X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Taxman
    replied
    Originally posted by the drifter View Post

id a fella stop me after the dumbell roundabouts on the dock road in limerick one day, after i beeped him as he pulled over on top of me, he preceded to tell me i was in the wrong lane and he had the right of way, i informed him he didnt and if he wanted to check, its in 5ft white letters on the ing road what lane you are supposed to be in!
    LOl, every day there's someone doing those wrong. Nobody checks the road markings.

Leave a comment:

• Mike205
    replied
    Originally posted by deltona View Post
    Yeah, once people understand to be in the correct lane approaching the roundabout that setup works a dream and keeps traffic moving in most situations.
    It's very challenging when you want to do a U-turn as you need to constantly moving towards the centre of the roundabout. It's much easier if you don't pay attention to the lines.

Leave a comment:

• deltona
    replied
    Yeah, once people understand to be in the correct lane approaching the roundabout that setup works a dream and keeps traffic moving in most situations.

Leave a comment:

• hi-rev
    replied
    In theory.
    In practice, the actual road layout makes you make a rapid directional change on entry, meaning people try to drive through on the more comfortable racing line, bypassing several lanes.
    And as the lines are now all gone (were, it hasbeen a while since I drove them) people just drive through with their eyes closed.

Leave a comment:

• Wrasslers
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike205 View Post

Those ones are quite good when you understand them. You just get in the correct lane approaching the roundabout and it spits you out at your exit without you having to change lanes.

Leave a comment:

• Mike205
    replied
    Originally posted by Aontroim View Post

I wouldn't be familiar with the area so forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick but if it's the style of roundabout I'm thinking of, I would get into the correct lane at the entrance to the roundabout (as dictated by sign/road markings) and then keep one of the lines to your left/right (depends on entrance/exit- this step is annoyingly vague). That way the roundabout kind of 'guides' you around.

As in, you might start in the right-hand lane, turning right and the line guides you to the 'middle lane' (in actual fact, you haven't changed lanes) and then as you approach the exit, you find yourself in the 'left lane' (although, again, you haven't actually changed lanes).

As an example you might be familiar with (?), this style of roundabout can be found if you're on the M1 towards Belfast (at the Balls-on-the-Falls, or Westicles as I prefer to call them) and are taking 3rd exit to get to Boucher road.

Again, if I'm mistaken and the Ballycoolin ones are a unique thing unlike what's describes above then apologies!

Leave a comment:

• Mark2
    replied
    why do so many supposedly professional companies ghost you after first contact?

you email them, they respond quickly with 'yes, we do this and that, can do that for you no problem etc' you say great, set it up and let me know how i can pay etc. then.....nothing. reminder emails..... nothing.

wtf? happened me twice this week alone

Leave a comment:

• Aontroim
    replied

While we at the Roundabout rant, let me remind you of bunch of amazingly constructed roundabouts which are located somewhere behind Ballycoolin. Those bastards are impossible to drive through LEGALY. Painted lanes are changing half way through, disappearing and then appearing again in completely different location. There is simply no other way going through them by just closing your eyes and doing a racing line and hoping for the best. It's absolutely mind blowing that these were constructed quite recently in that way.
    I wouldn't be familiar with the area so forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick but if it's the style of roundabout I'm thinking of, I would get into the correct lane at the entrance to the roundabout (as dictated by sign/road markings) and then keep one of the lines to your left/right (depends on entrance/exit- this step is annoyingly vague). That way the roundabout kind of 'guides' you around.

As in, you might start in the right-hand lane, turning right and the line guides you to the 'middle lane' (in actual fact, you haven't changed lanes) and then as you approach the exit, you find yourself in the 'left lane' (although, again, you haven't actually changed lanes).

As an example you might be familiar with (?), this style of roundabout can be found if you're on the M1 towards Belfast (at the Balls-on-the-Falls, or Westicles as I prefer to call them) and are taking 3rd exit to get to Boucher road.

Again, if I'm mistaken and the Ballycoolin ones are a unique thing unlike what's describes above then apologies!

Leave a comment:

• hi-rev
    replied

While we at the Roundabout rant, let me remind you of bunch of amazingly constructed roundabouts which are located somewhere behind Ballycoolin. Those bastards are impossible to drive through LEGALY. Painted lanes are changing half way through, disappearing and then appearing again in completely different location. There is simply no other way going through them by just closing your eyes and doing a racing line and hoping for the best. It's absolutely mind blowing that these were constructed quite recently in that way.
    Ah yes. The series of roundabouts between Ballycoolin and the N2.
    They are fun to drive through at night, but when in traffic you feel as if someone took a roundabout and photocopied a mirror image and went to work. EVERYTHING in them is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• fez
    replied

They’ve done this at Liffey valley at fonthill its ridiculous

Leave a comment:

• Bazg2
    replied
    Drive through there at night on a damp evening, plenty of sideways activity going on...

Leave a comment:

• Mike205
    replied
    Originally posted by slipsliderg View Post

Use the same one quite regularly and can confirm its nuts, everybody straight lines them roundabouts, expect for the left lane, 3 o'clockers, WTF like

Leave a comment:

• Bazg2
    replied
    I’ve never had the issue and I use circlek , but imagine it’s psychological due to the current prices even if they’re easing off a bit 🤣

Leave a comment:

• JohnRA
    replied
    Circle K. In every single Circle K in the country, my card gets declined first time around due to wrong PIN. I've entered the right PIN first time. I've entered the same PIN the second time. Accepted. It says wrong PIN until the point of blocking my card if I pay at the pump. It's only Circle K and their machines. Is it just me? Why?

Leave a comment:

• slipsliderg
    replied
    Originally posted by davkav View Post

This drives me bananas. And even moreso when they stay in the left lane and continue around the roundabout in the left lane to the exit at 3 O'clock.

The north bound slip off the M3 for Dunshaughlin/Ratoath/Trim has examples of this all day every day.
    Use the same one quite regularly and can confirm its nuts, everybody straight lines them roundabouts, expect for the left lane, 3 o'clockers, WTF like

Leave a comment:

Bottom of thread

Collapse
Working...
X