No announcement yet.

Covid-19 Pandemic - Alright everyone, back to The Pile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Ive seen of it, absolutely nothing on the UK news that Ive seen about it. The bulk of it over here is getting people to wear masks again and the government saying once they know more about omicron all measures will be lifted again in 3 weeks time.

Comment

• Latest NI heat map

Comment

• ROI/NI comparison

Comment

• Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
          First Ive seen of it, absolutely nothing on the UK news that Ive seen about it. The bulk of it over here is getting people to wear masks again and the government saying once they know more about omicron all measures will be lifted again in 3 weeks time.
          I was actually over in Liverpool at the weekend - its felt as if Covid has never happened there. Everywhere was jam packed, almost zero masks or distancing in place anywhere. I can imagine it might be difficult to get the mask wearing back in place.

Interestingly, turned up at Anfield and they had free antigen testing for whoever wanted it - brother was handed two boxes of tests for free (14 individual tests). Every single pharmacy had adverts up for free antigen tests kits too.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdevitt View Post

I was actually over in Liverpool at the weekend - its felt as if Covid has never happened there. Everywhere was jam packed, almost zero masks or distancing in place anywhere. I can imagine it might be difficult to get the mask wearing back in place.

Interestingly, turned up at Anfield and they had free antigen testing for whoever wanted it - brother was handed two boxes of tests for free (14 individual tests). Every single pharmacy had adverts up for free antigen tests kits too.
            That's surely the best way to do it?

I'm heading there in Feb Vs Leicester , I hope these restrictions dont get out of hand.

Comment

• We are due to fly from Florida on Monday and that testing is now a problem. They don't seem to have anything like we have at home where youc can walk in, pay your 90-130 and have it in 3-24 hours. Here it looks like 3-400 per test and maybe 48 hour turn around. Looks like a right kick in the goolies

Comment

• Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post

That's surely the best way to do it?

I'm heading there in Feb Vs Leicester , I hope these restrictions dont get out of hand.
                Yeah it was great - first bit of normality in two years.

Comment

• Yeah I was in a outlet shopping centre and I was in the minority wearing a mask and there were thousands of people milling about. Went to the supermarket today and nearly everyone was wearing one.
                  Listening to the radio and there are fines of £200 for not wearing one where its mandatory but you can self cert that you dont have to wear one for medical reasons so its a bit pointless

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark F View Post
                    Hello blackness my old friend...
                    "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
                    "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by hi-rev View Post

Hello blackness my old friend...
                      I was thinking something from a slightly more 'fk-u Covid and the undercooked bat you rode into town on' perspective..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA
                      Last edited by -alan-; 30-11-2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Traco View Post
                        We are due to fly from Florida on Monday and that testing is now a problem. They don't seem to have anything like we have at home where youc can walk in, pay your 90-130 and have it in 3-24 hours. Here it looks like 3-400 per test and maybe 48 hour turn around. Looks like a right kick in the goolies
                        Same here, I’m flying home Friday….struggling to find a pcr for travel test.

Comment

• What happens if you arrive back not having had one? Claim ignorance of not knowing about needing one or that you simply couldnt get one done?

Comment

• I've binned our family weekend trip to Germany next week, the little one would need to quarantine for 5 days and then paying for PCR's.... Urgh

Comment

• Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
                              What happens if you arrive back not having had one? Claim ignorance of not knowing about needing one or that you simply couldnt get one done?
                              You won't get on the flight without it but what happens is that you end up in mandatory quarantine. This used to be the process at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rochey View Post
                                I've binned our family weekend trip to Germany next week, the little one would need to quarantine for 5 days and then paying for PCR's.... Urgh
                                Antigen is sufficient so not too bad but yes a pain.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X