Covid-19 Pandemic - Alright everyone, back to The Pile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post

If you’re still entitled to a test with the new guidelines, the way to get a test is to chase one online starting at midnight. That’s when the slots for the next 48h are released. The site gets totally overwhelmed with traffic for about 30-40 mins but if you keep at it, you should get a test appointment.

👍

Comment

• Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post
      They will.
      I am thankful that we live in and own a state that has had the ability to respond to this calamity in a very positive and proactive manner.
      Has any person or government on this island ever been faced with anything as threatening as this? Not since the great british Starvation have we faced such a prospect and I think in general it has been handled as well as could be.

I will be glad to see the back of it.
      Very true, although in thirty years time there will be some embarrassing stories told to grandkids about how their grandparents peddaled 5G, Lizard and oppression theories garnered from a social media research platform.

Unlike the stories we grew up with of a generation that lived through world wars and other such grim events.
      Our generations have it relatively easy ..

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by miller View Post
        Our generations have it relatively easy ..
        100%,

I suppose we should be thankful that adavnaces in technology and medicines and better appreciation of human suffering has made life much easier for us all, but in other ways, Most of society have become useless free loaders who have awful attitudes to life and expect everything for nothing.
        There are well off and healthy people who seem to live a miserable life of suffering, full of fresh food, wifi and central heating.

I'm not sure of the solution.

Comment

• 682 covid patients in hospital reported today
          Direct covid admissions 102
          Hospital detected/incidental admissions 61
          Discharges 87 (Discharge daily qty's increasing also - trend added to graph)
          ICU remains stable/declining 86

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post

If you’re still entitled to a test with the new guidelines, the way to get a test is to chase one online starting at midnight. That’s when the slots for the next 48h are released. The site gets totally overwhelmed with traffic for about 30-40 mins but if you keep at it, you should get a test appointment.
            Yeah that's what I did last night, managed to get one for tomorrow morning. I'm technically not supposed to as I'm still testing negative, but there are extenuating circumstances, as I'm expected a family bereavement in the new few days and really want to be able to attend the funeral, if possible.

Comment

• Ok good (and bad with the bereavement). As you can appreciate, getting a test result can also take a while at the moment. You’re talking 3-4 days to get a test and a result at the moment. Absolutely no harm in getting a proper test to avoid spreading this sh1t. The antigen tests are not exactly bulletproof but a decent backup.

Comment

• Just got my booster in the Sligo walk in clinic, army are managing it. In and out in the space of 5 mins, no appointment.

Comment

• So I got it somehow about 3 days back. Antigen confirmed and will get a pcr whenever spots open up.

Don't have it too bad thankfully. Fever and immense headache was one day and now it just feels like a bad whiskey hangover. I have been slamming the vit d3, k2, zinc, magnesium and nac since covid started, so hopefully this and the vax did their job with giving a relatively mild dose.

As we saw with Renn's cousin, someone half my age can end up in the ICU. So random unfortunately.

It's still a week of downtime at best. Not fun.

Comment

• 656 covid patients in hospital reported today
                    Discharges 115 - Discharge rate continues to increase and in last 24 hours were more than the total admissions
                    Direct covid admissions 53
                    Hospital detected/incidental admissions 52

Comment

• That graph combined with RTE saying the Christmas period has had more cases than the rest of 2021 combined tells an interesting story.

Comment

• Yeah I heard them reporting that statistic alright.

Sort of hard to believe but then when you see the daily test rate at capacity and those stats wouldn't include the conservative estimate that at least double the official positive rate or more, have Covid now.

Comment

• If you take that and look at a small ripple in hospitalisations, it has to be said that most everything needs to be re-evaluated. If it stays the same for a week or two of course.

Comment

• ^ There's a phrase used in flying training about the pilot needing to get 'ahead of the airplane' - being on top of things and in full control as opposed to simply struggling to keep up and trying the react to and cope with what's happening around him or her. I think it's safe to say this Omicron variant has now well and truly got far ahead of officialdom, and left them trailing in its wake. And maybe that's not something we need fear as much as we might have in the past.

Comment

• Over 50% infection rate in my house in the last week to 10 days. One other guy had it before. Only one shows in stats with official PCR, the rest verified by antigen.
                              sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

• 717 covid patients in hospital reported today
                                Discharges 40 - Weekend slow down in discharges nothing new
                                Direct covid admissions 70
                                Hospital detected/incidental admissions 48
                                ICU remains stable 87

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X