No announcement yet.

Covid-19 Pandemic - Alright everyone, back to The Pile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of the 717 patients in Hospital, Is there a breakdown of which hospitals / location etc.
    Also with ICU patients are people being brought from rural locations to city hospitals and how far apart are the ICU patients geographically.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post
      Of the 717 patients in Hospital, Is there a breakdown of which hospitals / location etc.
      Also with ICU patients are people being brought from rural locations to city hospitals and how far apart are the ICU patients geographically.

Inpatients by hospital as of 8pm last night

ICU inpatients by hospital as at 8pm last night

Comment

• Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post
        Are we nearing point where it would be more beneficial to stop testing and put resources ,money, time effort etc into the Hospitals.
        Germany did that at some point during the year (stop testing and dismantle testing stations) and look where it's ended up for them: not looking good.

Now, it obviously doesn't help, that they have one of the lowest vaccination rates in Europe percentage wise.

/M

Comment

• Question for the sages.

The Mrs was feeling a bit under the weather so she took a series of antigen tests and got a positive. She's isolating now 48 hrs or so but can't get a PCR at all. She registered her antigen positive but it seems they're not doing any contact tracing on the back of it.

Where does that leave myself and the kids? Do we just antigen test ourselves and carry on, or are we obliged to self declare ourselves as close contacts and isolate?

Comment

• If you're in the same household as a person with symptoms, then you're in exactly the same boat as that person is until they're out of it. The clock starts the day they started having symptoms. The only difference is if you're boosted and not symptomatic, then you can exit after a few days as per the latest update. It's all on HSE's web site with each scenario reasonably well laid out. But in principle, all household members are treated the same. Contact tracing is really for people outside of the household.

Comment

• It's a little different for us as we are constantly lacking resources so tents full of them shoving things up people's noses is not ideal. If we all pitch in and do our own nose thing we can free them up to deal with sick people.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloke View Post
                Question for the sages.

The Mrs was feeling a bit under the weather so she took a series of antigen tests and got a positive. She's isolating now 48 hrs or so but can't get a PCR at all. She registered her antigen positive but it seems they're not doing any contact tracing on the back of it.

Where does that leave myself and the kids? Do we just antigen test ourselves and carry on, or are we obliged to self declare ourselves as close contacts and isolate?

It's a pain, but keep trying. I had a positive antigen yesterday morning and at 0830 after a while of refreshing local leinster counties I managed to get a PCR spot for this morning at the Curragh. In and out in less than 5 minutes.

Comment

• I don’t think a PCR test changes anything now. It will be positive. I guess you get free antigen tests for the household. The benefit with the PCR test previously was that it picked up an infection earlier but when it takes 3-4 days to get a result it’s basically meaningless from what I can tell. The antigen has already picked it up so herself is well into the infection now.

But like I said before, you’ll get a PCR test if you try and keep trying at midnight. If you want one.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                    I don’t think a PCR test changes anything now. It will be positive. I guess you get free antigen tests for the household. The benefit with the PCR test previously was that it picked up an infection earlier but when it takes 3-4 days to get a result it’s basically meaningless from what I can tell. The antigen has already picked it up so herself is well into the infection now.

But like I said before, you’ll get a PCR test if you try and keep trying at midnight. If you want one.
                    He could need something official for work/welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark F View Post

Inpatients by hospital as of 8pm last night

ICU inpatients by hospital as at 8pm last night

Thanks Mark,

I'm going to querie these further if you dont mind, not for any paticular reason but I'm just curious.
                      And the answer may not exist,
                      but I have faith in you 😋

The in patient number for Tallaght , When have the patients been admitted and how long have those patients been in the hospital with covid.

RE, Crumlin children's hospital,

Same questions and do we know where the children have come from? they are obviously not all local to Crumlin.

And the ICU patient number of 1 in some hospitals, Is there more iCU capacity in those hospitals? Is the ICU capacity kept a a % of the hospitals capacity or per head of population or how is it provided to each county/hospital?

The reason I am curious to know is that the whole purpose of the covid control system now is to keep hospital numbers low but to my mind, considering the size of the organisation the number of admittance the the various hospitals are virtually non existent.

I'm not trying to down play the dangers of covid or suggest that this whole thing is a conspiracy by a lizard population trying to control us all with 5G.

It's just that the hospitals have never been able to cope during winter but I believe that a lot of people are staying away from hospitals because of covid even though they may be sick and would usually be adding to the winter over crowding, This is likely adding to the much needed capacity, but then we have things like staff calling in sick and the like but all in all, To my mind, it doent look all that bad considering it's a pandemic.
                      The so far mild Winter must be helping.

How do numbers in hospitals look today, Vs 2018 for example??

Last edited by Rennwagen; 03-01-2022, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• I’m sure the number of infected or isolating staff isn’t helping either.

Comment

• I read an interesting article which posited the possibility that Omicron is running in a tandem pandemic with Delta with a big advantage over Delta in the vaccinated and previously infected rather than displacing it. And speculated that, as previous infection with Delta was not much of a protection from Omicron, likewise Omicron infection might not offer much protection against a subsequent Delta infection. And that it isn't that it is more infectious, it is just must faster, which means that it will burn out faster. It kind of keeps on giving, this thing.

Here it is - from 23 December, which oddly seems an aeon ago in terms of understanding, so rapid is the progress of this thing.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...b-global-en-GB
                          sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• I was in Crumlin 2 weeks ago, it looked empty when we walked in but in reality the place was crammed, they were just using all the day case corridors as waiting areas to space people out, there were 52 waiting on the doctor at 23.30. We sat opposite the check in area so could see/hear a lot of what was happening. One guy came in with his daughter at midnight, she had the standard covid symptoms but wasnt in any distress or difficulty. When told she would be better at home resting he said he wanted her to be given a pcr test so she could fly home in the morning. The receptionist told him if she got a pcr it wouldnt be valid for travel and given the waiting list he was unlikely to be out the door by the time he said they were flying. I also know a senior nurse there and she reckons Crumlin has had very little in the way of Covid related icu admissions in the last 6 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                              believe it or not, Last week I was going to suggest that Vaccinted people are more likely to contract omicron than unvacinated people.....

I know a higher percentage of people are vacinated now so that alleats likely but I think the last of the unvacinated people are actually very valuable now as Guinea pigs, to under stand what would be happening if we never had any vaccinations .

To have a clear picture of what is going on, we need some people who have never been jabbed.

Very interesting.

Comment

• We've millions of people unvaccinated in states/regions around the world to gather that data from, so I wouldn't look at the small group of unvaccinated in Ireland Renn.
                                A lot of EU countries have good vaccination in cities, but very little vaccination away from cities.
                                Or look at Israel with a huge vaccination program, neighbored by Palestine and other ME countries with a far lower vaccine uptake.
                                Vaccine uptake in Ireland has been so high it stands in a very small group of countries globally (likely single digits) who also achieved high vaccination rates.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X