Blowing off steam - The Rant Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crank_case View Post
    It's a very minor rant, more a whinge really.

Companies that supply products to supermarkets in mixed variety SKUs.

So like maybe there's two varieties of barbecue sauce in the same box. The nicer one sells out, and you're left with the other variety, but because the box isn't empty and they don't want to be stuck with them, they don't put out another box with the nicer variety till the less nice one sells out.

It's a bit like being told you can't have any ice cream unless you eat all your sprouts, but as an adult, by Aldi.
    Well, that is just moronic.
    But its going to solve itself. People just wont buy the variant they don't like, meaning the shop will be stuck with it and will have to dispose of it at discount or trash it, and will make it clear to the supplier that this will not do.
    Shelf space is premium in a supermarket as they run to tight margins, and thoughts its better in Lidl and Aldi as they carry their own brands, its still going to raise questions.

Sadly it also means that items that you might think are good but do not reach the bottom line of sales, as it were, will get the chop.
    "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
    "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by hi-rev View Post

Well, that is just moronic.
      But its going to solve itself. People just wont buy the variant they don't like, meaning the shop will be stuck with it and will have to dispose of it at discount or trash it, and will make it clear to the supplier that this will not do.
      Shelf space is premium in a supermarket as they run to tight margins, and thoughts its better in Lidl and Aldi as they carry their own brands, its still going to raise questions.

Sadly it also means that items that you might think are good but do not reach the bottom line of sales, as it were, will get the chop.
      I'm with Crank on this, it's really annoying! The strange thing is, I would have expected over a little time the issue would sort itself out but it doesn't seem to....They just seem to order the same quantities, so there is always loads of the less popular product and none of the more popular!

Comment

• But who doesn't like mango and turnip relish? Or strawberry and hemp sausages?

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by hi-rev View Post
          I still mourn the day Lidl stopped stocking capers..... And now it seems the same thing has happened to pine nuts...

Comment

• I'm looking at upgrading the family car we have a 152 f10 msport at the moment and looking to upgrade to maybe a 19 or 20 G30.

What is annyoing me is I like a car to be well spec'd out. Specifically I'm looking for one with a heads up display, sunroof and HK audio. For some reason though every single dealer lists their car as "High Spec" even though the car they are selling is pretty much base spec m-sport. It's really annoying and it makes it near impossible to narrow down what your looking for in the sea of cars available.

Anyone else frustrated by this or just ad's for cars that are so sparce on info it's laughable? Nearly every single add starts with "Nationwide delivery" who cares!

Comment

• I want to rant about the theory test - by they way I have no issue with anyone doing it and it makes sense. What freaks me out is that all the learning material is chargeable as is the test and all to a private company. My eldest did it so we bought the book and the CD. Now thats superseeded with a 2019 book and an app, again both chargeable??

If they want improved road safety then why aren't all the learning materials free? FFS, if I wanted to revise myself on some rule changes or updates why have I to pay for the material that in theory should improve safety.

Now onto the test rant, the youngest has been studying for it and I regularly get thrown random questions about the house. They are cryptic, I have to read them myself two or three times as they seem to be more english literature comprehension than road safety. Just ask the F'in question in plain english.

Oh... and WTF has the level of blood alcohol in learners got to do with safe driving. Its like saying yer grand with half a bottle of beer and sod all experience. It should be zero so don't drink and drive?? Are they trying to educate a cohort of drivers to have legal arguements with the gardai??

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest as itys wrecking my head around here at the moment. I shall now step down from the soapbox and its available for the next backroader that has suffered some similar injustice.

Comment

• Companies that think sending you a PDF that you've got to print out, fill in with an actual biro like a pleb, then scan/photo back in and email back to them in damn 2022 instead of having editable text form a on their PDF document.

Damnit, it's not printing out electronic documents that seperates us from the animals.
                https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• Bicycle commuting etiquette.....

I've cycled past you twice, my commuting pace is obviously faster than yours, so when I have stopped at the next traffic light stop behind me - Don't sail past me and the other bikes that have also overtaken you, park your fat ass at the top of the queue and then make everyone overtake you a third time because your so f.uckin slow....!
                  Last edited by cibo; 22-06-2022, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cibo View Post
                    Bicycle commuting etiquette.....

I've cycled past you twice, my commuting pace is obviously faster than yours, so when I have stopped at the next traffic light stop behind me - Don't sail past me and the other bikes that have also overtaken you, park your fat ass at the top of the queue and then make everyone overtake you a third time because your so f.uckin slow....!
                    I can add +1 to this beautiful rant, it is happening to me regularly while i'm on my 180mph motorcycle standing in front of the lights... Cyclist just line up in front of me like i'm invisible. Most of cyclist are oblivious to the surroundings anyway.
                    Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

• So, Youtube throws up ads at the start, middle and elsewhere in the videos, ok, I get it, revenue for a service, fine. But, for the first time ever, I was watching an ad before a video and instead of skipping I thought "hey, that's a pretty neat tune"....then I came to the belief that I was watching a music video and looked around for a title or band name but found nothing other than the advertisers icon being a picture of 2 peoples headshots. Now, I saw that I could visit the advertisers site, or I could send some link to my phones Youtube app. Those options were very helpful, but what isn't helpful is when you watch the whole video and realise too late that the clock has now ticked and it jumps to the main video.

I have no idea what the song was, who the band was, nor have I any way to find that damn ad. All I have is a memory of a cartoon music video with cats and the ace of spades with a song that sounded mildly like Phoenix.

ffs you shower us with ads and the first time in a decade I show interest in one, Youtube goes
                      cyan.jpg
                      Sent from my diamond encrusted yacht off the coast of Skull island

Comment

• Originally posted by ozy View Post
                        So, Youtube throws up ads at the start, middle and elsewhere in the videos, ok, I get it, revenue for a service, fine. But, for the first time ever, I was watching an ad before a video and instead of skipping I thought "hey, that's a pretty neat tune"....then I came to the belief that I was watching a music video and looked around for a title or band name but found nothing other than the advertisers icon being a picture of 2 peoples headshots. Now, I saw that I could visit the advertisers site, or I could send some link to my phones Youtube app. Those options were very helpful, but what isn't helpful is when you watch the whole video and realise too late that the clock has now ticked and it jumps to the main video.

I have no idea what the song was, who the band was, nor have I any way to find that damn ad. All I have is a memory of a cartoon music video with cats and the ace of spades with a song that sounded mildly like Phoenix.

ffs you shower us with ads and the first time in a decade I show interest in one, Youtube goes
                        Get Soundhound on the phone

Comment

• Originally posted by Gn3dr View Post

Get Soundhound on the phone
                          and that's another thing, so many damn apps!
                          Attached Files
                          Sent from my diamond encrusted yacht off the coast of Skull island

Comment

• Originally posted by cibo View Post

I still mourn the day Lidl stopped stocking capers..... And now it seems the same thing has happened to pine nuts...
                            Since when? I buy the capers regularly for the salads and home made pizza.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8~) View Post

Since when? I buy the capers regularly for the salads and home made pizza.
                              I want a photo of where they are in the store! Pretty please
                              2005 Alfa 166 2.0TS Grigio Geo - Daily Driver
                              2001 Alfa 166 3.0 Proteo Rosso - The Beast - resting for now
                              2000 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Auto Verde Argo - the Baby
                              1999 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Grigio Nettuno - Track Car
                              1984 Alfasud 1.5 Gold Cloverleaf Florentine Copper - the other Baby

Comment

• Beside a jar of custard obviously

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X