X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eoin
    replied
    Originally posted by blascae111 View Post

Was inspiration i was looking for. Just a look to see if there are any new boys toys that i hadnt thought of.
    Few of these lego cars may be purchased https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/...r-set/p/203970
    They are cool little builds highly recommended they look lovely on display!

Leave a comment:

• crank_case
    replied
    That's pretty cool, I'm sure any young petrolhead will love that.

Leave a comment:

• blascae111
    replied
    Originally posted by crank_case View Post
    Just search for the toy or category of they like, how hard is that? e.g. Construction and Cars...)
    Was inspiration i was looking for. Just a look to see if there are any new boys toys that i hadnt thought of.
    Few of these lego cars may be purchased https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/...r-set/p/203970

Leave a comment:

• crank_case
    replied
    Just search for the toy or category of they like, how hard is that? e.g. Construction and Cars...

Storm in a juice cup lads..

They should remove the baby toys category though, cos that's ageist.

Leave a comment:

• Mike205
    replied
    Originally posted by blascae111 View Post
    On the Smyths Toystore app they have gotten rid of the Boys / Girls toys filter on the gift finder. So all toys are for all genders now and I have to scroll past pages of dolls and my little pony to find something for my young lads. My god this world is falling apart around us.
    That is hilarious and sooo inconvenient. I would love to know if there was even 1 person who complained about the Boys/Girls filter before.

Leave a comment:

• Aontroim
    replied
    Originally posted by TRD3000GT View Post

She got her own policy in her name only, from the same insurance company for 400 euro , would not quote her with the learner permit , logic does not add up

I went to a competitor of there's , got the renewal for 50% less (Wife as a named driver)
    I've found that most mid-policy adjustment leads to them price-gouging.

I once changed from one car to another, price went up. Then I changed back to the original car... price went up again (despite this being the previously less loaded one).

I know risks/the market fluctuates but I'm sorry, I'm not buying it. Opportunity and incentive...

Leave a comment:

• TRD3000GT
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnRA View Post

It'll be loaded until she has finished her "N" plates period. As you say, it used to mean competent to drive alone. Now they view it as last week driving accompanied with a full license driver and this week they're out on their own with no supervision so are a higher risk.
    She got her own policy in her name only, from the same insurance company for 400 euro , would not quote her with the learner permit , logic does not add up

I went to a competitor of there's , got the renewal for 50% less (Wife as a named driver)

Leave a comment:

• JohnRA
    replied
    Originally posted by TRD3000GT View Post
    My wife passed her Full license , updated the insurance policy ; 106 euro loading , due to having the full license she is a liability & higher risk

Never came across it, full license always lowered a premium in my experience

Any excuse to price gouge
    It'll be loaded until she has finished her "N" plates period. As you say, it used to mean competent to drive alone. Now they view it as last week driving accompanied with a full license driver and this week they're out on their own with no supervision so are a higher risk.

Leave a comment:

• blascae111
    replied
    On the Smyths Toystore app they have gotten rid of the Boys / Girls toys filter on the gift finder. So all toys are for all genders now and I have to scroll past pages of dolls and my little pony to find something for my young lads. My god this world is falling apart around us.

Leave a comment:

• TRD3000GT
    replied

My wife passed her Full license , updated the insurance policy ; 106 euro loading , due to having the full license she is a liability & higher risk

Never came across it, full license always lowered a premium in my experience

Any excuse to price gouge

Leave a comment:

• Cold
    replied
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• charlie
    replied
    Originally posted by crank_case View Post

At this rate it's just going to descend into a never ending Festival of idiots all year round at some point.
    You must have missed the memo. It's already happened.

Leave a comment:

• Titan
    replied
    I'm just amazed people are able to spend money on fireworks.

Last time I looked, a number of years ago admittedly, you could easily end
    up handing over more than a few hundred for fireworks that might last you half an hour of
    sparkly fun.

Leave a comment:

• crank_case
    replied
    It's over a month from Haloween and eejits are setting off fireworks after midnight. I mean it's kinda utterly mental that a Guy Fawkes tradition got co-opted into Irish Halloween when you think about it to begin with, but just like how the first whiffs of Christmas seem to start in August these days, the scrotes favorite season for causing the fire brigade hassle and giving everyone else PTSD seems to extend a bit every year.

At this rate it's just going to descend into a never ending Festivus of idiots all year round at some point.

Leave a comment:

• -alan-
    replied
    ^ Had I been driving - or had said Hackney warrior been delayed at traffic lights long enough for the L-plated car to catch up - rust me Roar, a similarly motivated 'frank and forthright' discussion would have ensued

Leave a comment:

Bottom of thread

Collapse
Working...
X