X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -MICK-
    replied
    Originally posted by Cold View Post
    Ya. I’m not entirely surprised about the engine swaps either. If I actually cared about the service then I would go elsewhere but when it’s a car wash and a stamp in the book… whatever.
    yea mechanics are leaving the profession in droves. Taking jobs in the likes of Intel etc. and doubling their pay. Simple fact is mechanics are under paid and the cost of servicing is going to have to increase and mechanics paid more to come back to the industry.... Just my opinion looking in from the outside...... And jag engines are letting go regardless of servicing. (the Inginium engines). mine had an oil change every 10klms and still needs replacing after 100k..... soft liners and crap timing chains. Timing chains can be replaced but if liners show signs of ware its a donkey swap....

Leave a comment:

• -MICK-
    replied
    Originally posted by richardsheil View Post

I bought a car in NI previous week, registered it last Saturday, got reg cert yesterday, went on NCT site this morning at 8 from the comfort of my bed, and had my NCT cert in my hand at 3pm today. Suggest you look at their site late at night or first thing in morning.
    yea done that... its just pot luck, They are releasing cancellations randomly now....

Leave a comment:

• richardsheil
    replied
    Originally posted by -MICK- View Post
    NCT... Again.... booked today, earliest slot... 7th June 2023.... now this is taken from their customer charter line 5.

We aim to ensure that the average lead time for an appointment at an individual NCT centre is less than or equal to 15 days. You will be provided with a test, free of charge, where an appointment cannot be offered within a 28 day period, unless any of the following apply:

why isn't every dam test free now???
    I bought a car in NI previous week, registered it last Saturday, got reg cert yesterday, went on NCT site this morning at 8 from the comfort of my bed, and had my NCT cert in my hand at 3pm today. Suggest you look at their site late at night or first thing in morning.
    Last edited by richardsheil; 26-11-2022, 09:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crank_case
    replied
    Anyhow, my point is that I suspect there’s a lack of mechanics..
    With a completely straight face, ask them if they made sure to re-ionize the Dilithium crystals and see what they say.

Leave a comment:

• Cold
    replied
    Ya. I’m not entirely surprised about the engine swaps either. If I actually cared about the service then I would go elsewhere but when it’s a car wash and a stamp in the book… whatever.

Leave a comment:

• -MICK-
    replied
    I just booked the I-Pace in for a service. 4 month waiting list. I don’t really care as it’s a €600 car wash that can be done tomorrow or next year. If I were to rant it might be about the ludicrous price. Anyhow, my point is that I suspect there’s a lack of mechanics. Mind you, if they’re charging €600 for a car wash then they shouldn’t have too much difficulty paying their staff well to solve the waiting list problem.
    with Spirit?? They are Having major problems with techs and engine swaps....

Leave a comment:

• Traco
    replied
    I'll check out that 51st place next time so. We always seem to be tight on time so all I want is a quick coffee and a pastry. Don't need all the other messing.

Leave a comment:

• JohnH
    replied
    Originally posted by Traco View Post
    True, you can buy I think a standard taxi should be capable of taking two people and their luggage. If I had the rest of the muppets in tow I'd have ordered a truck.

Had a rant on Google review about the upgraded food place after US immigration. Beyond useless.

Guess I'm old and grumpy now but I just think simple stuff should stay simple and work.
    I’m with you. The 51st & Green lounge is worth the fee compared to the alternative and thankfully is free with Aer Lingus status even in Economy.

To avoid the taxis pita I have the same guy collect me for the last decade. His Aircon works and there’s leg room in his car. And when I’m tired after a flight he knows at a glance to enjoy the silence.

Leave a comment:

• davemx-5
    replied
    You can call ncts directly on: (01) 4135992 they'll ensure you get the best cancellation appointment at your local centre.

I do this all the time. I've never sat up waiting at midnight, feck that ha. Just ring them and they do that for you.

I've actually advanced booked the Altezza nct for June next year and I'll do the mx5 soon too.

https://www.thejournal.ie/nct-delays-2-5723852-Mar2022/

Leave a comment:

• Johnny 89
    replied
    Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post

why don’t they just pre book you in advance, ye know, like the dentists do. See ye in a year for your next check up ‘nall dat!
    Could you imagine the cancellations if that was the case? The amount of cars been sold etc. etc.

Leave a comment:

• Bazg2
    replied
    Originally posted by Ketron View Post

Same, mine is in May. Its a joke! You have to do the total nonsense of checking early in the morning or late in the evening to get slot that not months away.
    why don’t they just pre book you in advance, ye know, like the dentists do. See ye in a year for your next check up ‘nall dat!

Leave a comment:

• Taz
    replied
    Originally posted by Ming View Post
    people with studs and various types of body rings
    They shouldn't set anything off, none of mine have yet, and I have a few.

Leave a comment:

• Ketron
    replied
    Originally posted by -MICK- View Post
    NCT... Again.... booked today, earliest slot... 7th June 2023.... now this is taken from their customer charter line 5.

We aim to ensure that the average lead time for an appointment at an individual NCT centre is less than or equal to 15 days. You will be provided with a test, free of charge, where an appointment cannot be offered within a 28 day period, unless any of the following apply:

why isn't every dam test free now???
    Same, mine is in May. Its a joke! You have to do the total nonsense of checking early in the morning or late in the evening to get slot that not months away.

Leave a comment:

• foyler
    replied
    Makes a bit of a mockery of the whole chape servicing upside....

Leave a comment:

• Cold
    replied
    I just booked the I-Pace in for a service. 4 month waiting list. I don’t really care as it’s a €600 car wash that can be done tomorrow or next year. If I were to rant it might be about the ludicrous price. Anyhow, my point is that I suspect there’s a lack of mechanics. Mind you, if they’re charging €600 for a car wash then they shouldn’t have too much difficulty paying their staff well to solve the waiting list problem.

Leave a comment:

Bottom of thread

Collapse
Working...
X