Covid-19 Pandemic - Alright everyone, back to The Pile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bloke View Post

The scan option just opens my camera. Am I to print it out so I can digitally photo it again?! There's no upload jpg/PDF option
    forward to your mrs, scan from her screen and do the same for her.

Comment

• Another Q peeps please.

The Mrs finally got a pcr and it came back positive today. So is that her ground zero positive in terms OD starting the 10 day isolation stopwatch. Or does the system acknowledge the PCR delay and let you backdate the beginning of your isolation to symptom onset or antigen positive?

Ditto close contacts. We will only be officially notified as close contacts over the next few days which, to the letter, would mean 10 further days out of school for our girls, from notification.

Comment

Another Q peeps please.

The Mrs finally got a pcr and it came back positive today. So is that her ground zero positive in terms OD starting the 10 day isolation stopwatch. Or does the system acknowledge the PCR delay and let you backdate the beginning of your isolation to symptom onset or antigen positive?

Ditto close contacts. We will only be officially notified as close contacts over the next few days which, to the letter, would mean 10 further days out of school for our girls, from notification.
        Isolation starts from first day of symptoms
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

• So just got off the phone with the helpline and the official line is that the clock starts now which is 5 days for me (3x antigen, no PCR cos I'm boosted) and (bizarrely) 17 days from now and a PCR for the vaccinated but not boosted teenagers!!

That's a bit crackers. Yer wan did acknowledge that the system doesn't count for PCR delays. She said talk to a GP about a more realistic isolation schedule taking symptoms and timing into account.

I presume anyway at the end of the day that people can (and do) ignore the advice or at least take it with a pinch of salt.
          ​​​​​

Comment

• Yes they do. Employers may not, though.

Comment

So just got off the phone with the helpline and the official line is that the clock starts now which is 5 days for me (3x antigen, no PCR cos I'm boosted) and (bizarrely) 17 days from now and a PCR for the vaccinated but not boosted teenagers!!

That's a bit crackers. Yer wan did acknowledge that the system doesn't count for PCR delays. She said talk to a GP about a more realistic isolation schedule taking symptoms and timing into account.

I presume anyway at the end of the day that people can (and do) ignore the advice or at least take it with a pinch of salt.
              ​​​​​
              Working off regular antigen tests is the best logic, i was still getting faint positives on antigens 11 days after symptoms started.

Comment

• I wonder how many of the workforce are off sick.

Every company I speak to has some one off with covid symptoms. Teachers and medics being most talked about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post
                  I wonder how many of the workforce are off sick.

Every company I speak to has some one off with covid symptoms. Teachers and medics being most talked about.
                  50% of my lads are out.

2 close contact,
                  1 negative on antigen but waiting pcr results but has symptoms.
                  1 on day 7 of self isolating

Great fun.
                  Last edited by Rob_Eng84; 07-01-2022, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob_Eng84 View Post

50% of my lads are out.

2 close contact,
                    1 negative on antigen but waiting pcr results but has symptoms.
                    1 on day 7 of self isolating

Great fun.
                    I had 1 out the week before crimbo, a confirmed covid case, I had to get tested myself but was negative and the first week back another guys wife has it so he is a close contact, no symptoms but playing it safe.
                    it's not a big deal really because they are the slowest weeks of the year in construction but I just wonder what % of the work force is off, obviously many genuine cases but theres allways a few acting the maggot.
                    Are sick notes from your doctor still a thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post

I had 1 out the week before crimbo, a confirmed covid case, I had to get tested myself but was negative and the first week back another guys wife has it so he is a close contact, no symptoms but playing it safe.
                      it's not a big deal really because they are the slowest weeks of the year in construction but I just wonder what % of the work force is off, obviously many genuine cases but theres allways a few acting the maggot.
                      Are sick notes from your doctor still a thing?
                      This week is quiet, but next week is crazy, as most of our work is reactive.

Get through this and next week and we should be OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by peadar View Post
                        Working off regular antigen tests is the best logic, i was still getting faint positives on antigens 11 days after symptoms started.
                        Same here. I was still positive on antigens after my isolation period finishing. No symptoms.

Comment

• 917 covid patients in hospital reported today, further reduction of 19 on yesterday, but would expect this to rise in tomorrow's and Monday's qty due to lower discharge rate at weekends
                          Discharges 124
                          Direct covid admissions 73
                          Hospital detected/incidental admissions 67
                          ICU 83 (as of 8pm last night) continuing its gradually reducing trend

Last edited by Mark F; 08-01-2022, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Anyone waiting longer than 48hrs for pcr test results, do they send texts on weekends?
                            I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

• Question:

I have had covid over the holidays, tested positive on several antigens but couldn’t get a PCR at any point. I’m now negative and out of my isolation period. I shouldn’t get a booster according to the guidelines and now that I am no longer positive I cannot get a positive PCR to show that I have had the plague and have now recovered.

How do I get my covid cert in order? Or is having two shots all I require at the moment?
                              Poor punctuation and spelling via iPhone keyboard & odd words here and there via autocorrect

Comment

• Funny I’d say you’ll be far far from alone in that predicament Smokey , it might actually be the point they decide, ah fcuk this for a game of soldiers, pcr/antigen/5/7/14 days isolation/COVID cert/health passport and say you’re grand , carry on ….. unless there’s a chance you’ve Omnicron 2.0

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X