Are you getting your packages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you getting your packages?

Iv ordered loads of stuff in the past 8 weeks and haven't received one yet. The last order I got was from Amazon the other orders are eBay.

Have others had this happen or similar experience?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Have had three parcels sent back to the sender because An Post are acting the :D:D:D:D:D:D with customs declarations.

Comment

Brexit is to blame

Comment

Two items bought off Amazon uk fulfilled by Amazon EU and they never got past customs clearance.

Comment

if you orders are landing with An Post you are fooked.... its a total disgrace of an organization...

While trying to trace 2 packages I contacted a guy I know who works in the Nangor road..... several days of him looking to be told "thats lost"... tough luck... It was scanned in but then gone.....

Comment

An Post had the contract for Amazon......a lucrative contract no doubt.... and no surprise lost it...... classic lack of accountability mess of a company

Comment

Originally posted by kdevitt View Post
              Have had three parcels sent back to the sender because An Post are acting the with customs declarations.
              Same here. A package took 1 week to come from Japan, then sat with customs for 2 weeks before they decided to send it back due to the declaration not meeting their requirements. They did not inform me about anything and only discovered what had happened after I rang asking what was the hold up. Wouldn't give me any details on what was missing, so that I could help the seller ensure it made it through when they resend it. Very frustrating.

Comment

My parcel was send back because the street address wasn't written fully... there was a massive EIRCODE written on the parcel but why would they look at that right ?
                Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

I'm not seeing problems yet. A winparts.ie order from NL arrived within 6 days once shipped, UPS too which is usually a sh1tshow but they seem better since buying nightline. Wife ordered some amazon UK stuff, most likely "fulfilled by" as her stuff tends to be. I think that took maybe between 1 and 2 weeks from our friendly postie.
                  Is this a regional problem with an post? Could they be completely overwhelmed with packages needing clearance with nowhere to store them, so fook it send it back?
                  I'm personally trying to avoid anything with a mere whiff of the UK.

Comment

So at least we're all in it together 😂

Regional wise I'm in Meath, which presumably is under Dublin's sorting and customs.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting mine just fine - though one of the postmen is a bit of a lazy Ninja - doesn't use the An Post post delivery box we had installed and left the "sorry you were out" slip for registered post even though we were both in. I think he's a stand in for when the others are out, because most the time it's grand, stuff is left in the delivery box.

The eircode thing boils my wee. Had a parcel from the US sent all the way back to the US because a single line was missing - even though anyone with a basic knowledge of Irish places would know where it was intended for and IT HAD AN EIRCODE!

As for An Post losing the Amazon contract - they didn't lose it so much as Amazon set up its own distro centre and has its own drivers in Ireland now. They even deliver on a Sunday.
                      https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

I had an ebay purchase sit in customs for 2 weeks and then get sent back to UK, ended up getting it sent up North to a friend, think I'll be doing the same in the future. As for Amazon have had no hassle with stuff coming through
                        PeeSpeed Photography

Comment

This is boring - sorry in advance - the main issue at the moment is non EU deliveries. An Post are insistent on an electronic CN23 customs declaration being made with the correct taric code. Thing is, a CN23 is only needed for values over €250 I think - so a CN22 declaration should suffice. They don’t care, so just return the items to the sender.

An Post keep blaming Revenue - Revenue say it’s purely down to An Post being a screw up. I’ve had two parcels sent back to Japan and one to NZ - loads of people are impacted. I’d imagine it’s having a knock on effect on all their services.

Comment

yup addresspal package missing 5 weeks,customer care non existant

Comment

Just had something returned to Aus, initially it show customs were returning it, the next thing it was with an post, two days later they would 'attempt to return to sender' as they were unable to deliver.

More like couldn't be arsed, postie just leaves mail in my jeep, they didn't even bother to send it down the country.

On an post website it says please be patient as staff are working from home, maybe that's the problem!
                              Justin.

scimitar resto https://www.flickr.com/photos/147918...57687265253636

TR6 resto EFI conversion https://www.flickr.com/photos/147918...57712947056502

Comment

Working...
                              X