Lismore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lismore

Just landed here this evening for a few days with the family, lads ALIVE, what a place!!!! I can't believe I never paid attention to it before this. I'd heard it was nice and had been on the periphery but.. Jésus Christ's, I had no idea. I can't wait to get up tomorrow and explore proper.

Had aimed for the vee driving down but the road is actually closed in all directions. Not a good sign of it was a traffic accident

I’ve driven past there a few times and based on the landscape and the castle I sort of added it to the list of places to explore. Great to hear a positive report!
    1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
    2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
    2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring

Comment

Lovely town,don't live far from it.The park is gorgeous on a summers day.Tallow and Cappoquin either side of it are nice villages to and your not far from Dungarvan,Youghal and Fermoy.

There a big Monastery just outside Cappoquin which worth a look and I believe there after starting guided walks around the country side from there,not 100% sure there running at the moment.The grotto that was on the news back in the 80's for the moving statue is also on that road.Leahy open farm be about 15 mins from tallow if family be into that.

Bad pic but this Arch and bridge are just outside Cappoquin as well on a small back road.

Comment

The bridge above is Dromona Gate, nice spot for a few pics. Nice bit of history/story to it https://www.discoverireland.ie/waterford/dromana-gate

Re. The Vee being closed, think the crash on Saturday evening may have be close by
        PeeSpeed Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Speedy View Post
          The bridge above is Dromona Gate, nice spot for a few pics. Nice bit of history/story to it https://www.discoverireland.ie/waterford/dromana-gate

Re. The Vee being closed, think the crash on Saturday evening may have be close by
          The bridge is in the news today.I'd love know what the 10 cars are.

Investigation into dumping of cars in River Blackwater (irishexaminer.com)

Comment

Thinking of heading to Lismore this weekend. Any recommendations for a really good place to grab lunch?

Comment

Foley's is probably your best bet.I wasn't there with a while but found it was very good.

Home - Foley's On The MallFoley's On The Mall | Good Food and Drink, in Lismore, Co. Waterford. (foleysonthemall.ie)

Comment

Working...
              X