Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike205
    replied
    Aungier Street is blocked in Dublin city centre again... This is beyond ridiculous but luckily doesn't affect me at all.

Leave a comment:

• admredux
    replied
    Ah someone sent me an image today that makes infinitely more sense with this context !

Captioned:Jobless cnuts whinging about refugees!

Sent from my SM-A525F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jdf
    replied
    What are they protesting?

They are being fed lies by Nazis looking to sew division and capitalise on a vacuum in social conversations.

Forget calling them far right. The people behind these movements are the tip of the spear.

Leave a comment:

• Mike205
    replied
    Originally posted by admredux View Post
    What are they protesting about anyways ?

I honestly don't want to know and don't care

Originally posted by Traco View Post
    The blocked the M50 and M1 at the junction and roundabout also.

The tossers should be exchanged for refugees, useless fecking sheep 🐑
    They blocked the Luas close to Connolly yesterday. Like honestly how is this allowed

Leave a comment:

• admredux
    replied
    What are they protesting about anyways ?

Leave a comment:

• Traco
    replied
    The blocked the M50 and M1 at the junction and roundabout also.

The tossers should be exchanged for refugees, useless fecking sheep 🐑

Leave a comment:

• Jeremy Taxman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike205 View Post
    Literary DOZEN of w*&ers blocking traffic on Aungier Street preventing hundreds of people trying to get about with their lives hoping to get home after work. All while Gardai watching... Like seriously how is this allowed? You can basically stand in the middle of the road in your local area blocking absolutely everyone and it's perfectly ok as long as you call this a "protest" ?
    I hate Aungier street nazis.

Leave a comment:

• Cold
    replied
    I love the expression “rocket and feather”. I also love the correlation between the data below and my gas and electricity bills. I’m nearly certain they’re not 45% lower than a year ago.

9A68FA2C-D52E-4C60-A18A-0369B406F2C4.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Mike205
    replied
    Literary DOZEN of w*&ers blocking traffic on Aungier Street preventing hundreds of people trying to get about with their lives hoping to get home after work. All while Gardai watching... Like seriously how is this allowed? You can basically stand in the middle of the road in your local area blocking absolutely everyone and it's perfectly ok as long as you call this a "protest" ?

Leave a comment:

• admredux
    replied
    Originally posted by -alan- View Post

As Crank says..

You never get through a career without having to deal with some serious @ssholes dude - both above and below you. Learning to manage your boss is one of the things you really have to do if you want to thrive in (or perhaps at times, just even tolerate) work.

Think of it as your next challenge
    Cheers lads, If I could figure out multi quote it'd be great.

I recently got upped to a new supervisor and it's great but I stupidly agreed to fill in my old role until they replace me. Let's just say it's fun working two jobs for the one cheque !

I shouldn't complain but my old boss had fallen out of favour and is trying hard to get back to the table,often at our expense, undermining our efforts etc.

The politicking getting in the way of real work!

Meh first world problems I guess!

Last edited by admredux; 31-01-2023, 04:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Aontroim
    replied
    Originally posted by Flet View Post
    I don't know everyone is so up in arms about de forrners because everyone on this forum should be overjoyed about people from outside of Ireland coming here because many have an actual interest in cars, having nice cars and keeping them that way. Whatever the current generation is called seems to have zero interest in cars, probably traumatised from years of RSA shock ads on the telly.

My (Irish) neighbours have a never washed five year old Zanussi White Dacia Duster and one of them cargo bike thingys on the driveway. It would just depress the living jaysus out of you. But the German chap down the road has a nicely modded Mk5 estate Golf, the English fella across the street has a really nice commercial Discovery and one of them new Defenders, another English guy has a few Caravelles/Transporters that he seems to flip every now and then. Shared house with a bunch of Polish fellas a few houses away has what seems like every generation of 5-Series outside, changing frequently. French guy up the road has three hydropneumatic era Citröens, a Dutch fella a few streets away has one of them tiny Suzuki Carry vans and believe it or not a WW2 Willys jeep. I mean they're not really really nice cars etc but they're just that little bit different.
    Agreed. I see people moving to Ireland as a good thing both socially and economically.

I attribute a lot of the negative aspects of our culture to us being historically insular or isolated (hence 'small-town attitude' side to our culture). People coming here with different perspectives, opinions and experiences can help our culture to expand and change (hopefully for the better)*.

As you say, from an automotive perspective, just being different is good for people to see- there are other options out there!

*There are also a lot of great things about our culture too but... we could do better like.

Leave a comment:

• Flet
    replied
    I don't know everyone is so up in arms about de forrners because everyone on this forum should be overjoyed about people from outside of Ireland coming here because many have an actual interest in cars, having nice cars and keeping them that way. Whatever the current generation is called seems to have zero interest in cars, probably traumatised from years of RSA shock ads on the telly.

My (Irish) neighbours have a never washed five year old Zanussi White Dacia Duster and one of them cargo bike thingys on the driveway. It would just depress the living jaysus out of you. But the German chap down the road has a nicely modded Mk5 estate Golf, the English fella across the street has a really nice commercial Discovery and one of them new Defenders, another English guy has a few Caravelles/Transporters that he seems to flip every now and then. Shared house with a bunch of Polish fellas a few houses away has what seems like every generation of 5-Series outside, changing frequently. French guy up the road has three hydropneumatic era Citröens, a Dutch fella a few streets away has one of them tiny Suzuki Carry vans and believe it or not a WW2 Willys jeep. I mean they're not really really nice cars etc but they're just that little bit different.

Leave a comment:

• Roarsbaby
    replied
    Originally posted by Sideline View Post

I had this yesterday, I had to plant the car to the road to avoid a car that was meeting a man running along the road and the car pulled out in front of me to go past him. What sort of person would risk a head on collision instead of stopping for a less than a minute. It’s a good job I kind of anticipated it as it was on a straight stretch of road. I felt sorry for the runner as I must have deafened him with my horn and it was no fault of his.
    Yes but he got there first! (I think this is the mindset or they're a bit of a 'bungalow')

Leave a comment:

• -alan-
    replied
    The great unwashed !

There are some very ignorant folks out there!

Good manners for people who like to say fck is a regular audio book I pop on. Soothes the soul!

I'm really trying to learn to react less to stimuli at work as I can have trouble letting it creep over into home life.

I've a very controlling super at the min and need to keep stum to keep moving up !

But I think dread is my default these days, it's sad as it's the role I've worked for, for years but one personality is driving me cracked!

As Crank says..

You never get through a career without having to deal with some serious @ssholes dude - both above and below you. Learning to manage your boss is one of the things you really have to do if you want to thrive in (or perhaps at times, just even tolerate) work.

Think of it as your next challenge

Leave a comment:

• crank_case
    replied
    The great unwashed !

There are some very ignorant folks out there!

Good manners for people who like to say fck is a regular audio book I pop on. Soothes the soul!

I'm really trying to learn to react less to stimuli at work as I can have trouble letting it creep over into home life.

I've a very controlling super at the min and need to keep stum to keep moving up !

But I think dread is my default these days, it's sad as it's the role I've worked for, for years but one personality is driving me cracked!

It's the old saying, people don't leave jobs, they leave managers.

Leave a comment:

Bottom of thread

Collapse
Working...
X