Covid-19 Pandemic - Alright everyone, back to The Pile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/...on-11-january/

School holidays extended by a few days so kids aren't back to school until the 11th.

Why do they persist on using the same language as ever, that schools are "safe spaces" ....then how did all the 5-11 year olds get infected?!! I really don't like the way we are treated like chilren with no minds of our own, it completely undermines any confidence in the government.

Comment

• Originally posted by natnif View Post
      https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/...on-11-january/

School holidays extended by a few days so kids aren't back to school until the 11th.

Why do they persist on using the same language as ever, that schools are "safe spaces" ....then how did all the 5-11 year olds get infected?!! I really don't like the way we are treated like chilren with no minds of our own, it completely undermines any confidence in the government.
      Published on 30 December 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by GeeTI View Post

Published on 30 December 2020
        oops! Sorry, it was sent to me so I didn't read it properly

Comment

Everybody is entitled to a brainfart in the malaise between Christmas and New Year
          https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/...-19-pandemic/#

Comment

• Ronan Glynn said

“many people, despite being boosted and having taken other measures to protect themselves will be infected with SARS-CoV-2. However, their booster will protect the vast majority from serious illness or hospitalisation, and it will help to protect our health service and critical care capacity,” he said.

Are we nearing point where it would be more beneficial to stop testing and put resources ,money, time effort etc into the Hospitals.

Why are the case numbers even relevant any more?
              Last edited by Rennwagen; 30-12-2021, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Lizard brains. 😋🤣

Comment

• Thats not complicated at all!

Comment

• Right now I’d say this ‘Government’ is but a hop skip and a jump away from recommending people stick to toast and flat Lucozade.
                    1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
                    2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
                    2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring

Comment

• Originally posted by Flet View Post
                      Right now I’d say this ‘Government’ is but a hop skip and a jump away from recommending people stick to toast and flat Lucozade.
                      and 2 spoons of sugar in your tea!

Comment

• Got my GP to book a PCR for me, got the text earlier, my appointment is for Jan 5th, 9 days after my initial symptoms. According to the new guidelines I will be out of isolation before it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post
                          Ronan Glynn said

“many people, despite being boosted and having taken other measures to protect themselves will be infected with SARS-CoV-2. However, their booster will protect the vast majority from serious illness or hospitalisation, and it will help to protect our health service and critical care capacity,” he said.

Are we nearing point where it would be more beneficial to stop testing and put resources ,money, time effort etc into the Hospitals.

Why are the case numbers even relevant any more?
                          indeed, 30 million a week on pcr.. take 20 million, there's a billion for hospital staffing

Comment

• I'm a few sherbets in at this stage but my 21 year old (soon to be 22) reckons her peers will all stop antigen testing once the festivities are over and they don't have to worry about grandparents etc

My own peer group a generation or two on seem to be saying let's crack on as its no longer a question of if but when we get it and if we are vaccinated and boosted then it's as good as it's going to get.

I think NPHET have lost the dressing room, most people have towed the line, vaccines are available so the majority have decided unofficially to crack on with life as best they can.

I reckon there are another 18-36 months to run down the clock on this but barring some total curve ball the current science will win through.

Post pandemic writings will provide interesting reading at the very least.

Comment

• They will.
                              I am thankful that we live in and own a state that has had the ability to respond to this calamity in a very positive and proactive manner.
                              Has any person or government on this island ever been faced with anything as threatening as this? Not since the great british Starvation have we faced such a prospect and I think in general it has been handled as well as could be.

I will be glad to see the back of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conorw89 View Post
                                Got my GP to book a PCR for me, got the text earlier, my appointment is for Jan 5th, 9 days after my initial symptoms. According to the new guidelines I will be out of isolation before it!
                                If you’re still entitled to a test with the new guidelines, the way to get a test is to chase one online starting at midnight. That’s when the slots for the next 48h are released. The site gets totally overwhelmed with traffic for about 30-40 mins but if you keep at it, you should get a test appointment.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X