X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold
    replied
    Originally posted by Padrio View Post
    The World Cup and, yet again, the ubiquitous "pundit" and "co-commentator" pollute our TVs, with 99.9% of them spouting pure and utter bilge. They haven't a clue what they are saying. It's clear that intelligence is in short supply and being a good player does not qualify one to be a pundit.
    I'm talking about you, Martin Keown, Robbie Savage, Ray Houghton, Ronnie Whelan, Jermaine Jenas............... (the list goes on and on) 🤦
    It’s hard to take the World Cup seriously so not sure I need quality analysis. It’s not like a country can buy in a player to solve a problem or work with the team to perfect tactics. It’s a bunch of guys on a pitch trying to stitch together some passes and hoping that it somehow works.

I have to say I always watch the English commentary because it’s a mixture of fun and a bit of drama with a focus on making it entertaining, not just endless monotonous moaning which tends to be the RTE approach. If you want quality football it’s rarely going to happen here so just sit back and roll with it. I think it’s nearly more of a celebration of the legends than anything else.

Leave a comment:

• foyler
    replied
    I’d love to see someone do a mash up of the latest McDonald’s takeaway ads with that class scene from falling down & Michael Douglas !
    Shady farkin advertising,
    The 3 worst and most overrated ways to consume food - takeaway , drive thru & room service!

Leave a comment:

• Padrio
    replied
    The World Cup and, yet again, the ubiquitous "pundit" and "co-commentator" pollute our TVs, with 99.9% of them spouting pure and utter bilge. They haven't a clue what they are saying. It's clear that intelligence is in short supply and being a good player does not qualify one to be a pundit.
    I'm talking about you, Martin Keown, Robbie Savage, Ray Houghton, Ronnie Whelan, Jermaine Jenas............... (the list goes on and on) 🤦

Leave a comment:

• hi-rev
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob_Eng84 View Post

Jesus who urinated in your shreddies...

With all the money they threw at it and all the flaunt of internet speeds you would expect decent quality. At least be able to see that is dudes in white out fits and not empty seats in the stadiums 🤷🤷
    You missed the topic title...

Leave a comment:

• Rob_Eng84
    replied
    Originally posted by hi-rev View Post

I am sorry. The slaves working the treadmill must have gotten tired. I'll hit them with the whip.

And yes, I loathe that F1 and the olympics are in other hellhole countries too.
    Jesus who urinated in your shreddies...

With all the money they threw at it and all the flaunt of internet speeds you would expect decent quality. At least be able to see that is dudes in white out fits and not empty seats in the stadiums 🤷🤷

Leave a comment:

• Johnny_Limerick
    replied
    Originally posted by fast focus View Post
    There is not one man out of the 40 odd I trained with working in a garage repairing cars. Treated like muck for years with terrible pay. It’s an extremely demanding trade too cars became very computerised very quickly and left a lot of guys behind. Tough dirty work too. I still love it but glad it’s a hobby now.

A thread I started on DTDIRL a number of years ago, gave me a great heads up to avoid switching to that trade.

Leave a comment:

• hi-rev
    replied
    Originally posted by TRD3000GT View Post
    Picture quality of the world cup is shocking
    I am sorry. The slaves working the treadmill must have gotten tired. I'll hit them with the whip.

And yes, I loathe that F1 and the olympics are in other hellhole countries too.

Leave a comment:

• TRD3000GT
    replied
    Picture quality of the world cup is shocking

Leave a comment:

• TRD3000GT
    replied
    Originally posted by Eoin View Post

I cant get over lads in my local gym circling the carpark to get a spot near the front door when their is a massive carpark half empty!
    I mean they are going to train and get fit FFS!
    A women in work lived 10 meters away from work, she was so close she could get the work wifi in her apartment

She would drive to work and drive to the gym, was equally as close

I asked her one day , why does she drive in , it's quicker to walk vs having to sit in traffic and loop the industrial estates one way system

She said, what's the point in having a car if you don't use it
    Same reasoning from another work colleague who lived just as close

Leave a comment:

• fast focus
    replied
    Originally posted by deltona View Post
    Whoever was processing warranty at that place didn't know what they were doing.

I'd guess they could've easily gotten the following times;
    Setup 0.1hr
    OBD Diagnostic 0.2
    Guided FF 0.3-0.5
    Wiring checks/tracing 0.4
    Pump replacement 0.3
    Final test/completion 0.1

That's 1.6hrs or 96 minutes. Of course all that would have to be documented on the job card (electronic or otherwise) by the tech in the first place, but telling someone it's 18 minutes to change a pump and not claiming for standard provided diagnostic time is just simplistic idiocy.
    I'd very well belive that deltona... as always with these things the blame is pushed somewhere else. When I was working with bmw on a service the guys had to clock in and out of particular tasks ie change the oil and then clock on replacing a bulb then onto pollen filters etc. Seemed crazy to me all this time spent tapping a screen when you could just be getting on with the job at hand. Then the time spent writing everything up. Just seems like a lot of crazy paperwork to account for every second of your working day.

Leave a comment:

• deltona
    replied
    Whoever was processing warranty at that place didn't know what they were doing.

I'd guess they could've easily gotten the following times;
    Setup 0.1hr
    OBD Diagnostic 0.2
    Guided FF 0.3-0.5
    Wiring checks/tracing 0.4
    Pump replacement 0.3
    Final test/completion 0.1

That's 1.6hrs or 96 minutes. Of course all that would have to be documented on the job card (electronic or otherwise) by the tech in the first place, but telling someone it's 18 minutes to change a pump and not claiming for standard provided diagnostic time is just simplistic idiocy.

Leave a comment:

• fast focus
    replied
    Originally posted by Healyc View Post

Exactly but I got out of the main dealer network and have been with an Indy for the past 12 or so years which I find a lot better, less bullish!t.

I keep hearing of loads of dealers around Dublin loosing good mechanics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bullshit warranty times have a lot to do with that. Years ago one of the lads had a little chevrolet to work on that was dropped in not starting. He went out to the car cranked it over and couldn't hear the fuel pump priming. Lifted up the back seat probed for power which it had so he got a few of us to give it a push it in with him. He removed the fuel pump up to the parts counter of course it wasn't in stock so pushed the car back out. 2 days later pushed it back in a replaced the pump went on a little test drive and parked it up. Grand job done.

The service manager came out to him 3 days later asking what he was at and why did it take him so long. He spent just under 2 hours in total which to anyone would be reasonable for that job. How much were they allowed under warranty... 18 miuntes. You would just about have in diagnosed in that time they are a farce and then a guy doing an honest days work getting grief over it. It only seemed to be getting worse.

Leave a comment:

• Cold
    replied
    Seeing as I mentioned the I-Pace, it seems a bit idiotic to be holding up my [super profitable] car wash because actual mechanics are busy with replacing engines. Train some dude who used to work on fixing iPhones and get him to do my car.

Leave a comment:

• Healyc
    replied
    Originally posted by fast focus View Post
    There is not one man out of the 40 odd I trained with working in a garage repairing cars. Treated like muck for years with terrible pay. It’s an extremely demanding trade too cars became very computerised very quickly and left a lot of guys behind. Tough dirty work too. I still love it but glad it’s a hobby now.
    Exactly but I got out of the main dealer network and have been with an Indy for the past 12 or so years which I find a lot better, less bullish!t.

I keep hearing of loads of dealers around Dublin loosing good mechanics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• fast focus
    replied

Leave a comment:

Bottom of thread

Collapse
Working...
X