Covid-19 Pandemic - Alright everyone, back to The Pile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deltona View Post
    We've millions of people unvaccinated in states/regions around the world to gather that data from, so I wouldn't look at the small group of unvaccinated in Ireland Renn.
    A lot of EU countries have good vaccination in cities, but very little vaccination away from cities.
    Or look at Israel with a huge vaccination program, neighbored by Palestine and other ME countries with a far lower vaccine uptake.
    Vaccine uptake in Ireland has been so high it stands in a very small group of countries globally (likely single digits) who also achieved high vaccination rates.
    Yes Fair point, I'm sure there will remain many millions unvacinated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post

Thanks Mark,

I'm going to querie these further if you dont mind, not for any paticular reason but I'm just curious.
      And the answer may not exist,
      but I have faith in you 😋

The in patient number for Tallaght , When have the patients been admitted and how long have those patients been in the hospital with covid.

RE, Crumlin children's hospital,

Same questions and do we know where the children have come from? they are obviously not all local to Crumlin.

And the ICU patient number of 1 in some hospitals, Is there more iCU capacity in those hospitals? Is the ICU capacity kept a a % of the hospitals capacity or per head of population or how is it provided to each county/hospital?

The reason I am curious to know is that the whole purpose of the covid control system now is to keep hospital numbers low but to my mind, considering the size of the organisation the number of admittance the the various hospitals are virtually non existent.

I'm not trying to down play the dangers of covid or suggest that this whole thing is a conspiracy by a lizard population trying to control us all with 5G.

It's just that the hospitals have never been able to cope during winter but I believe that a lot of people are staying away from hospitals because of covid even though they may be sick and would usually be adding to the winter over crowding, This is likely adding to the much needed capacity, but then we have things like staff calling in sick and the like but all in all, To my mind, it doent look all that bad considering it's a pandemic.
      The so far mild Winter must be helping.

How do numbers in hospitals look today, Vs 2018 for example??

Sorry Renn, don't know if the data your seeking is available/where to find it, if it is.

Comment

• Looks like I am about to become a stat, faint positive line on an antigen so on HSE site now tryingh to get a test. All booked out around Dublin and surrounding counties. One slot appeared fot tomorrow but was too slow on phone so using laptop now.

What a pain the proverbial. Feel fine and been walking 6/7k on the beach daily since christmas in 60/70 mins with no issues

Comment

• Is the booster booking site down for everyone else or just me?

https://covid19booster.healthservice.ie/

Seems walk ins are no longer a thing for the moment.
          https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• I've spent the last 7 days in isolation, with basically every Omicron symptom possible, the sickest I've been in recent memory, off the back of a house party on the 26th where we were all sat in a room for hours with 1 person that had covid. The majority of my mates started getting sick the same time as me and all tested positive eventually, and that party was the only indoor contact I have had with anyone other than immediate family since the 21st or so. I just got my PCR results back, and I'm negative. Baffled is an understatement! What a waste of time.

Comment

• Guy in works nephew tested positive on an antigen, negative on the subsequent pcr and then positive on another antigen. He had zero symptoms but did the first antigen as meeting up with family which seems to be how most are finding out at the moment.

Getting a pcr has been nigh on impossible, the q at the Kildare drive in testing station is insane today looking at pics that have appeared on social media

Comment

• Originally posted by Conorw89 View Post
                I've spent the last 7 days in isolation, with basically every Omicron symptom possible, the sickest I've been in recent memory, off the back of a house party on the 26th where we were all sat in a room for hours with 1 person that had covid. The majority of my mates started getting sick the same time as me and all tested positive eventually, and that party was the only indoor contact I have had with anyone other than immediate family since the 21st or so. I just got my PCR results back, and I'm negative. Baffled is an understatement! What a waste of time.
                I've heard a few similar stories though most had lesser symptoms - Omicron seems to come and go much quicker than Delta. I'm guess you were 'live' about 3-4 days after you were exposed and then produced positive Antigen results at home, but were free of it yesterday or the day before when you were PCR tested. If you didn't Antigen test, you probably contracted another virus

Comment

• Originally posted by Peterboxster View Post

I've heard a few similar stories though most had lesser symptoms - Omicron seems to come and go much quicker than Delta. I'm guess you were 'live' about 3-4 days after you were exposed and then produced positive Antigen results at home, but were free of it yesterday or the day before when you were PCR tested. If you didn't Antigen test, you probably contracted another virus
                  I never got a positive antigen either, took one every day from 27th-31st! Very strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
                    Guy in works nephew tested positive on an antigen, negative on the subsequent pcr and then positive on another antigen. He had zero symptoms but did the first antigen as meeting up with family which seems to be how most are finding out at the moment.

Getting a pcr has been nigh on impossible, the q at the Kildare drive in testing station is insane today looking at pics that have appeared on social media
                    Managed to get slot in Kildare at 3:30pm tomorrow at Moorefield GAA. I've locked myself in the playroom. Big flatscreen with all the streaming apps, couch and fold down double wall bed. Might actually get some peace and quiet.

Just worried about the youngwest who is scheduled to fly back to college in US on Saturday and needs a negative PCR. Might do another antigen later on of a different nrand and see what it says purely in the interest of science.

Comment

• Hopefully it doesn't cause you too many problems or issues Traco.

Good to hear your out the other side Conorw89, if you don't mind me asking was it like a bad flu?

Comment

• Originally posted by Titan View Post
                        Hopefully it doesn't cause you too many problems or issues Traco.

Good to hear your out the other side Conorw89, if you don't mind me asking was it like a bad flu?
                        Cheers. Pretty much, started with a sore throat and dry cough, then hot/cold flashes, a few sleepless nights, muscle aches and headaches, and now just congested with a cough which is easing off. Completely manageable in the grand scheme of things, but just a bit worrying at the time given what everyone knows about how covid can go!

Comment

• That's the thing with this thing.

I've known relatively young and healthy people catch it and been pretty sick with it while a couple in their mid 80's living over the road caught it and were relatively unaffected by it.

Those cases were Delta though,not sure if this latest version is any way better or worse.

Comment

• There was plenty of ways to get sick before covid and I guess they are still there to be got. The thing with the positive antigen tests and no symptoms seems to be pretty widespread at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conorw89 View Post

I never got a positive antigen either, took one every day from 27th-31st! Very strange.
                              I was laid up for 7 days during the summer, i was suffering every symptom of covid yet no positive test ever showed ,PCR or Antigen.
                              I am rarely ever sick so to be in bed for a week was most unusual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                                I read an interesting article which posited the possibility that Omicron is running in a tandem pandemic with Delta with a big advantage over Delta in the vaccinated and previously infected rather than displacing it. And speculated that, as previous infection with Delta was not much of a protection from Omicron, likewise Omicron infection might not offer much protection against a subsequent Delta infection. And that it isn't that it is more infectious, it is just must faster, which means that it will burn out faster. It kind of keeps on giving, this thing.

Here it is - from 23 December, which oddly seems an aeon ago in terms of understanding, so rapid is the progress of this thing.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...b-global-en-GB
                                This article kinda ruined my hope for the end of restrictions this year. With the "abundance of caution" world we live in.
                                Raises a lot of questions about vaccines as well.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X