Covid-19 Pandemic - Alright everyone, back to The Pile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Traco View Post
    We are due to fly from Florida on Monday and that testing is now a problem. They don't seem to have anything like we have at home where youc can walk in, pay your 90-130 and have it in 3-24 hours. Here it looks like 3-400 per test and maybe 48 hour turn around. Looks like a right kick in the goolies
    Yeah Walgreens or CVS are no good for travel. I've had the experience of rocking up for a test and casually asking them when I could expect a result and was told "oh typically 3-5 days". So I told them to keep their swab.

You need to look out for smaller "independent" health clinics/chains. I was coming from NC which is not quite the Florida level of minimal restrictions so I could find plenty of places to get tested.

Where abouts are you? If you are near Orlando, there is a place in Winter Park that gives you results in 3 hours for $165
    https://winterparkoncologylab.com/
    But I'm sure you can find similar all over the place.

Comment

• Just back in from an in/out day trip for work in Brum. Mask wearing has visibly increased there.

I do a lot of in out trips for a few hours, no chance to turn an antigen test around in a few hours plus work meeting. What an absolute faff

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Comment

• It'll be interesting to see how it pans out, how long the testing on arrival remains in place. I've a week-long trio to the UK coming up, for which a quick antigen is no prob at the end. But hoping for a couple of day trips to UK and Paris in Jan. Hopefully in a few weeks they decide Omicron ain't too bad!
        Sent from my Computer using a fcuking keyboard

Comment

• Why cant they do the testing in the airports? Antigen only takes 30 minutes.

Comment

• In other news I just had my 3rd negative PCR of the autumn. I have just enough human interaction through work that I have to take every cough, wheeze and sniffle seriously. And I'm allergic to EVERYTHING! Pain in the hoop but I met a guy in the queue who works in heathcare and was on his way in for his 38th test since it all kicked off!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
              Why cant they do the testing in the airports? Antigen only takes 30 minutes.
              Makes sense doesn't it.

Comment

• Surely there are testing services at practically every airport for exactly that reason?

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                  Surely there are testing services at practically every airport for exactly that reason?
                  And ferries??

Comment

• Originally posted by JPW View Post
                    I met a guy in the queue who works in heathcare and was on his way in for his 38th test since it all kicked off!
                    Jesus he has well and truly earned his lollipop from the doctor after all of that,he must have been tested every few weeks since this all started.

Comment

• A friend works for boots Ireland, they have made over 1.5 million on pcr testing alone

Comment

• Originally posted by JPW View Post
                        It'll be interesting to see how it pans out, how long the testing on arrival remains in place. I've a week-long trio to the UK coming up, for which a quick antigen is no prob at the end. But hoping for a couple of day trips to UK and Paris in Jan. Hopefully in a few weeks they decide Omicron ain't too bad!
                        Looking at the form so far I joked with the wife tonight that it'll still be in place at Christmas to try and stem any surge over Christmas and New Year from people traveling back to Ireland.
                        Of course the pragmatist in me says that even if they did persist with pre-travel testing it wouldn't have much impact on spread over the holiday period given how transmissible the likes of Delta and Omicron are.

Comment

• I would be utterly amazed if the test requirement is temporary. It will easily remain over the winter months. Getting an antigen test done is no biggie, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by conneem View Post

Yeah Walgreens or CVS are no good for travel. I've had the experience of rocking up for a test and casually asking them when I could expect a result and was told "oh typically 3-5 days". So I told them to keep their swab.

You need to look out for smaller "independent" health clinics/chains. I was coming from NC which is not quite the Florida level of minimal restrictions so I could find plenty of places to get tested.

Where abouts are you? If you are near Orlando, there is a place in Winter Park that gives you results in 3 hours for $165
                            https://winterparkoncologylab.com/
                            But I'm sure you can find similar all over the place.
                            I'm in Naples in South West Florida. Did some looking this morning and it's typical American rip off BS. Only quick options I found were come to your location for $400+ or some other messing with self test and FedEx for $200+.

Will be some crack for four of us. Here is one as an example. Airport in Tampa had testing a while back but can't see it offered now.

UK has quarantine for 2 or 3 days then get a PCR test. Just dropped my daughter's college buddy to the airport this morning as she's heading back to UK.

Comment

• That's the issue with the pre test before you fly, if it's positive you are stuck. The uk approach seems to be more about tracking and finding it than stopping people travelling

Comment

• If you’re hanging out in Florida in December, perhaps not the worst thing that could happen. You’d nearly lick some railings.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X