds likely that yours is vaccine related. The only thing to say is there's good evidence that the risk of DVT/PE are higher if you get Covid than if you get the vaccine. I'm honestly not sure I'd get a fourth dose if I were you. Something to discuss with a good doctor.

In terms of PE and medication - I found I was fatigued, especially when I was on the 2*15mg dose, so mind yourself. You're definitely at increased risk of harm if you have a major bleed, and you need to stay away from ibuprofen and aspirin.
                          On a population basis that might be true, but it's not the case that individual people who had a bad reaction to the vaccine would have been the same people who might have had clotting problems with covid. It depends of course on the specific vaccine.

@jc_cole, a couple of days ago, Leo was on Newstalk and he said that "NPHET have a very narrow definition of when a patient is hospitalised for covid as opposed to with covid", but that talking to frontline doctors as much as 30% of patients are there with, rather than for covid. This morning at a press conference, Paul Reid confirmed the 30% figure, and there was this article today in the Irish times;

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/heal...inds-1.4776322

I think its safe to say this is different to previous waves, and whatever the exact % is, a significant proportion of patients are there with, rather than because of, covid.

Comment

• Was going to post the above article - to be clear, NPHET asked for this work to be done before their next meeting. Hopefully the full study will be available before that.

Comment

• Thats good to know. I think its pretty clear from lots of evidence around the world now, that the issue this time is not vaccinations, unvaxxed v vaxxed v boosted, or the disease which essentially is producing hospital pressure no worse than a "normal" cold or flu season, but the rules we have developed to deal with more serious previous iterations of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                                Thats good to know. I think its pretty clear from lots of evidence around the world now, that the issue this time is not vaccinations, unvaxxed v vaxxed v boosted, or the disease which essentially is producing hospital pressure no worse than a "normal" cold or flu season, but the rules we have developed to deal with more serious previous iterations of it.
                                Yeah. In Spain they're talking about sample-based surveillance rather than testing to try to catch every case, which makes sense in an endemic phase.

It's worth saying that 'living with Covid' doesn't mean ignoring it, just to balance some of the more simplistic coverage the concept sometimes gets.

EDIT: I don't agree that vaccination rates are not an issue. One of the reasons we are doing OK is that we have good rates.
                                Last edited by SJ; 14-01-2022, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X